Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round like CoP. Track goes in one side, makes a rounded U-turn, comes out other opening on same side it entered, now facing opposite direction.
Thanks, I know what to look forward to now. They say construction will be done this year? Must have lots built offsite and all they have to do is bolt it in place.
Going to be a very interesting build to watch.

I haven’t heard any estimates on completion, but we should see the coaster itself going up pretty fast over the summer. Lots of themed elements and rock work will take longer.

View attachment 6232
Now that we don’t have two giant tall pieces of roller coaster right next to the HE, do you think they would knock down that right wall and put some nice elevated greenery. I know the new coaster is still gonna be built in the same area, but it’ll be low and way less visable..
I don't think so. If they took down the wall, you'd see the new coaster's track and a big show scene building.

In a strange way, I feel like Universal is taking inspiration by Grizzly Mountain heavily, as it sounds very much like GM, it'll be a highly immersive family roller-coaster with indoor, outdoor, backwards, forwards, and multiple effects. It makes me curious and excited to see what the final outcome of the attraction will be, as it seems like it has so much potential to be a crowdpleaser for UOR.

In a strange way, I feel like Universal is taking inspiration by Grizzly Mountain heavily, as it sounds very much like GM, it'll be a highly immersive family roller-coaster with indoor, outdoor, backwards, forwards, and multiple effects. It makes me curious and excited to see what the final outcome of the attraction will be, as it seems like it has so much potential to be a crowdpleaser for UOR.
:thumbsup:The more I hear of this attraction, the more I believe it's going to be a big time home run with the GP.

View attachment 6232
Now that we don’t have two giant tall pieces of roller coaster right next to the HE, do you think they would knock down that right wall and put some nice elevated greenery. I know the new coaster is still gonna be built in the same area, but it’ll be low and way less visable..

It will look a lot better when some trees are added.

hogwarts.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 6232
They have added scrims to the top of the wall during construction. Don't know if they will continue after completion. Maybe they just plant trees, would be my choice

So Alicia, perhaps you have mentioned this before so excuse me if so, but how many break runs or the like areas are there? Simply put, how many trains could be on track at one time with safety stops in between?

Too, is the coaster 2 or 4 abreast?

Last edited:
So Alicia, perhaps you have mentioned this before so excuse me if so, but how many break runs or the like areas are there? Simply put, how many trains could be on track at one time with safety stops in between?

Too, is the coaster 2 or 4 abreast?
I’m not sure about break runs, at least 2, but likely 4 at least from what I can tell. I assume they’ll be stops before and after track switch. One will probably be to slow it down at one point before entering the round building.

I’m no coaster expert. Maybe 3 or 4 trains at once? They’ll have lots of room at load/unload with the two stations now connected, so maybe they’ll have more trains on, but only dispatch with ~3 running outside at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.