Disney Springs Discussion | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Fairly reliable rumor has it the trestles were to offer outdoor seating--I think early concept art bore that out--but too late in the process TDO realized they'd have to add elevators to make them ADA compliant. Now they look out-of-place at best.
There was concept art released with people on the top. I’ll have to find it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Has anyone seen a movie at the new Dolby Cinema inside the AMC? I'm thinking about seeing Avengers in that format when I come down in May. Is it better than IMAX or are they about the same?

Side note: the AMC theater at DS is so much better than anything in NC.

This information shouldn’t have been released. It literally helps no one but inspire the crazies. Just like how people never even concived the thought of eating tide pods until the challenge went viral.
This information was pretty much widely reported (on all major news networks) following the Pulse Shooting. He scoped out DS the day before the attack. The only new information here is maybe how he planned to get the weapon in.

Maybe it's just me, but i'm slightly amazed Disney hasn't implemented ANY security checks since the initial report last year. Nearly everyone pours in from either the two garages, bus entry or the walking bridges/Cirque area. Throw up some security at each entry point and boom, Disney has their ass covered.

This information was pretty much widely reported (on all major news networks) following the Pulse Shooting. He scoped out DS the day before the attack. The only new information here is maybe how he planned to get the weapon in.

Maybe it's just me, but i'm slightly amazed Disney hasn't implemented ANY security checks since the initial report last year. Nearly everyone pours in from either the two garages, bus entry or the walking bridges/Cirque area. Throw up some security at each entry point and boom, Disney has their ass covered.
Yes, it's absolutely ridiculous...Everyone should go through a metal detector before going into Disney Springs, much like Citywalk

Reactions: Ashhanbre

They're working on it. Heard it from a few people. It's slow because it's secret and they want to be thorough.

Since the days after the attack, it was known he was at Disney Springs recently. I'm pretty sure there are more people at DS (especially at night) than a single park.

Taking over the space formerly occupied by Harley-Davidson (across from the West Side Starbucks) will be a Disney-run clothing and accessories store called "DisneyStyle". The store will open in May.

kfjhjghljh498798701-624x351.jpg

Arrive in DisneyStyle This May at Disney Springs in Walt Disney World Resort | Disney Parks Blog

Has anyone seen a movie at the new Dolby Cinema inside the AMC? I'm thinking about seeing Avengers in that format when I come down in May. Is it better than IMAX or are they about the same?

Side note: the AMC theater at DS is so much better than anything in NC.
I just saw Ready Player One in the Dolby Cinema and thought it was pretty great. All of the seats are recliners now, and they vibrate with the movie, which I wasn't expecting. It was pretty obnoxious during the Coca-Cola ads and stuff at the beginning, but wasn't really distracting during the movie itself. Overall I think I still prefer the IMAX at Pointe Orlando, but that's just because I'm a sucker for the sheer size of it. I will probably be frequenting the Dolby Cinema, though, since it is only $10 for Stubs Premiere members on Tuesdays!

I just saw Ready Player One in the Dolby Cinema and thought it was pretty great. All of the seats are recliners now, and they vibrate with the movie, which I wasn't expecting. It was pretty obnoxious during the Coca-Cola ads and stuff at the beginning, but wasn't really distracting during the movie itself. Overall I think I still prefer the IMAX at Pointe Orlando, but that's just because I'm a sucker for the sheer size of it. I will probably be frequenting the Dolby Cinema, though, since it is only $10 for Stubs Premiere members on Tuesdays!
When you say vibrate, is it subtle or like the 4DX seats?

I’ve tried 4DX before and it was the most miserable movie watching experience I’ve ever had.

I believe the seats just have a bass speaker under each of them. So they don't vibrate for the heck of it but if there is something bass intensive it rumbles them.

Reactions: ChristopherSE