What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

I mean he is a pretty big fan of HHN so he probably be down, if not universal could probably get one of his "supporters" to do the tram video similar to the purge in 2015 or just get a lookalike

He’d probably appear in the Gauntlet since as far as we know that’s happening. Either that or he’d be a scareactor for Kit in the Asylum maze

Edit: Just a thought but what if they go back to a mashup tram, they could easily do The Strangers(would fit nicely in Bates) and a few other properties and have something to tie it together; sort of like what last year was but with different properties and hopefully no Chucky

Last edited:
Part of me feels like if they do AHS Cult for TT as well, they'll most likely reuse a lot of the props they had in 2016 for the tram, as well as similar layout, just different scare actors and the occasional bloody smiley face and audio from the show.

Very true. Side note but does anyone even know why Conjuring got scrapped? Everyone thought it was because of the lawsuit but Murdy said it wasn’t. Hopefully we get it next year considering Conjuring 3 & The Crooked Man come out in 2019
Orlando actually got a Cease and Desist letter regarding The Conjuring.

Regardless of what Murdy said publicly, I'd suspect the legal stuff had a lot to do with it.

Orlando actually got a Cease and Desist letter regarding The Conjuring.

Regardless of what Murdy said publicly, I'd suspect the legal stuff had a lot to do with it.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA....Somebody from USH legal team got fired on that day

Actually in the case involving The Conjuring most lawyers wouldn't stop anything, the more money made off the property the more their client can sue for or in this case the more they can settle for. If it was due to the lawsuit WB would have gotten a cease and desist as well.

I still believe Uni did WB a solid and now we get IT as a result.

EDIT: Apparently the lawsuit had more to do with an ax to grind against the Warrens and not the actual property. While I still don't think it was the lawsuit I could see a lawyer sending a cease and desist just to muck up the process.

Warner Bros. Settles $900M Lawsuit Over 'The Conjuring' | Hollywood Reporter

Last edited:
Regardless, I think The Conjuring has joined Scream and Hellraiser as being one of those properties that is now a White Whale for attaining at HHN.

Regardless, I think The Conjuring has joined Scream and Hellraiser as being one of those properties that is now a White Whale for attaining at HHN.

I still think it has a better shot to come more than those two since it’s a popular franchise & the lawsuit seems to be winding down. I wonder if the Warrens would allow their likeness to be portrayed in a Haunt though

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA....Somebody from USH legal team got fired on that day
Doubtful. It was a separate issue that caused the C&D. The legal suit between WB and the Warrens halted use of a license Universal (a separate entity) was given previous permission to use. Universal was a bystander.

I still think it has a better shot to come more than those two since it’s a popular franchise & the lawsuit seems to be winding down. I wonder if the Warrens would allow their likeness to be portrayed in a Haunt though

If they ever did a haunt based on the main Conjuring movies, I doubt they'd have actors depicting the Warrens to avoid that pathway; I'd assume they'd primarily focus on the ghosts. However, I do wonder if spin-offs like the Annabelle films and The Nun have a chance of coming to the event, given how they've sort of separated themselves from the Warrens.

The suit did not involve the Warrens, other then the fact that one guy said (and there is no evidence to doubt him) that the Warrens (Lorraine in particular I believe) gave him the rights to use their cases for the book "The Demonologist". After that it was a 3 year fight between the author of "The Demonologist" Gerald Brittle and Warner Bros.

The more I read I am beginning to think maybe it was the lawsuit but what I know of copyright law is if HHN couldn't use it then neither could WB and we all know they did.

Either way the case has been settled, with the lawsuit being dropped, so even if it was the lawsuit that kept The Conjuring off last years list, it isn't what is holding it back now.

Last edited:
So as of now, what is our supposed leaked line up?

Same as before: Halloween, Stranger Things, IT, The Thing, AHS: Asylum, Trick R Treat, Classic Universals Monsters. Of course, new information kinda throws that for a loop, because the leaked lineup also said no Terror Tram and Murdy quite explicitly said that he's designing the Terror Tram right now.

What about Horrors of Blumhouse Vol.2 it could add M. Night Shyamalan's The Visit, Ouija: Origin of Evil, and Truth or Dare.

The Ouija franchise is a no go since Hasbro owns some rights too, that’s why Purge was in the Orlando HoB(it was originally Ouija). From what it sounds like the IP Lineup is already locked, and Truth or Dare would have to huge box office success to make it to the event at this point

Over the course that I have chatted, things have changed. Some for the possible better, and some for the possible worse. As I've mentioned, my original intention with it was to show a great light, but even with great lights sometimes things don't pan out the way one desires to be.

To be simple, while there is a few very strong things that are panning out, misinformation seemed to come across my own networks. I deeply apologize if I got some hopes up, but that things happen to where things may falter or not appear to exist at all.

I am deeply sorry for this to happen, and that I hope you all will be still happy with what John, Chris, and the rest of Universal Studios Hollywood's Art and Design teams have in store for this years Halloween Horror Nights.

Over the course that I have chatted, things have changed. Some for the possible better, and some for the possible worse. As I've mentioned, my original intention with it was to show a great light, but even with great lights sometimes things don't pan out the way one desires to be.

To be simple, while there is a few very strong things that are panning out, misinformation seemed to come across my own networks. I deeply apologize if I got some hopes up, but that things happen to where things may falter or not appear to exist at all.

I am deeply sorry for this to happen, and that I hope you all will be still happy with what John, Chris, and the rest of Universal Studios Hollywood's Art and Design teams have in store for this years Halloween Horror Nights.

Any notable house changes that immediately come to mind?