Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The first year of VB (last year), I know I had to upgrade to add VB after I renewed, so going to a three park might need to renew the 2 park and then add the third....but I would think/hope one could drop to two park and still get the renewal discount.

Well, if they do not give a discount if you downgrade, I I,Gainesville when the time comes, we would just let the passes lapse, then get what we want we the time comes, there are certainly months we do not visit...heck, I sometimes wonder if we should just step down to just doing an HHN trip one year or to skip HHN and just carry an AP...doing both is too much anymore.

Coming from Texas- you can do what we do- bookend your trips. I get an annual pass- let’s say in October- and I go then and the following September. Then I take a year off and do it again.

That’s always the plan- what ends up happening is about 4-5 trips during that year. Still though, this allows me to go annually while only buying one AP every two years.

I do the same with Disney.

Passholders don't get discounts on single day tickets anywhere. Were you planning on multiday at VB? I don't know that they sell a standalone for multiple days but for a 1 day there is no discount.
No, just want to go once just to experience. I already have a pass to Aquatica, and I really just go to run from slide to slide, lol, relaxing I can do at home on the sofa :)

I actually think @Disneyhead had the best idea of them all by saying they should incorporate live entertainment throughout the park. Some Polynesian dancers and other acts would truly separate it and give some of the crowds more things to do.
A stage at the new expansion certainly wouldn’t be a terrible idea. Know it won’t happen- but these are the types of things Uni should be thinking of to differentiate itself even further as well as add people eaters.
I agree, but you have to think practically as well.

All TMs that work at VB are bused over from the USF/IOA backstage parking area. VB also has limited backstage space and if there is to be a dedicated entertainment option, there would need to be a dedicated backstage entertainment area at VB and once expansion is completed, i'm not sure if there will be room for something like that as they need all the park space they can use.

I did see some Polynesian dancers on one of my visits. Is this not a thing anymore?

So...how much are they charging for the express passes that you can buy at the park the day of your visit? We plan on getting to the park 15 minutes before early open to snag a shaded free chair somewhere as I have heard that many of the premium combo loungers that face into the sun doesn't provide much shade at all

The pool is still closed.

There's some signs of activity at the expansion area as that supper build gets nearer to finished and several employees say a new slide tower is coming very soon, like it'll be built this year from the way they talk. Seem sure of it. I know employees but.......

Also, and this is rather big , just today they upped the weight limit on the capsule slides in the volcano from 230 to 270. I found this out after having hit up krakatau 5 times. By far the best water coaster i've been on.

Last edited:
The Orange County Property Appraiser has released their 2018 aerial imagery. The photos were taken in early January, and they happened to be taken on a day that Volcano Bay was closed due to cold weather, so there's this fantastic view of the empty park:

13Hwwbj.jpg

Also, and this is rather big , just today they upped the weight limit on the capsule slides in the volcano from 230 to 270. I bag this out after having hit up krakatau 5 times. By far the best water coaster i've been on

In our last vlog, we noticed they added slide extenders to those slides. I'm guessing this has helped with the weight increase.

I wonder how much effort it would take to extend the torrent river into the new expansion area? Essentially expanding across the way from the main entrance/exit of the fearless river (in between Taniwa and Mako Puihi)

It wouldn't really take up much space (in particular if it went around the new slide complex); and in return would add capacity to an "anytime" attraction.

Reactions: Cheezbat
I wonder how much effort it would take to extend the torrent river into the new expansion area? Essentially expanding across the way from the main entrance/exit of the fearless river (in between Taniwa and Mako Puihi)

It wouldn't really take up much space (in particular if it went around the new slide complex); and in return would add capacity to an "anytime" attraction.
Or they could just add another rapids ride going all the way around the expansion pad like the ones at Schlitterbahn. Now those things are super fun

Reactions: Ashhanbre