Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn’t call it worthless. There aren’t a lot of places in Uni where you can really get away from the crowds and relax, and this is probably the best one they have.

Agreed! Love Central Park - we often get a few Duffs and a Lard Lad donut for the kid and sit there during the afternoon crowds.

Huh.

Which is something like maybe 1% of guests do in a given day. A nightshow viewing area, if that’s what’s happening, will be used infinitely more
Exactly a few guests may use it, but in the eyes of the park this space is basically worthless as is.

Exactly a few guests may use it, but in the eyes of the park this space is basically worthless as is.
It's not, besides creating viewing area this area could be rented out as event spaces during the evenings or a nice meet and greet area during the day (better then the area to the left of the Monster and Make-up show).
During Halloween Horror nights it can become a scare zone and for Mardi Grass an extra market area to relief the one in New York. All of these bring in a huge amount of money.

To be frank, I don't think you are counting when it can be used for not just the show, but also for things like Mardi Gras/HHN for food area's in particular, or with the show, a dedicated area that acts similar to World of Color (Paradise Bay called), giving the best angle that the show can offer.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I kind of hope not, just because I’m concerned about there being enough space there for everyone to pack in and have a decent view. Hopefully the show will be set up so that the San Francisco side of the lagoon also works well as a viewing area.

They also have Simpsons viewing. Just wonder if this will be Illuminations where you can see from anywhere or just one vantage point.

They also have Simpsons viewing. Just wonder if this will be Illuminations where you can see from anywhere or just one vantage point.
True. I think this discussion highlights one of the disadvantages of the Universal lagoon: it’s oddly shaped which makes putting a show on it that is viewable from all areas a real challenge. I think that’s why we ended up with CineSpheres and CineSpec: They were both basically shows with very small footprints that were multiplied across the lagoon to be viewable. Obviously, the results of that approach left much to be desired. Here’s to hoping they’re doing something that uses the lagoon’s footprint in interesting ways.

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
Allow me to throw this, I could see this acting like Paradise Bay from California Adventure, where it actually is still a nice and quiet place that people can relax at during the day, but can be used viciously for the nighttime entertainment. Even with special events done, Paradise Bay from what I've gathered is calmer than some may percieve, and that this may end up similar to that.

Just food for thought.

Are we sure this will be ready by 2018? Just wanting to ask that up-front, or if Universal has come out and said that it is happening this year for the new nighttime show (in specifics for opening timeline).

Reactions: Magic-Man
Maybe they’re doing that so it’s easier to view things across the lake. Ie. Someone near Transformers can view stuff going on near Springfield.

While the park needed a new nighttime show, this is another loss to me. I loved sitting in the park, laying in the grass...relaxing there when everywhere else in the park is packed to the gills and crazy. It was a place to get away.

Just another USF change to make me like the park even less.