Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Here's a zoomed in look at the area that connects the existing plot to the expansion.

vb-jpg.6248
Do you think they could (or should) expand the fearless river into the new plot? That might open up enough space for a larger connection between VB and the expansion. It would also help it to feel less segregated as you've been saying.

Might not be something they could do in practicality, but I'd endorse it.

Do you think they could (or should) expand the fearless river into the new plot? That might open up enough space for a larger connection between VB and the expansion. It would also help it to feel less segregated as you've been saying.

No need for them to do that.

I brought that up earlier. It would increase the fearless river capacity by around 50%. And we know they're needing more capacity for "non-Tapu" things. So I, too, would fully endorse it.

And I can see why the VB management has been so careful with their changing weight limits on a few slides..... On Friday, the Kansas Attorney General's office filed criminal charges against Schlitterbahn Water Park and Tyler Austin, former Director of Operations, in the 2016 death of a boy riding the 170' tall Verruckt waterslide. They've been charged with involuntary manslaughter, several conts of aggravated battery, endangering a child and interference with law enforcement. Contributing to the filing of those charges is that riders had been reporting injuries on the slide since it opened, but the management ignored those injuries and continued operation without adjusting or correcting the issues.

And I can see why the VB management has been so careful with their changing weight limits on a few slides..... On Friday, the Kansas Attorney General's office filed criminal charges against Schlitterbahn Water Park and Tyler Austin, former Director of Operations, in the 2016 death of a boy riding the 170' tall Verruckt waterslide. They've been charged with involuntary manslaughter, several conts of aggravated battery, endangering a child and interference with law enforcement. Contributing to the filing of those charges is that riders had been reporting injuries on the slide since it opened, but the management ignored those injuries and continued operation without adjusting or correcting the issues.

Didn't Schlitterbahn design this themselves though? If something similar happened at VB, would Universal or ProSlide be liable?

Didn't Schlitterbahn design this themselves though? If something similar happened at VB, would Universal or ProSlide be liable?

I think Schlitterbahn had help from a design firm, but from my understanding it was an in-house project. For your other question, if the incident occurred because of operations or horrible upkeep, it'll be on Universal, but if an accident were to occur because of an Engineering/Design issue, it's ProSlides fault.

Yes, it was mostly designed by the owners, with assistance. One of the major issues though is that they were having issues with injuries and just kept running it....In regards to Universal, I would imagine if injuries are being reported, and no adjustments are made, not only the manufacturer, but also the operator, would be liable criminally & civilly, and that's why they're being so careful with the slides that were having issues, before they have a tragic accident.

Last edited:
This is astounding to me... that they build a new waterpark and in under a year they tear parts of it up and re-imagine it.

That said, why was this necessary? What was the old system of exits lacking?

Tapu Tapu theft. They needed to make a nicer looking exit so that they can detect tapu tapu still with guests.