Pacific Rim 2 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Pacific Rim 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was much better than I anticipated but the pacing isn't like most American films and is very similar to the pacing of most Asian films. I also don't think it will do well reception wise in America with the messaging the film portrays as its very pro-women and pro-China.

It doesn't play itself like a transformer film because unless the recent transformer film this film really doesn't play itself seriously.

Not really sure why pro-women would be a detriment in America. Did you see Black Panther make tons of money?

Not really sure why pro-women would be a detriment in America. Did you see Black Panther make tons of money?

Its the way its done which is extremely snide to males. I found it humorous and it added to my enjoyment of the film because I enjoy strong women but others may not.

Similiar to Black Panther this film is routed in displaying diversity with POC/Women leads.

Essentially a Chinese Woman (who saves the day like 5 times throughout the movie) and a teenage girl are the two heroes who actually save the world while the males are either weak, conceited, overly naive, and/or villainous.

Essentially a Chinese Woman (who saves the day like 5 times throughout the movie) and a teenage girl are the two heroes who actually save the world while the males are either weak, conceited, overly naive, and/or villainous.
That seems fair.

It was much better than I anticipated but the pacing isn't like most American films and is very similar to the pacing of most Asian films. I also don't think it will do well reception wise in America with the messaging the film portrays as its very pro-women and pro-China.

It doesn't play itself like a transformer film because unless the recent transformer film this film really doesn't play itself seriously.
They aren't trying to appeal to America.

The only reason it got a sequel to begin with was because of how well the movie performed internationally. PR1 did poor numbers in the US.

I saw it last night. The first movie was fine. This one.....whoo boy....this will get into some spoiler territory.

The movie actually wasn't bad for the first half. I felt like they had a good story going on with the development of the characters and the rogue yeager causing a ruckus. I was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn't becoming a generic fighting robot movie. It was actually shaping out to be better than I expected.....and then the villain happened. As soon as you find out the antagonist, the film turns into a Michael Bay bore fest. For a man possessed by Kyju, he didn't act like he was possessed.....just some annoying loudmouth who thinks he has the most clever dialogue while he's really annoying. If the Kyju are going to get him to wipe out the human race, he should at least act like there's a conflict going on inside his mind. Dealing with the inward struggle of fighting with those creatures while dealing woth both sides would've given the antagonist more depth. But no, they had to make him, "muahahaha! I'm going to conquer the world!" Then the film becomes extremely generic.

Great visuals, but the movie falls apart after the last half. Shame. They almost made a good movie.