Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
All rights for those films are with Universal.

Uhhh no, I don't recall Dreamworks Animation buying off the distribution rights from Fox. Only those from Dreamworks Pictures and Paramount are bought off, as they have the money and time to do so. That Fox's last movie was Captain Underpants, the same year Disney announced it would purchase 21st Century Fox doesn't seem DWA has the time to buy off Fox's distribution rights to their movies before Disney can do so. I wonder where did you get this information the distribution rights from DWA by Fox belongs to Universal?

Uhhh no, I don't recall Dreamworks Animation buying off the distribution rights from Fox. Only those from Dreamworks Pictures and Paramount are bought off, as they have the money and time to do so. That Fox's last movie was Captain Underpants, the same year Disney announced it would purchase 21st Century Fox doesn't seem DWA has the time to buy off Fox's distribution rights to their movies before Disney can do so. I wonder where did you get this information the distribution rights from DWA by Fox belongs to Universal?

The Fox distribution rights was signed in 2012. The five-year deal ended in 2017. Not saying they didn't re-up the deal, but the initial deal expired in 2017.

Reactions: chris.g and Mad Dog
The Fox distribution rights was signed in 2012. The five-year deal ended in 2017. Not saying they didn't re-up the deal, but the initial deal expired in 2017.

I believe while the deal expires, Fox still keeps the DWA distribution rights 2013-2017. I don't see anything about the Fox's DWA distribution rights being bought off by DWA yet. Heck, Disney had to buy off the distribution rights from Paramount for Iron Man I and II, the first Captain America movie, and the Avengers years after Disney bought off Marvel Entertainment. The only distribution rights they don't have is the Hulk, which still resides at Universal. So I believe Disney still gains access to Fox's DWA rights.

To bring this back to Marvel Land for DCA, I am having to think they are extending the showbuilding for ItTBaB, hence why that has closed now so they can presumably get a 2 year time-span with the best guess being Spider-Man.

To bring this back to Marvel Land for DCA, I am having to think they are extending the showbuilding for ItTBaB, hence why that has closed now so they can presumably get a 2 year time-span with the best guess being Spider-Man.
It sounds like they’re going to keep the building, but save money on permit costs to extend it so that they can file the building under “renovation”.

I’m thinking Spidey could be an elaborate D-ticket akin to SLoP.

It sounds like they’re going to keep the building, but save money on permit costs to extend it so that they can file the building under “renovation”.

I’m thinking Spidey could be an elaborate D-ticket akin to SLoP.

So like Fallon then?

(What I mean by that, is that the attraction had portions of it's showbuilding extended to accommodate Fallon, and a new implementation of a ride system).

I believe while the deal expires, Fox still keeps the DWA distribution rights 2013-2017. I don't see anything about the Fox's DWA distribution rights being bought off by DWA yet. Heck, Disney had to buy off the distribution rights from Paramount for Iron Man I and II, the first Captain America movie, and the Avengers years after Disney bought off Marvel Entertainment. The only distribution rights they don't have is the Hulk, which still resides at Universal. So I believe Disney still gains access to Fox's DWA rights.

Not to get off topic but you can easily just go on Amazon and look at all the Fox dreamworks releases on DVD and see that the studios has been changed to UPHE (Universal Pictures Home Entertainment) when it use to be 20th Century Fox. Fox didn't buy Dreamworks or assist in any production hints why they didn't have any claim unlike Disney and Dreamworks Pictures where they funded certain movies such as the help.

So no Disney does not get Dreamworks Rights.

Reactions: Jonathan
There's no way BP is not in ALL non FL parks, two avenger rides and one stunt...unfortunately too late for Wakanda realized in a non MG form

Anyone think Spider-man will be more on the scope of Ratitoulle or SLoP? Rat seems like it would fall into the category of a really good D-Ticket.

Honestly, if it's at ItTBaB as I am thinking, I am not going to be shocked if it's more like JL in just how compact it is for a dark ride like that.