Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

Hollywood has the Raptor encounter. And the Raptor seen in the commercial is Hollywood. The water cannons from the splashdown are going off in the background. It’s all Hollywood imagery. Nothing from Orlando.

Hollywood has the Raptor encounter. And the Raptor seen in the commercial is Hollywood. The water cannons from the splashdown are going off in the background. It’s all Hollywood imagery. Nothing from Orlando.
I think what MD is more implying is how the park is being marketed? I don't want to step in the wrong foot, but that's what I am guessing that he is saying.

I think what MD is more implying is how the park is being marketed? I don't want to step in the wrong foot, but that's what I am guessing that he is saying.
I should quoted it, but I was referring to Chris. Originally in his post he mentioned it wasn’t all Hollywood. He’s since edited it.

I thought the commercial was OK if the casting would have been better. That main child actor just doesn't seem to work. As the old saying goes, child actors can steal a scene, In this case, the child actor detracts from the commercial. He doesn't look right, or acts right, for the part. Heh, just my opinion, but it kind of jumped out at me. All I saw was this kid that didn't have the right look, dominating the scenes, and thus I kept missing the important stuff, namely attractions that flashed across the screen. ....I just looked at it again & now I know what bothered me. The kid has too much of a 1930's Shirley Temple look, or even a Little Lord Fauntelroy look , with modern day clothes. He just doesn't look like a real kid. He's way too fake Hollywood.

Last edited:
I thought the commercial was OK if the casting would have been better. That main child actor just doesn't seem to work. As the old saying goes, child actors can steal a scene, In this case, the child actor detracts from the commercial. He doesn't look right, or acts right, for the part. Heh, just my opinion, but it kind of jumped out at me. All I saw was this kid that didn't have the right look, dominating the scenes, and thus I kept missing the important stuff, namely attractions that flashed across the screen. ....I just looked at it again & now I know what bothered me. The kid has too much of a 1930's Shirley Temple look, or even a Little Lord Fauntelroy look , with modern day clothes. He just doesn't look like a real kid. He's way too fake Hollywood.

Funny because I felt the opposite during the commercial.

And that's why said it's just my opinion.We all look at things with a different perspective:thumbsup: :)...Whatever the real reason, it would be interesting to see the survey that probably instigated the decision.

Haha of course, but I was wondering what was so bad when you first mentioned it and when you mentioned your reasons why I felt the anti-thesis to your opinion, that the kid inclusion was dumb so my focus was on everything going around him.

Haha of course, but I was wondering what was so bad when you first mentioned it and when you mentioned your reasons why I felt the anti-thesis to your opinion, that the kid inclusion was dumb so my focus was on everything going around him.
Actually we had the same end opinion then, just a different way around it. :lol: No kid equals OK commercial

Last edited:
2017 Attendence report is out.
USH jumped 12% in 2017!
Up to 9,056,000 visitors and the best growth of any Universal park last year.

Theme Index | AECOM

All looks good for continued and future expansion. Maybe this growth has also influenced changing plans for the lower lot?

Last edited: