What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

Had no idea that was new it looks old as hell lol. I ate there and the ribs were good but they can definitely scrap that black eye pea salad and whatever coleslaw that was:ack: but very impressive if that is new!!
It's two or three years old. They opened that area & the new Lions King area about the same time. It's themed that way to look authentic. As Skold said, DAK Africa is one of the best themed areas anywhere, especially with those recent additions. I really enjoy the waterfront area next to Lions King. The theming is fabulous.

I’ve waited in the FoP line many times and today was the fastest it’s ever moved. Every couple minutes we moved forward. It was glorious. Posted 2 hour wait. 1 hour 40 minutes actual.

Hope this is the new normal, because with the crazy crowds at the park today it normally would've been a 3-4 hour wait.

Now if we can just get River Journey down to 20 minutes we’d have a wonderful land.

I’ve waited in the FoP line many times and today was the fastest it’s ever moved. Every couple minutes we moved forward. It was glorious. Posted 2 hour wait. 1 hour 40 minutes actual.

Hope this is the new normal, because with the crazy crowds at the park today it normally would've been a 3-4 hour wait.

Now if we can just get River Journey down to 20 minutes we’d have a wonderful land.
Great to hear that. I've been watching it close up since Sunday, and it's adhered to that trend for the most part. .....River Journey is usually lower than FOP but it might be tough to get it much lower at this point in time since it's reported operational capacity is so low at 1080 an hour.

Hi Alicia, I really hate to ask you to do more for this forums than you all ready do, but can you expand on this?

We'll be up last week of May/first week of June, and have two WDW days. We're planning on both being AK because we seriously love it there (queue half-day park truthers" :p).

I'm thinking, staying off0site at UOR, that our only hope for FOP is rope drop, lining up 90 mins before opening. What kind of opportunities did you find?

TIA! You're awesome! :cheers:

Hi Alicia, I really hate to ask you to do more for this forums than you all ready do, but can you expand on this?

We'll be up last week of May/first week of June, and have two WDW days. We're planning on both being AK because we seriously love it there (queue half-day park truthers" :p).

I'm thinking, staying off0site at UOR, that our only hope for FOP is rope drop, lining up 90 mins before opening. What kind of opportunities did you find?

TIA! You're awesome! :cheers:
FoP was around 90 to 105 minutes wait during the middle of the day. Honestly don’t think it’s ever much better than that.

If you wait 90 mins before the park opens you’ll probably still have to wait another 30 mins to ride. That’s two hours anyway.

You could get there right as the park opens and ride the Safari, Everest, Dinosaur, and Kali (if you don’t mind getting wet) all in the first hour or so. Then check wait times for FoP and wait when it’s 2 hours or less. During lunch time has been shortest this week.

And check if there’s extra magic hours for Animal Kingdom that morning. Cause if there is you most certainly shouldn’t rope drop Pandora, since the line for a FoP will already be long by the time they let you in.

And of course, keep refreshing the app, cause you might still score FoP or River Journey passes if you keep persisting.

If FoP continues on like it has this week it’s possible the 4 hour waits are a thing of the past, and how we handle our touring plans will need to be adjusted. Keep your eyes peeled between now and May. Here’s hoping they actually fixed the problem and really are running all theaters, because that’s a game changer. (Only took 11 months to figure it out.)

EDIT: To add, I HATE waiting in lines, but up to 2 hours in the FoP queue is quite tolerable. It’s a beautifully crafted queue and just when you’re getting bored of a room, you move on to something entirely new and it’s interesting again. And you miss it all with FastPass.

FoP was around 90 to 105 minutes wait during the middle of the day. Honestly don’t think it’s ever much better than that.

If you wait 90 mins before the park opens you’ll probably still have to wait another 30 mins to ride. That’s two hours anyway.

You could get there right as the park opens and ride the Safari, Everest, Dinosaur, and Kali (if you don’t mind getting wet) all in the first hour or so. Then check wait times for FoP and wait when it’s 2 hours or less. During lunch time has been shortest this week.

And check if there’s extra magic hours for Animal Kingdom that morning. Cause if there is you most certainly shouldn’t rope drop Pandora, since the line for a FoP will already be long by the time they let you in.

And of course, keep refreshing the app, cause you might still score FoP or River Journey passes if you keep persisting.

If FoP continues on like it has this week it’s possible the 4 hour waits are a thing of the past, and how we handle our touring plans will need to be adjusted. Keep your eyes peeled between now and May. Here’s hoping they actually fixed the problem and really are running all theaters, because that’s a game changer. (Only took 11 months to figure it out.)

EDIT: To add, I HATE waiting in lines, but up to 2 hours in the FoP queue is quite tolerable. It’s a beautifully crafted queue and just when you’re getting bored of a room, you move on to something entirely new and it’s interesting again. And you miss it all with FastPass.
Seth Kubersky/Touring Plans has basically been saying the same thing since day one. Early afternoon for FOP , and knock off the other major attractions in the morning before the lines get long.....Yes, these times this week for FOP have been the best I've seen them since the attraction opened. And I check TP lines just about every day. Like you, I'm curious to see how long that lasts, though I think the lines will be long for the next two weeks with the really big crowds coming. Hopefully after April 7th we'll see times like this week again.

Seth Kubersky/Touring Plans has basically been saying the same thing since day one. Early afternoon for FOP , and knock off the other major attractions in the morning before the lines get long.....Yes, these times this week for FOP have been the best I've seen them since the attraction opened. And Icheck TP lines just about every day. Like you, I'm curious to see how long that lasts, though I think the lines will be long for the next two weeks with the really big crowds coming. Hopefully after April 7th we'll see times like this week again.
At 11am the lines at the turnstiles we’re all the way back to security. Looked like the park was just opening... But it had opened at 8am! It was so busy it’s clear the Spring Breakers have begun to ascend upon the parks.

Perhaps it was a goal internally to get all the theaters running concurrently, because if ever there was a time to get that wait time down, it would be Spring Break.

Next week and Easter weekend will be interesting to watch for sure!

At 11am the lines at the turnstiles we’re all the way back to security. Looked like the park was just opening... But it had opened at 8am! It was so busy it’s clear the Spring Breakers have begun to ascend upon the parks.

Perhaps it was a goal internally to get all the theaters running concurrently, because if ever there was a time to get that wait time down, it would be Spring Break.

Next week and Easter weekend will be interesting to watch for sure!
Yes, it looked like those crowds showed up at Universal today also. The wait times jumped big time from Sun. through Weds. times.

stop what?

Stop assuming a long line is due to a closed theater and that some issue from opening week is still going on 11 months later. Stop assuming you have any clue as to why a room might be temporarily down or how many minutes it’s been down.

Stop assuming a long line is due to a closed theater and that some issue from opening week is still going on 11 months later. Stop assuming you have any clue as to why a room might be temporarily down or how many minutes it’s been down.
A bit of a rude way to enter this forum. There is probably a better way to say what you said that isn't as confrontational. Maybe suggest what you think the reason for delays is, or how you know for sure what they suggested isn't the case.

Welcome to Orlando United, where we don't speculate and totally accept new anchor attractions running at half capacity a year later just cuz.

I don't claim to know why, I only know that I've waited in that line a lot since it opened and it's never moved that fast. Felt like we were in line for an omnimover the line was moving so often.

Whatever is happening, I hope it stays that way.

I don’t have to assume as I’m told Disney still doesn’t expect reliable operations enough to give out the full allotment of FP+ before each day. I see my friends being removed from one preshow to another due to theaters going down. It’s an issue.

Welcome to Orlando United, where we don't speculate and totally accept new anchor attractions running at half capacity a year later just cuz.

What’s Orlando United?

Sweet. Is that at Satulii? Meaning, can I order it with my meal? Which, of course, would mean it’s part of the dining plan.
Unfortunately only available at Pongu Pongu outside.

EDIT: Here's the full drink menu inside Satu'li. Consists of beers, wines, sangria and a non-alcoholic juice drink that could be your fancy Dining Plan drink.

IMG_9136b.JPG