What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

I think we need to remember, this is gonna probably be BIG with the GP, F&F is a massive franchise with worldwide success, so this ride isn't going to be the end of the world, at least financially, for Universal themselves.

Exactly. The Rock, Vin Diesel, and the F&F brand is something you definitely want associated with your park. Marketing should go all in.

Nobody calls Spider-man a copy of Transformers.

Not if you ride Transformers first, not knowing that Spidey was first. (The GP pretty much)

I do think this attraction is going to be great for the park overall. People eater, merch, marketing.. and it’s an ok attraction. It’s not the best, but at least it’s something to ride.

Still wish we got a ride system similar to test track.

One big plus is it'll be a ride most of us will actually do now and add to our day vs Disaster, which personally I was skipping almost every visit.
Yeah, I'd agree. F&F will probably have a high re rideability factor....I really liked Disaster/Earthquake, especially before it started to fall apart. But like Twister, Murder She Wrote, Hitchcock etc, many of those types of attractions are basically one and done during a vacation. Now with much higher attendance,and people staying at Universal longer, it's important to have attractions that people can ride multiple times on their vacations. The old Universal Studios was fine for it's time and level of attendance. But that original park wouldn't work in today's environment, level of attendance and longer vacation stays in Universal onsite hotels. Best that Universal didn't stand pat like Disney does. Otherwise the Studios park would be a dinosaur.

One big plus is it'll be a ride most of us will actually do now and add to our day vs Disaster, which personally I was skipping almost every visit.

I'm not in Central FL and I don't have an annual pass or anything, but Disaster was ALWAYS a must do for me. I can't imagine I will like this more than Disaster and though Disaster was usually a once per trip thing due to length I quite enjoyed it. To be fair I will probably do this every time I go to USF unless it has miserable lines just because there aren't all that many rides and it will be a new experience.

This def seems like a downgrade for me. I just really enjoyed the movie making portion of disaster. Way more unique of an experience in the theme park world than whatever F&F will turn out to be.