Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I know about this project is that it will be themed to the Forbidden Forest. I got this info at the same time as I heard a definite for Ministry of Magic. Both came from inside and yet I couldn’t follow up as it would not have been appropriate, wheels were in motion etc.
:thumbsup:...Alicia & Teebin....Tag Team Champs

What’s throwing me is how “early” the backwards section is. I’m fairly certain it’ll swoop into that U-turn out of the station, under a bridge, past a scene and into the first launch. What’s interesting is it’s proximity to both the castle and the large show building. That feels like it would be a narrow, likely rocky, corridor. That feels most visually similar to the dragon trial. It could, however, be the Forbidden Forest. That makes more sense given the first building, and (as much as I don’t like it) establishes an easy Anglican/Forest-Tour story. Edit - our side by side drive with the Anglia fits in two spots. This is one, as the both the castle and the show building can hide the mechanics of the effect.

That the first stop, the backwards exit, is in a small building, is bizarre. I assumed the biggest scene would cause the backwards section. Narratively, the best explanation for a small backup is Aragog. My hunch? The first building is Aragog’s den. He “grabs” our vehicle and rotates us, before we escape backwards. This is the most logical scene for position and size. I can’t wrap my head around any other possible situation that makes sense. Edit - I guess the story could have us dragged by something, like a centaur, but that's an odd story beat for a coaster and works best with a vehicle that can move freely forward and backwards. As our vehicle is being propelled, it's unlikely.

Backwards section. Enjoy it.

The big building, at this point, I’m positive holds Grawp. Since Alicia alludes to a switch track, my hunch is we come in at ground level (between his legs), watch a short scene - where he maybe picks us up and drops us? - and then we launch out between his legs again. This seems somewhat supported since that’s where our pit is, which could that space for mechanics. Edit - Putting a large animatronic in a climate controlled building is also a near necessity. A lot of circumstantial points for this building and scene.

Here’s our twisty turny Forest tour. Scenes along the way before our third building. Alicia described a driving drop and, per the layout, this is the best spot for it. Its location at the “end” of the forest makes a dive into the Black Lake logical. We could flash past the squid or a mermaid, but whatever it is would make sense here. We’d pop out through a bunny hope, over our initial swoop and around to the break run. Edit - there aren't many scenes that work with that movement, in a building, that close to the end of the ride. It has to be a quickly recognizable situation and the Black Lake has that over anything else. This is another potential side-by-side Anglia drive, but this should be too fast for it to register.

So, I’d speculate this IS a tour of the Hogwarts’ grounds. Within this story, the only ride vehicle that makes sense (thanks backwards section) is the Anglia, only more similar in size to the Mummy ride vehicle.

I REALLY was excited for a potential “Tri-Wizard Trials” ride name. I hope it could still happen. I don’t think so though. My guess is “Race Through the Forest.”

Edit - What's funny to me is that, with a likely Forbidden Forest ride, they'd have to avoid calling it "Forbidden" because of its proximity to Forbidden Journey. I'm leaning toward a "Race..." title because we already have a "Journey" and an "Escape [from Gringotts]."

Last edited:
...Narratively, the best explanation for a small backup is Aragog. My hunch? The first building is Aragog’s den. He “grabs” our vehicle and rotates us, before we escape backwards....

The big building, at this point, I’m positive holds Grawp. Since Alicia alludes to a switch track, my hunch is we come in at ground level (between his legs), watch a short scene - where he maybe picks us up and drops us? - and then we launch out between his legs again...

Its location at the “end” of the forest makes a dive into the Black Lake logical. We could flash past the squid or a mermaid, but it would make sense here...

So, I’d speculate this IS a tour of the Hogwarts’ grounds. Within this story, the only ride vehicle that makes sense (thanks backwards section) is the Anglia...

My guess is “Race Through the Forest.”

Yes! A chase through and alongside the forest, preferably in modified thestral carts rather than in Ford Anglias if I had my way, with the Anglia making an appearance alongside us in the forest later.

Aragog makes sense, but I feel like the spider thing was already covered in Forbidden Journey and am therefore hoping we'll be pursued by some different creatures. Still hoping for a werewolf or perhaps dementors personally.

I definitely like the idea of veering out of the path of a squid tentacle, though, and Grawp would be fun but I'm also hoping we'll see some Shrieking Shack action or a hippogriff at some point.

I don't imagine we'll get confirmation or denial on any of this from Alicia, but it's fun to contemplate!

Alright, some further thinking. There's one other "story" I can think of that could work with this layout that would (I think) surprise everyone one: Fleeing the Snatchers in the Forest of Dean. (And I've gotten some information that is making me gravitate toward forests in both of these).

I'm not 100% how the queue would work with this storyline. My guess is that it's us sneaking out of Hogwarts to join Harry, Hermione, and Ron on the run (likely sent out to look for them by Aberforth because of his proximity to Hogsmeade AND Hogwarts). The first part of the journey could still be through the "Forbidden Forest," launching with the Anglia. The initial narrow corridor is the same, but the story really takes off at the first show-building. In this story, we'd confronting Nagini amid the remains of Godric's Hollow. We escape by apparating (the backwards section, which will disorient us in a similar fashion to apparation itself) and stop in the big show building.

Here, there's a couple of options for the scene. The two most interesting ones are Ron destroying the locket (and the massive smoke cloud it releases) within the Forest of Dean, OR we arrive at the Lovegood residence. We get his brief story of the Deathly Hallows (told with animatronics instead of projections) before shooting back out right as the Deatheaters attack. (My inclinations is more towards the Lovegoods. That scene takes place in daylight, which is when our ride will take place).

The bulk of the coaster, here, is us literally trying to escape the Snatchers until we are "caught" right at the swooping drop. That leads to the third, circular show-building which would be the MALFOY MANOR. The show scene would be the stand-off between our heroes and Bellatrix, before escaping once more and arriving BACK at "Hogwarts" with our heroes.

Now, there could be a variation of this story where the second show-building is Malfoy Manor and the third show-building is our tunnel back to Hogwarts/the Battle of Hogwarts, but I don't like that as much.

So... now we have three possible storylines.

Twi-Wizard Trials
Race through the Forest
Snatcher Chase

EDITING for Show Building Synopsis
Tri-Wizard Trials
SB 1 - Black Lake
SB 2 - Start of the Hedgemaze
SB 3 - Graveyard

Race through the Forest
SB 1 - Aragog's Den
SB 2 - Grawp
SB 3 - Black Lake

Snatcher Chase
SB 1 - Godric's Hollow with Nagini
SB 2 - Forest of Dean/Lovegoods'/Malfoy Manor
SB 3 - Malfoy Manor/Battle of Hogwarts

Last edited:
Alright, some further thinking. There's one other "story" I can think of that could work with this layout that would (I think) surprise everyone one: Fleeing the Snatchers in the Forest of Dean. (And I've gotten some information that is making me gravitate toward forests in both of these).

I'm not 100% how the queue would work with this storyline. My guess is that it's us sneaking out of Hogwarts to join Harry, Hermione, and Ron on the run (likely sent out to look for them by Aberforth because of his proximity to Hogsmeade AND Hogwarts). The first part of the journey could still be through the "Forbidden Forest," launching with the Anglia. The initial narrow corridor is the same, but the story really takes off at the first show-building. In this story, we'd confronting Nagini amid the remains of Godric's Hollow. We escape by apparating (the backwards section, which will disorient us in a similar fashion to apparation itself) and stop in the big show building.

Here, there's a couple of options for the scene. The two most interesting ones are Ron destroying the locket (and the massive smoke cloud it releases) within the Forest of Dean, OR we arrive at the Lovegood residence. We get his brief story of the Deathly Hallows (told with animatronics instead of projections) before shooting back out right as the Deatheaters attack. (My inclinations is more towards the Lovegoods. That scene takes place in daylight, which is when our ride will take place).

The bulk of the coaster, here, is us literally trying to escape the Snatchers until we are "caught" right at the swooping drop. That leads to the third, circular show-building which would be the MALFOY MANOR. The show scene would be the stand-off between our heroes and Bellatrix, before escaping once more and arriving BACK at "Hogwarts" with our heroes.

Now, there could be a variation of this story where the second show-building is Malfoy Manor and the third show-building is our tunnel back to Hogwarts/the Battle of Hogwarts, but I don't like that as much.

So... now we have three possible storylines.

Twi-Wizard Trials
Race through the Forest
Snatcher Chase
No idea if this is right or not, but it sounds really fun!

The only thing missing in all of these amazing track layout drawings is one with the three buildings outlined. We know where they will be thanks to Alicia's description but it would really help bring it all together.

The only thing missing in all of these amazing track layout drawings is one with the three buildings outlined. We know where they will be thanks to Alicia's description but it would really help bring it all together.
Assuming this layout was accurate, which it is not exactly...

You can tell where two of the buildings go by the site plan itself on which it was overlaid, (plus the aerial photos showing the dug out section for the big structure.) The third is over by the train queue like I had mentioned.

Something to this effect. Sorta.

SV4R70L-buildings.jpg

I'm glad to see that's exactly what I was seeing. The first building is longer than I suspected, but doesn't change my speculated storylines too much.

Further, no one seems to have picked up on something else shown in those site plans, the two support buildings I mentioned that would likely be for outdoor effects controls or outside figures, marked below in pink. They've been there the whole time, staring everyone in the face!

SV4R70L-buildings2.jpg

I'm glad to see that's exactly what I was seeing. The first building is longer than I suspected, but doesn't change my speculated storylines too much.
A part of it may not be show scene, just support stuff like control room or power supply or something.

Further, no one seems to have picked up on something else shown in those site plans, the two support buildings I mentioned that would likely be for outdoor effects controls or outside figures, marked below in pink. They've been there the whole time, staring everyone in the face!

View attachment 6250

A part of it may not be show scene, just support stuff like control room or power supply or something.
Alicia: Concerning slight inaccuracies on the map above....So, before you were saying the figure eight area drawn is off a bit, correct? Also, I would guess the track goes further into the main show building also.

Last edited:

View attachment 6250

Heres an updated version. I went ahead and added the buildings and the show scene control boxes. I'm sure the layout still isn't right. I keep having trouble figuring out how to have 5 crossovers without doing the Figure 8. This has 4 and any other way I come up with adds 2 more to make 6 total. Any hints you can give? lol

ksPIXrO.jpg

Is this thing going to have four launches? I just can't see the coaster getting through the final half of the track without at least two launches, plus you have the first launch and the backwards one.

Heres an updated version. I went ahead and added the buildings and the show scene control boxes. I'm sure the layout still isn't right. I keep having trouble figuring out how to have 5 crossovers without doing the Figure 8. This has 4 and any other way I come up with adds 2 more to make 6 total. Any hints you can give? lol

ksPIXrO.jpg

Could there possibly be a second helix in the backwards section? A lot of it is currently straight track.

Status
Not open for further replies.