Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres an updated version. I went ahead and added the buildings and the show scene control boxes. I'm sure the layout still isn't right. I keep having trouble figuring out how to have 5 crossovers without doing the Figure 8. This has 4 and any other way I come up with adds 2 more to make 6 total. Any hints you can give? lol

ksPIXrO.jpg
Maybe the building by the train station that Alicia had as question marks in the track description is actually a helix?

Further, no one seems to have picked up on something else shown in those site plans, the two support buildings I mentioned that would likely be for outdoor effects controls or outside figures, marked below in pink. They've been there the whole time, staring everyone in the face!

View attachment 6250

A part of it may not be show scene, just support stuff like control room or power supply or something.

What about EER 1 and EER 4 on the left side?

And sorry for the incompetence here- but where are we starting the ride at on this map?

What about EER 1 and EER 4 on the left side?

And sorry for the incompetence here- but where are we starting the ride at on this map?
We start by exiting the south part of the castle (where Ice ended).

My hunch is EER 1 or 4 would be for the Anglia drive by. EER 1 feels more likely because of its length.

Do we know what the hexagons are on that map? Trees?

And if we're riding in an Anglia- how could the Anglia be next to us on EER 1? My head hurts.

Gotta be cart pulled by thestrals, right?

Reactions: Magistra
EER 1 is not Ford Anglia. It'll be on the other side of the track. It may be its support building with controls/power shed/etc. The support buildings may not be exactly where the effects they control are, just nearby.

EDIT: Yes the hexagons are the new water shape.

Reactions: Andysol
I don't think the ride vehicle is going to be anything famous from the books/movies, but that's just a guess.

I'm inclined to agree here.

It's very confusing. I would lean towards the Anglia, due to the backwards scene- it works perfect. But then again, it can't be the Anglia because of it driving by us- unless it's some mirrored image, etc.

So then I think Thestral- but going backwards with Thestral doesn't make much sense either. Unless were in a cart, our reigns get broken (i.e.- something goes wrong)- and then the thestrals come in to save us at the last moment.

So then I think Thestral- but going backwards with Thestral doesn't make much sense either. Unless were in a cart, our reigns get broken (i.e.- something goes wrong)- and then the thestrals come in to save us at the last moment.
Don't forget, we don't actually have confirmation on a backwards element... The ride could theoretically have turntables hidden in the buildings, so we're always shooting out going forward. Backwards would be my bet, but you never know, ya' know!

Reactions: Andysol
EER 1 is not Ford Anglia. It'll be on the other side of the track. It may be its support building with controls/power shed/etc. The support buildings may not be exactly where the effects they control are, just nearby.

EDIT: Yes the hexagons are the new water shape.
I didn't actually realize that whole area was water.

I guess it "could" still be Snatcher Chase into the Battle of Hogwarts (large show building as Malfoy Manor at the Shell Cottage on the beach. With it being a lake, Tri-Wizard Trials makes a lot more sense (and back to speculated story way back when).

Initial Launch - Dragon Trial (EER 4 control crowds affect)
SB 1 - Dragon (Turntable to forward launch)
SB 2 - Dive into Black Lake (Turntable around with Mermaid/Grindylows). Launch
Bulk of Coaster - Hedgemaze
SB 3 - The actual Cup (maybe we see Harry/Cedric disappear when they grab it, but we don't go with them).

I'm calling Tri-Wizard Trials.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

I guess it "could" still be Snatcher Chase into the Battle of Hogwarts (large show building as Malfoy Manor at the Shell Cottage on the beach. With it being a lake, Tri-Wizard Trials makes a lot more sense (and back to speculated story way back when).

SB 3 - The actual Cup (maybe we see Harry/Cedric disappear when they grab it, but we don't go with them).

Have you listened to my description on the podcast? That's some of the concepts mentioned.

I'm telling you, with that exterior queue and entrance remaining much the same, it most certainly could be Tri-Wizard Cup again.

Of course, the ride will also feature hundreds of trees, so Forest makes sense too. :shrug:

Reactions: JoeCamel

I agree completely- SB2 going into the black lake is almost guaranteed- right? It's being constructed below ground level, and it's going to butt up to the lake. Definitely going "under water" here- which makes me think there is no backwards section. The footings in SB1 are built similar to how a turntable would be as well.

SB3 will likely be a 360 degree screen reminiscent of the trolls scene in Gringotts. Track layout is nearly identical. I guess it could be physical, but screens there wouldn't surprise me. I'm really hoping they bring out the guns here and do something similar to PotC Shanghai (or even Navi'i River) when it comes to the showrooms. I love screen backgrounds- but want some stellar AAs and all physical foreground.

Reactions: Magistra
Heres an updated version. I went ahead and added the buildings and the show scene control boxes. I'm sure the layout still isn't right. I keep having trouble figuring out how to have 5 crossovers without doing the Figure 8. This has 4 and any other way I come up with adds 2 more to make 6 total. Any hints you can give? lol

ksPIXrO.jpg
Thanks for all your work with this, really helps me see what is being discussed.

Have you listened to my description on the podcast? That's some of the concepts mentioned.

I'm telling you, with that exterior queue and entrance remaining much the same, it most certainly could be Tri-Wizard Cup again.

Of course, the ride will also feature hundreds of trees, so Forest makes sense too. :shrug:
What's a podcast? (I rarely listen to them, and when I do it's mostly soccer-focused).

The more we learn, the narrower our focus gets.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.