Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is Midway Mania getting shut down to retool the queue for the new entrance?

If so, DHS is going to be even more of a mess from the time they shut that down to TSL opening.

Is Midway Mania getting shut down to retool the queue for the new entrance?

If so, DHS is going to be even more of a mess from the time they shut that down to TSL opening.
They should be able to make the switch without closing the entire ride. Most days they’re running 2 and even only 1 track while they work on the new entrance, but I don’t think it will completely shut down at all. The line is already lining up outside since some of the old inside queue is already closed off from that side now.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
They should be able to make the switch without closing the entire ride. Most days they’re running 2 and even only 1 track while they work on the new entrance, but I don’t think it will completely shut down at all. The line is already lining up outside since some of the old inside queue is already closed off from that side now.
Thanks! I assumed they would have to shut the ride down so they could do queue alterations. What will become of the old queue entrance?

Boarded up and Cast Members entrance only back there. That whole Pixar Place Street will go back to being backstage again.

Please does anyone know where the M&G will move to? (Sorry if has already been posted)

Hopefully will build duplicate+ ‘rooms’, like Enchanted Tales with Belle, instead of one long queue.

Please does anyone know where the M&G will move to? (Sorry if has already been posted)

Hopefully will build duplicate+ ‘rooms’, like Enchanted Tales with Belle, instead of one long queue.
As Buzz and Woody will have statues in the land, I don’t think it’s likely their meet and greet will exist in the new area. It seems as though the roaming Green Army Men (as face characters) will serve as their replacement.

Reactions: Coasted
It’s all the rage in IP lands these days. You can’t meet Harry Potter or Woody, but you can meet a Knight Bus Conductor and the Green Army Men.

I’m sure plenty of guests will be lining up for photos with the statues anyway.
Yep...At WDW, all they have to do is put some sort of costume on someone, any costume, and they'll start lining up in droves.

Crazy thought, maybe the leftover bit of the soundstage to the left of One Mans Dream is being saved for meet and greets. Right at the entrance to the land, but without breaking character size incongruities.

Or they’ll do them outside until a new structure is built.

I dont see them losing the Buzz and Woody meet and greets, even if not in the land itself.

It’s all the rage in IP lands these days. You can’t meet Harry Potter or Woody, but you can meet a Knight Bus Conductor and the Green Army Men.

I’m sure plenty of guests will be lining up for photos with the statues anyway.

You can still meet Woody. You just can't say Andy's coming any more, well you can but nothing will happen. JK Rowling did specifically mention about Harry Potter not being a meet and greet.

woody.jpg

Woody and Buzz are way different than Harry Potter (although they both have a scar they don't talk about)

Not everything can have the HP formula applied to it

You can still meet Woody. You just can't say Andy's coming any more, well you can but nothing will happen. JK Rowling did specifically mention about Harry Potter not being a meet and greet.

View attachment 6235
Oh, I know you can now, I'm just not so sure you'll be able to meet him in DHS come June 30th. I could see them putting Jessie and Woody back into MK, and Buzz never left Tomorrowland to begin with.

Disney has confirmed meet and greets with Buzz and Woody will be at TSL, plus Jessie will be joining them for the first time at DHS.
I stand corrected. The question now is: where? I don’t see a spot for a meet and greet that wouldn’t put you in view of one of the statues.

They could always ignore the discrepancy, but that seems waaaay out of character for Disney.

I stand corrected. The question now is: where? I don’t see a spot for a meet and greet that wouldn’t put you in view of one of the statues.

They could always ignore the discrepancy, but that seems waaaay out of character for Disney.

Does it matter if there is a statue in the background?

95DB04AA-0F39-418E-926B-53A91B42F67D.jpeg

Reactions: tankart150
I mean, yeah, since they're establishing that the statues *are* the characters for the purposes of the land. Again, whatever they want to do, but that would be a huge departure for the company that banished Winnie the Pooh from MK parades for fear of people seeing him twice.

I mean, yeah, since they're establishing that the statues *are* the characters for the purposes of the land. Again, whatever they want to do, but that would be a huge departure for the company that banished Winnie the Pooh from MK parades for fear of people seeing him twice.

As they are toys, which you can go to the store and buy multiple copies and sizes of, I don't see the problem.