Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercy Alicia, you must be all worn out from answering questions! Thanks for being such an agreeable trouper!

I await your NSEW blow by blow of the track layout... when you have a minute. ;)
Thanks! I plan on doing an in-depth video on the subject in early May. (Hoping Universal releases a name or concept art by then to make it a little easier on me lol.)

I am SO on board with this ride being a Universal interpretation of the Disney "mountain range" ride (minus the height of course.) Long track, long ride length, family thrills, indoor/outdoor layout with immersive theming running alongside the track, sense of speed conveyed and enhanced by the environment, etc.

I'm hearing we're getting a lot of rockwork which is awesome but I'm trying to figure out where in the Harry Potter universe there is land with low rocky outcroppings. We're assuming it's dark forest themed but is it possible that a large chunk of this takes place on the lower water-level area in and around the "base" of the castle like in the below image? Obviously the ride wouldn't literally be anywhere near the base of our castle façade but having the in-universe setting be "on the other side of the castle" is perfectly doable and kind of genius. Consistency with the existing castle can be retained pretty easily thanks to the remote and hidden nature of the queue approach and queue building. The queue is long and disorienting with loading/unloading hidden from guests so it's perfectly reasonable for the initial ride setting to be at the base of the mountain outcroppings somewhere on the outskirts of the castle. This would allow us to feel like we're really travelling from Hogwarts to the Forbidden Forest and back again on the ride itself instead of just having us board already in the forest. This also fully justifies retaining the indoor queue. If the castle façade is appropriately dressed up to include rockwork, we could be walking through hidden tunnels and passageways of Hogwarts grounds. Thoughts?

Hogwartsmatte1c2_2.jpg
The only other rockwork besides the one you mention to my knowledge is in goblet of fire, where its Harry's turn to retrieve a golden egg from his "DRAGON" could mean nothing :dance:

Mercy Alicia, you must be all worn out from answering questions! Thanks for being such an agreeable trouper!

I await your NSEW compass blow by blow of the track layout... when you have a minute. ;)
Also, I do go into some more detail on track layout and even discuss one of the possible story theories I've heard about the ride on the new UUOP podcast. (About 51 minutes in.)

Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast : Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast #291 - Voodoo Donut Menu & HHN Dates

I await your NSEW compass blow by blow of the track layout... when you have a minute. ;)

Sorry, I hate to do this....but what does NSEW stand for? Its not on the list.:(

Load-S-E-NE-N-N-W-W-N-E-E-E-E-STOP-S-E-N-W-W-W-W-W-STOP-E-E-E-E-SE-SE-E-NW-NW-W-S-S-S-E-NE-S-W-NW-SW-W-N-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-NE-??-SW-SW-W-W-W-W-SW-NW-W-NW-N-N-N-Ford Anglia-W-W-W-S-E-Unload

Geeepers, that actually looks authentic. Now, who wants to draw that out in overlay? :)

Edit: I just drew it out on paper... the beginning and end are right where they should be. I came up with lots of track cross-overs or unders. It appears nicely complex!

Last edited:
Geeepers, that actually looks authentic. Now, who wants to draw that out in overlay? :)

Edit: I just drew it out on paper... the beginning and end are right where they should be. I came up with lots of track cross-overs or unders. It appears nicely complex!
I think I'll use you for directions in the future instead of Mapquest.:) Teebinquest

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Status
Not open for further replies.