Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It'll be a lot easier if one of the houses doesn't focus on the kids. Then you only have to cast "kids" for one house.

Alternately, I could see them limiting the focus on children characters in both houses; allowing them to spread out demand.

Realistically, you really only need to have the "kids" in a handful of scenes in either house.

If you think about The Shining from last year, actual main characters from the movie (besides Jack) were used pretty sparingly. One scene with the twins, Danny dummies, one scene with Wendy.

Jack was obviously featured pretty heavily, but that's because he's "the monster" in that movie. Replace him with Pennywise or Demogoron, and treat "us" as a character experiencing the events, and there you go.

It'll be a lot easier if one of the houses doesn't focus on the kids. Then you only have to cast "kids" for one house.
while I enjoy the kids of IT INFINITELY more, it would be better to have the kids in StTh, the monster doesn't have enough personality or presence to make the show without them. While the kids in IT are great, the movie is still good and iconic without them

The Demogorgon, Demodogs, The MIND FLAYER, and the upside-down aren't enough by themselves to carry a house? You got the lab building interior, you got the town, you got the woods, the school... the maze writes and darn near designs itself. Visit a few scenes , homes from the show starting with the school etc... slowly transitioning towards the homes in the woods. Then into the woods, into the research facility then into the upside down, where you revisit some of the previous sets, but in "upside-down" mode. Mind-Flayer finale please.

So they just released the dates for all the Christmas stuff and yet still haven't "officially" announced the dates for HHN even though they've obviously settled on dates since they released the info to the third party travel agents. I'm beginning to think someone at Universal is intentionally trolling the HHN fan community.:lol:

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Lately there hasn’t been much word on Nightmare on Elm Street, are we still sure it’s happening?
I never was.

Which is why everyone needs to be more patient in what they think is coming. We're still six months out. Relax.

And in regards to the Holidays stuff, I'm glad to see the biggest holiday season in the country finally taking priority over Halloween.

EDIT - Before anyone asks, I don’t know what “Poison” is.

Last edited:
And in regards to the Holidays stuff, I'm glad to see the biggest holiday season in the country finally taking priority over Halloween.

While I agree with a lot of what you say, I have to knight up for my favorite holiday here. Halloween will always be more important than Christmas in Orlando--at least the southwest touristy part of it. Christmas here is literally the start of "Hell Week." The kids who live here spend the holiday away from their families knowing that the next 10 or so days will be spent pulling doubles or worse in a sea of complaining/crying/shrieking humanity, and having to leave over an hour early just to fight the traffic to get there

Halloween, in contrast, was always a slower time of year. That's why all these Fall special events were created, to drum up business. All the Halloween events gave locals a place to hang out and catch up during the downtime. It's why I'm so upset with the changes at Finns, HHN was and is an annual social reunion as much as anything. And to be honest, a large percentage of Orlando residents have a flair for the dramatic (have you ever seen a Stage production or Fringe?) that dovetails nicely with dressing up in outlandish costumes and putting on haunted houses. Let New Orleans have Mardi Gras and Boston have St Pats, but Orlando will always be Halloween Town.

While I agree with a lot of what you say, I have to knight up for my favorite holiday here. Halloween will always be more important than Christmas in Orlando--at least the southwest touristy part of it. Christmas here is literally the start of "Hell Week." The kids who live here spend the holiday away from their families knowing that the next 10 or so days will be spent pulling doubles or worse in a sea of complaining/crying/shrieking humanity, and having to leave over an hour early just to fight the traffic to get there

Halloween, in contrast, was always a slower time of year. That's why all these Fall special events were created, to drum up business. All the Halloween events gave locals a place to hang out and catch up during the downtime. It's why I'm so upset with the changes at Finns, HHN was and is an annual social reunion as much as anything. And to be honest, a large percentage of Orlando residents have a flair for the dramatic (have you ever seen a Stage production or Fringe?) that dovetails nicely with dressing up in outlandish costumes and putting on haunted houses. Let New Orleans have Mardi Gras and Boston have St Pats, but Orlando will always be Halloween Town.
You can argue. Facts dictate that December is a more important month than October, though.

I also wasn’t referring to the parks specifically. Christmas is still a more economically profitable season than Halloween.

https://fvrma.wildapricot.org/resources/Documents/tourismbynumbers.pdf

Thinking about it now “Poison” seems like an identical match to Trick ‘r Treat, the throw up scene(splatter) and how the candy was poisoned. Knowing how on the nose and clever last years codenames were this one seems in line with that. My bet is that it’s either Thing or TrT
I was going to post the same thoughts about it being TrT.

Since it looks like everyone is assuming that the code name is referring to an IP, I'll just throw it out that it may be an original.

After all, the tweets Mike sent out last year (although there weren't many) were all to promote the original houses.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Since it looks like everyone is assuming that the code name is referring to an IP, I'll just throw it out that it may be an original.

After all, the tweets Mike sent out last year (although there weren't many) were all to promote the original houses.
good point, because it fits TrT a little too perfectly, could be a red herring. The Thing connection is kinda stretching it. The fact that all of last years tweets were for originals leads me to believe this is an original.

I’m trying to remember the exact “first codename” trend. Tomb’s “Cobweb” was the main one for 26. “Blizzard” for BC was the first for 25.

27 I believe was Checkmate, which may have just been because that was AHS which had probably been locked in during the first deal they made for that.