Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we have a winner!

You got a lot right. You're off on some of the interior bits, but it's close. You really took what I said about the ride coming to the edge of the land and ran with it and that helped.

Once you take your description and compare it to the layout of the plot it makes sense. The closer that they can push it to the boundaries, the more room in the middle for track and scenes.

Possible. It's either that or a switch track.

And another view. This is measuring roughly out to just under 4000 ft long.

jirsZN7.jpg

Nice work guys, great solution to the puzzle. Looks fun and a good length of track, pair this with the switches drops, reverses and we should have a decent ride time.

We know the theming will be on point, JK won't allow anything less.

Shaping up to be a winner me thinks.

Scott, it would be nice if you drew sections of the track in different colors so that “persons who know things” can say “a little to the left on the yellow” etc. (and follow fryoj as he seems really close!)

@UK-Trigg said “drops”. I’m fine with no drop track. Would feel too much like gringotts. This has way more coaster elements it appears.

What’s your guess on ride time? Clearly not knowing the show elements and length there, but just a guess. Could we be looking at 4 mins?

Ah, 13 has a drop and we’ve compared it to that, I don’t think it’s settled it’ll have a drop.

“Safety concerns” ... with Wicker man or you mean in general?
In general. There was the major accident on smiler that was directly caused by poor training and management systems. They basically ignored the fact that a car was on E-stop and let another car run into it. Staff were of the belief that the computer was wrong and so overrode the safety systems. Resulting in major, life changing injuries. The same management practices were in place in their other parks and they had to shutdown many rides until it could be remedied. They (merlin) have thus lost the trust of a lot of UK theme park goers and so even though they have a major new ride in wicker man the guests simply aren’t going there in the numbers you’d expect. A lot of people are simply afraid to risk going on a merlin ride.

@UK-Trigg said “drops”. I’m fine with no drop track. Would feel too much like gringotts. This has way more coaster elements it appears.

What’s your guess on ride time? Clearly not knowing the show elements and length there, but just a guess. Could we be looking at 4 mins?

Maverick is 4400 ft and 2:30 minutes. This won't run as fast and has more show scenes. 3:30 may be possible. I can't see it being much more than that though.

That makes a lot of sense, but (from the inside looking out) is just astounding to me. Especially since Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Alton Towers are in your neck of the woods. I consider those places bigger thrill parks than Orlando.

No UK coasters compare on length or size of their US counterparts. Mostly planning permission issues. You rarely even get a mid-course brake run because they're so short. There are a few exceptions on length and height, but anything like a 150ft+ B&M looper and you can forget it. Nemesis is brilliant but almost a completely different experience to something like Montu.

For instance oblivion is a smaller sheikra, air is a smaller manta.
Well, they were the original prototypes of those styles ;)

(I mean, other than the name, ride vehicle type, ride setting, plotline, interior scenes, and queue scenes and/or preshow elements.)

The only thing I know about this project is that it will be themed to the Forbidden Forest. I got this info at the same time as I heard a definite for Ministry of Magic. Both came from inside and yet I couldn’t follow up as it would not have been appropriate, wheels were in motion etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.