Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m trying to remember the exact “first codename” trend. 27 I believe was Checkmate, which may have just been because that was AHS which had probably been locked in during the first deal they made for that.
hm. That may be the explanation for Checkmate but idk, seems weird. Doesn't really fit with anything else, does it? weird.

hm. That may be the explanation for Checkmate but idk, seems weird. Doesn't really fit with anything else, does it? weird.

Checkmate was AHS because 3 moves(Asylum, Coven, Roanoke) to take out a king, and AHS was seen a king IP for HHN. Wasn’t Brains the first codenames though? It was either that or Checkmate. So yeah, if “Poison” is an original there’s a lot of ways that can go, really curious to see what Splatter ends up being

Am I the only one not that interested in a Trick ‘r Treat? The scare zone was great, but I feel like it was a scare zone for a reason. It maybe worked better that way.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
haha what??? was this confirmed to be the meaning?

How so? Not disagreeing, I just don't remember anything from last season.

Yeah I’m pretty sure that was the meaning; I know there’s a forum on IU with the meanings for codenames. Cult had a lot of references to “drinking the Kool-Aid” and poisoning the cult. It could also be the first codename since it would probably be already locked for 28. At this point literally anything could be Poison

Poison could also reference a Bell Biv Devoe house.

That's actually not too far from my current pattern of thinking...if it's an original of course.

If you remember in HHN26, Chance's house was code named "ABBA". Why? Because they have a song called "Take a Chance on Me" (a cover of which was used during the event).

So...does the band Poison have any interesting hits that could lead to a house theme?

Again, I don't have any actual answers, just driving conversation.

How so? Not disagreeing, I just don't remember anything from last season.
Potential "Poison" connections to AHS.

"Drinking the [poisoned] Kool-Aid" is the obvious
The Cult "poisons" the community/relationships
Using Cult could "poison" the perception of HHN this year
The continued use of AHS in year 3 could be a "Poison" for A&D (like Uncle was for TWD)

And "Splatter" could reference any gross killing.

Potential "Poison" connections to AHS.

"Drinking the [poisoned] Kool-Aid" is the obvious
The Cult "poisons" the community/relationships
Using Cult could "poison" the perception of HHN this year
The continued use of AHS in year 3 could be a "Poison" for A&D (like Uncle was for TWD)

And "Splatter" could reference any gross killing.

Additionally, Poison could mean the scene where the vans poisoned the air in the neighborhoods, and Scene 7 could be a nod to Season 7 of AHS.

Edit: I feel like next year AHS is gonna get the send off treatment TWD got with a mashup of all 8 seasons and a focus on Radioactive(S8’s rumored name)

Double Edit: Just remembered the church scenes with the SAW traps from AHS Cult, the House sounds better and better the more I think about it

Slightly OT, but I love that the codename for the Halloween house at 24 was "Captain."

The codename for Body Collectors: Recollections should've been "mosquito" for a good mystery (mosquito = Jurrassic Park = Discovery Center = locations for the original Scareapy and BC).

Reactions: DannyPowers
Am I the only one not that interested in a Trick ‘r Treat? The scare zone was great, but I feel like it was a scare zone for a reason. It maybe worked better that way.

I get where you're coming from, BUT I think it has great possibilities as a house.
The scene where the girls turn in to werewolves and kill Wilkins would be great. Could feature a scene walking through the school bus (not an actual one, obv). Will definitely feature Emma's (robot lady) death, and Sam's attack on Kreeg's house. As you exit, the school bus kids could all attack you.

Of the rumored IPs, I get the feeling that It, TrT and Thing (given the advancements in puppets they've made since the last Thing house) would be the best received houses.

Last edited:
I think Trick 'r Treat will make for a better house than a scarezone. However, I wish they weren't bringing the IP back so soon. I'm not a fan of them reusing properties at all, but especially in back-to-back years.
I would say I agree but the SZ barely touched on the subject. It featured characters and references to the movie but the set was just a neighborhood, while the movie had some pretty varying locations.

Also in regards to a scene called splatter I'll throw in my guess maybe It and Bev's bathroom. Though my theory falls apart when I try to connect "Poison" to it. Maybe a reference to how IT 'poisons' Derry with evil that permeates throughout the community? :shrug:

Reactions: Robert Bliss