Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 479 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I the only one who finds it unusual to open the “secondary land” of a huge IP first? I’m imaging if Universal had built Fantastic Beasts before building HP. (FB wasn’t around then, but you get the point.) It just seems like a strange move to me. Obviously, the execs know better than I do though.

Am I the only one who finds it unusual to open the “secondary land” of a huge IP first? I’m imaging if Universal had built Fantastic Beasts before building HP. (FB wasn’t around then, but you get the point.) It just seems like a strange move to me. Obviously, the execs know better than I do though.
Nintendo is not a single IP. It’s a company that owns many different IP.

Reactions: Blue
In the meantime of guessing what's happening to Nintendo for Orlando, Osaka is now in full-steam.

Super Nintendo World - Osaka | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

EDIT: And Robert Niles has brought up on the subject of some patents that may relate to MK..

Universal is blowing it up with its latest patent application
Pokemon.

An inflatable is exactly how I would have a pokemon appear from a pokeball.

(I've been thinking about that for MONTHS, actually. I'm glad Universal are considering it feasible too.)

Just reading an article on smithsonian. We have had VR (virtual reality) and more recently AR (augmented reality) and yet the later is now being replaced by the more friendly MR (mixed reality) in Silicon Valley.

So, everyone be on the lookout for MR in the future. ;)

That’s all!

Oh, and here is the article: What Will Be the Next Big Thing to Come Out of Silicon Valley? | Innovation | Smithsonian

HASSAN: We’re going to tap right into the optic nerve, and insert things that you don’t see, but your brain doesn’t know that you don’t see them. We’re just going to insert it right into your optic nerve. We really don’t understand how memory works and stuff like that, but we understand somewhat how the optic nerve works, because it’s just a cable going back to your brain, and, you know, we know in theory how to insert things into it, so it’s just a bunch of engineering work to make that happen.”

Last edited:
Just reading an article on smithsonian. We have had VR (virtual reality) and more recently AR (augmented reality) and yet the later is now being replaced by the more friendly MR (mixed reality) in Silicon Valley.

So, everyone be on the lookout for MR in the future. ;)

That’s all!

Oh, and here is the article: What Will Be the Next Big Thing to Come Out of Silicon Valley? | Innovation | Smithsonian

HASSAN: We’re going to tap right into the optic nerve, and insert things that you don’t see, but your brain doesn’t know that you don’t see them. We’re just going to insert it right into your optic nerve. We really don’t understand how memory works and stuff like that, but we understand somewhat how the optic nerve works, because it’s just a cable going back to your brain, and, you know, we know in theory how to insert things into it, so it’s just a bunch of engineering work to make that happen.”
Sounds like a brainwashing technique to me. Where's the Terminator when we need him....The human race is at risk from techie domination & manipulation. And yes, I'm pointing the finger at you Zuckerberg. . ;):(

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
HASSAN: We’re going to tap right into the optic nerve, and insert things that you don’t see, but your brain doesn’t know that you don’t see them. We’re just going to insert it right into your optic nerve.

Uhhh, sounds painful. I keep getting the image of some kid making minimum wage wearing a Mario suit tryin to stick a needle into my eye.