What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walking around Volcano Bay and Universal Orlando Construction Update - IU Vlog #2

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
In today's vlog, we check out Volcano Bay and what has changed around the water park in recent months. In addition, we take a look at the 2 new hotels coming to Universal Orlando, Aventura and the yet-to-be-named hotel on the Wet'n'Wild plot. We also stop by Islands of Adventure for the latest on the Harry Potter coaster experience, with a quick visit around CityWalk to see the latest on VooDoo Doughnut construction.

Video was great! I'd love to see the two of you tour (sneak?) around the hotels. I'll probably never get a chance to see the hotels personally and your mini-tour of VB was fantastic

Video was great! I'd love to see the two of you tour (sneak?) around the hotels. I'll probably never get a chance to see the hotels personally and your mini-tour of VB was fantastic

I assume you know anyone can get boat to hotels. Are you prevented by lack of time, rather than lack of hotel key card? Is worth the return boat journey ... if you have time
:)

Last edited:
I assume you know anyone can get boat to hotels and you prevented by lack of time, rather than lack of hotel key card? Is worth the return boat journey ... if you have time
:thumbsup: Definitely. Heck, one vacation we stayed at WDW and did two day trips to Universal Orlando. We missed Portofino so much that we took the boat over to the hotel and spent a few hours enjoying the ambiance. ....That was the trip where we really noticed the difference between staying on site at Universal or just visiting the parks. It's night & day. Anyone that likes Universal should try a couple of nights at an on site hotel, even if it's just one of the lower priced ones. The change in attitude,ambiance, convenience, leisure and relaxation is startling. It's a big time upgrade experience.

"Busy? You should've seen me 2000 years ago." - Vol
"Come back anytime. I will be here literally forever." - Vol

Those lines KILLED me. All the updates they've made at VB are interesting and obviously shows they're listening. I loved the Fearless River with the tubes but maybe they did away with them because of complaints about waiting to get tubes? I believe the one at Aquatica (Roa's Rapids?) is life vests only too.

"Busy? You should've seen me 2000 years ago." - Vol
"Come back anytime. I will be here literally forever." - Vol

Those lines KILLED me. All the updates they've made at VB are interesting and obviously shows they're listening. I loved the Fearless River with the tubes but maybe they did away with them because of complaints about waiting to get tubes? I believe the one at Aquatica (Roa's Rapids?) is life vests only too.
The one at BGW's water park in Virginia is vests only also.

I assume you know anyone can get boat to hotels. Are you prevented by lack of time, rather than lack of hotel key card? Is worth the return boat journey ... if you have time
It’s a lack of time issue. I have family in Orlando, so theme park time is very precious. I could tour around the hotels, but it would probably mean not going to the parks.