Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
“Anchored by Mission Breakout” doesn’t inspire confidence, but here’s to hoping this is more quality than Disney’s Marvel output up until now
I think they’re just saying that because the new attractions won’t come till after the retheme of HollywoodLand.

Also, am I reading it right? Mission Breakout is replacing Bug’s Land even its already built?

Isn't Bugs Land a fairly small area? I wouldn't think they could put anything very substantial there, unless they expand it to the other side of Hollywood where the Monsters attraction is.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Wasn't there a rumor they'd be using the storage facilities behind Guardians? Thought this was always an expansion alongside a retheme.

That's what I thought the current rumor is.

The current rumor as I thought, was Bugs Land and the ItTBaB ampitheater to be used presumably for the Spider-Man attraction, and then the Expansion Pad/Storage Facilities behind Guardians would be used for the extension of the Marvel land, with Avengers as the core E-Ticket attraction.

Isn't Bugs Land a fairly small area? I wouldn't think they could put anything very substantial there, unless they expand it to the other side of Hollywood where the Monsters attraction is.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure Bugs Land is small. I think it’s also in the middle of the park, so not really any attached backstage area?

Reactions: Mad Dog

Yes, Bugs Life is a pretty small area, especially for toddlers and little kids. I'm ok with Monsters Inc being taken out though, sooner or later, people are gonna forget about it within the next decade or so. It's a fun ride, but it really needs to go if it needs to make room.

Reactions: Joey
To give an educational guess on what I think we should be expecting here..

View attachment 6247

I think you are dead on. It matches up with the concept art almost exactly.

F3Ewfnx.jpg

It is possible that Spiderman could be one of multiple characters in an Avengers ride.
To give an educational guess on what I think we should be expecting here..

View attachment 6247

Fairly right and old rumors did point that Spidey would take over bugs land and theater for a 2020 debut.... Avengers E would come a couple years after...I'd wager we will have more Avengers 2.5 iteration with inclusion of those such as Captain Marvel

Reactions: tankart150
It’s interesting that Disney chose Spider-Man of all characters.

Sony makes the movies, so I would think they would have to be involved in contract negotiations. That means Disney has to avoid legal landmines with both Sony and Universal.

Reactions: tankart150
It’s interesting that Disney chose Spider-Man of all characters.

Sony makes the movies, so I would think they would have to be involved in contract negotiations. That means Disney has to avoid legal landmines with both Sony and Universal.

Sony owns the movie rights. They don't own the theme park rights. Also, they renegotiated their deal with Sony already. That's why Spidey is in the MCU now.

Eh, I think it’s PR speak considering how popular it is. We’ll see though.

I think it's also because the attractions will come in the second wave. So 2020 (when they are seemingly doing this big tri-park marketing push) will literally just be DLR anchored with Guardians and the new land (shops/M&G's). Hong Kong with Iron Man Experience and the new Ant Man attraction and Paris with the redone Iron Man's rocking roller coaster.

We know Paris and Hong Kong have Avengers attractions coming that the press release also glosses over, because they likewise won't be open for 2020. The same presumably for the Avengers E-ticket in DL.

Importantly Chapek 'announced' an Avengers and Spiderman attractions at D23. The fact the press release states Avengers and Spiderman are joining the Guardians is reassuring that's still the eventual case.

It's kind of nice that we have four different parks with the same concept but wholly unique attractions. Worst case scenario Avengers in shared but there will be two different Guardians, two Different Iron Man, an Ant man and Spiderman attractions.

Reactions: HereWeGo
I think it's also because the attractions will come in the second wave. So 2020 (when they are seemingly doing this big tri-park marketing push) will literally just be DLR anchored with Guardians and the new land (shops/M&G's). Hong Kong with Iron Man Experience and the new Ant Man attraction and Paris with the redone Iron Man's rocking roller coaster.

We know Paris and Hong Kong have Avengers attractions coming that the press release also glosses over, because they likewise won't be open for 2020. The same presumably for the Avengers E-ticket in DL.

Importantly Chapek 'announced' an Avengers and Spiderman attractions at D23. The fact the press release states Avengers and Spiderman are joining the Guardians is reassuring that's still the eventual case.

It's kind of nice that we have four different parks with the same concept but wholly unique attractions. Worst case scenario Avengers in shared but there will be two different Guardians, two Different Iron Man, an Ant man and Spiderman attractions.

Sofar to give a list

HKDL
Iron Man Experience (Simulator)
Ant Man and The Wasp dark ride (replacing Buzz)
Avengers attraction (presumably)

Paris
Iron Man RnRC replacement
Avengers Stunt Show
Something else (Lights, Motors, Action should be numbered for an additional attraction for Marvel and for use in regards to Star Wars)

DCA
Mission Breakout
Spider-Man Attraction
Avengers Attraction

If anything, I am thinking DCA and HKDL share the same Avengers Attraction while Paris gets something like Black Panther or Doctor Strange as an exclusive for them, considering that ToT is safe from Marvel presumably for Paris.

As for Orlando and what they could do after Guardians is one of two other paths.

The first, is Doctor Strange as it seems that he is safe. The other, is Big Hero 6, and while not as likely as DS, it could still bring some audience.

There is a third for Orlando, to where they go into talks with Universal on a deal for Black Panther and Thor park rights in exchange for Fox IPs like Simpsons plus Apes, and Foxs entire Animation catalogue, but I find that more doubtful than anything else