Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

.conversely NRJ is not near as bad as what is said about it

NRJ is fine for what it is- a C/D ride in a park full of almost exclusively Es. I'm 100% ok with it. It's biggest "flaw" is being right next to the most popular ride in WDW. That will be rectified in 18 months.

That song gets in your head like IASW, and it's the most lifelike animatronic I've ever seen by a good margin. Kong is better for me in terms of scale- but "lifelike" - there is no equal to NRJ.

"Ah tee wah" - I swear I hear this almost daily around my house.

NRJ is fine for what it is- a C/D ride in a park full of almost exclusively Es. I'm 100% ok with it. It's biggest "flaw" is being right next to the most popular ride in WDW. That will be rectified in 18 months.

That song gets in your head like IASW, and it's the most lifelike animatronic I've ever seen by a good margin. Kong is better for me in terms of scale- but "lifelike" - there is no equal to NRJ.

"Ah tee wah" - I swear I hear this almost daily around my house.
Now if you only really knew what that meant. :):lol:

FOP "observed" stand by times (Touring Plans) are still very reasonable today, on the low end of their normal times. This is probably the last good day for a local AP er to hop over to the parks to ride without a crazy long line, since Easter/Spring break crowd levels will probably return tomorrow.

FOP "observed" stand by times (Touring Plans) are still very reasonable today, on the low end of their normal times. This is probably the last good day for a local AP er to hop over to the parks to ride without a crazy long line, since Easter/Spring break crowd levels will probably return tomorrow.
It is packed here. It’s possible that all theaters are working at Avatar. Cause the crowds are insane today.

Checking out "Observed" wait times on Touring Plans, & yesterday had the shortest lines for FOP that I've seen since it opened. All of the WDW & Universal parks have been pretty slow all week. Yesterday would have been a great day to try FOP. Maybe today will be like that also. So, if you're a local AP er this might be a good day to run over to the park for FOP, but check TP lines before you leave.
I saw it as low as 90 mins at 4pm Tuesday. Definitely the lowest I’ve witnessed it at that point in the day since it’s been open.

I saw it as low as 90 mins at 4pm Tuesday. Definitely the lowest I’ve witnessed it at that point in the day since it’s been open.
Yeah its basically hovered between 90 and 120 minutes "observed" all week, which are actually great numbers for FOP. And when I've looked at the graphs it's been mostly a flat line, whereas it's usually a lot of peaks, especially early in the day. This has definitely been the week to ride FOP. But I would guess that will all change starting tomorrow and/or Saturday.

It is packed here. It’s possible that all theaters are working at Avatar. Cause the crowds are insane today.
Yeah, I see all the other AK rides are long, but FOP seems OK....Universal has long lines now too, so the holiday season probably kicked in today.....Update at 1:45 PM: Even with a seemingly crowded park, and long posted waits at most AK rides, FOP is just showing a 109 minute observed wait time for FOP. Not bad at all.

Last edited:
New Chicken and Steak Combo Bowl with new “Hearty Salad” base option from Satu’li Canteen. Hearty Salad is same as the old veggie base but the salad, cauliflower, and quinoa have now been separated on the plate rather than mixed. Thankfully that’s a change I can deal with. And I like that they offer a combo now, but it shouldn’t cost so much more since it’s like half and half meat, not double amount.

50C29F03-3022-44EC-A66F-5147DBD0E313.jpeg

F06F4410-74EE-43BF-ABD0-2CD4AFC957E2.jpeg

Between this, Flame Tree, and Yak & Yeti's counter service, hands down.
Flame Tree is my favorite WDW quick service. And the seating area is a big plus with that great ambiance & view. :thumbsup:...also that new Food Court in Africa is pretty good too. It just doesn't have the seating ambiance like Flame Tree.

Flame Tree is my favorite WDW quick service. And the seating area is a big plus with that great ambiance & view. :thumbsup:...also that new Food Court in Africa is pretty good too. It just doesn't have the seating ambiance like Flame Tree.

I've never tried it. Only walked by it but most of it looked closed already in the early evening time.

I've never tried it. Only walked by it but most of it looked closed already in the early evening time.
Had no idea that was new it looks old as hell lol. I ate there and the ribs were good but they can definitely scrap that black eye pea salad and whatever coleslaw that was:ack: but very impressive if that is new!!