Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 175 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated potential land IP's in order from most to least-likely IMO.

- DreamWorks (Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Trolls, etc)
- Lord of the Rings/ The Hobbit
- Super Nintendo World (includes Mario, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Yoshi. Could potentially include Luigi's Mansion and other Mushroom-Kingdom-related IP's)
- Fantastic Beasts (Harry Potter spinoff)
- Pokemon (Nintendo IP)
- The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule (Nintendo IP)
- Star Trek (currently unused at any Universal park that I know of)
- Classic Universal (Jaws, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, etc)
- Universal Monsters (Dracula, Mummy, Frankenstein, etc)
- Metroid (Nintendo IP)
- Splatoon (Nintendo IP)
- Godzilla (currently unused at any Universal park that I know of)
- Ready Player One ('cause Spielburg and 80's)
- Hello Kitty (kill me now)
- Illumination (unlikely, but possible)
- Stranger Things (Netflix IP)
- Jurassic World (unlikely, but possible)
- DC Comics (very unlikely, but possible. Don't kill me)

- DreamWorks (Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Trolls, etc)
- Super Nintendo World (includes Mario, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Yoshi. Could potentially include Luigi's Mansion and other Mushroom-Kingdom-related IP's)
- Pokemon (Nintendo IP)
- Metroid (Nintendo IP)
- Splatoon (Nintendo IP)
how the hickity heck are Godzilla, Hello Kitty, Illumination, and JW that low

Reactions: fryoj

- Pokemon (Nintendo IP)
- Metroid (Nintendo IP)
- Splatoon (Nintendo IP)

I would say this as the most likely given circumstances:
- Super Nintendo World: The Mushroom Kingdom (Mariokart, Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi)
- Lord of The Rings (Universal's theme park relationship with WB and the allowing of the Amazon show comes to play)
- Fantastic Beasts (Paris or a new cityscape not yet seen in the film series)
- Dreamworks Animation (Shrek, Panda, Trolls, Dragons, all in a NFL-esque land)
- Original Concept (the park can't be entirely IP's)
- Sanrio (Hello Kitty, Chococat, Kero Kero, and other characters)

Things I don't see:

- Super Nintendo World: Hyrule (Saving it for one of the other parks at UOR)
- Jurassic World (Islands)
- Illumination (Seems to already have the presence set at USF, regardless of the quality as of now)
- Stranger Things (Halloween Horror Nights will have that IP covered for a long while presumably)
- Ready Player One (Not a franchise, doesn't even have a sequel published, and may not be able to hold itself up as a reliable IP regardless of the fanservice)
- DC Comics (While not impossible, is more improbable due to presumably legalities that would have to be faced between Universal, Time Warner/Warner Bros, DC, and Six Flags)
- Godzilla (Can't hold on it's own, and Kong already fills that hole in nicely)
- Anything Classic Universal (While it could be profitable, it is more of a risk because it could get dated fast)
- Classic Monsters (Blame the Dark Universe)

And throwing this one into the don't, Armada as while that's being made to film, it's not fully in production yet nor should be a guarantee to see in theaters just yet.

Things I don't see:

- Super Nintendo World: Hyrule (Saving it for one of the other parks at UOR)

If SNW and Pokemon both go into the 3rd gate, is it really worth it to save the property for a current park? Zelda may be popular, but it's nowhere near the other major Nintendo properties.

Plus, I don't think Nintendo would want to keep the land separate. LC has a really weird setup. The land stretches from east to west, yet the major walking path goes north to south. Expansion space is extremely limited. It's right next to one of the most popular theme park lands in theme park history. It's a horrible spot for a licensed IP to go (HTTYD is Universal-owned, so they wouldn't have any limitations in putting it there). Given the freedom of choosing between building an entirely new land or reconstructing an old one, Nintendo would choose the new park. No contest.

Reactions: tankart150
If SNW and Pokemon both go into the 3rd gate, is it really worth it to save the property for a current park? Zelda may be popular, but it's nowhere near the other major Nintendo properties.

Plus, I don't think Nintendo would want to keep the land separate. LC has a really weird setup. The land stretches from east to west, yet the major walking path goes north to south. Expansion space is extremely limited. It's right next to one of the most popular theme park lands in theme park history. It's a horrible spot for a licensed IP to go (HTTYD is Universal-owned, so they wouldn't have any limitations in putting it there). Given the freedom of choosing between building an entirely new land or reconstructing an old one, Nintendo would choose the new park. No contest.
Who’s to say LC won’t be completely demolished for Zelda?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
And if you were Universal would you use up so much land in your third park for Nintendo or would you spread it out a bit to the others?

It it was completely up to Universal, they wouldn't. But Nintendo also has a say in decisions relating to their properties. If SNW or Pokemon was to go into KZ, it wouldn't be a problem. But to have two of Nintendo's major properties (and the two most recognizable by far) in a brand new park, then one in a prebuilt park? That could potentially be a problem for Nintendo.

Plus, I don't see Nintendo taking up more than 30 acres at maximum. The new park is rumored to be over 100 acres at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.