Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

I think Rattouille looks increasingly mediocre from videos, so I’m not all that excited for it at all

Rat is very akin to Gringott's honestly. Some of the same pitfalls, but there is a bit less promise from the get go.

Gringott's is neither a great coaster, a great hybrid simulator (Spiderman) or a great dark ride with screen implementation (Forbidden Journey, Shanghai's Pirates). It tried to be too many things and didn't execute on the whole. I think the lack of coaster elements is nice from a menu perspective, but that's literally not the point of what the movie to screen interpretation for that should have been. Similar to the bonkers decision they are making with Fast and the Furious.

That's not to say it doesn't do things well, it just makes one too many mistakes with pacing, tech implementation and general story telling. They messed up the basics, but hide it well because it is a nifty ride system with some interesting tricks and uses quite an impressive scale overall.

Meanwhile Hogwarts Express is so much less touted, but just nails the execution through and through.

Rat is very akin to Gringott's honestly. Some of the same pitfalls, but there is a bit less promise from the get go.

Gringott's is neither a great coaster, a great hybrid simulator (Spiderman) or a great dark ride with screen implementation (Forbidden Journey, Shanghai's Pirates). It tried to be too many things and didn't execute on the whole. I think the lack of coaster elements is nice from a menu perspective, but that's literally not the point of what the movie to screen interpretation for that should have been. Similar to the bonkers decision they are making with Fast and the Furious.

That's not to say it doesn't do things well, it just makes one too many mistakes with pacing, tech implementation and general story telling. They messed up the basics, but hide it well because it is a nifty ride system with some interesting tricks and uses quite an impressive scale overall.

Meanwhile Hogwarts Express is so much less touted, but just nails the execution through and through.
If Gringotts had one AA scene, a longer ending/coaster portion, and no 3-D; it would be a stellar attraction....That does not mean it is bad by any means

Rat is relatively the same, the practical sets are used as transitions from scene to scene, which are all projected...Not a great use of the technology that it is using

Nail on the head. I think the inverse explains why Fallon does so well with the GP. Besides the preshows, of course.

It doesn’t try to be anything other than a run of the mill simulator, and guests are adjusting their expectations before they even sit down. By the time they get off they’re talking about how much smoother that was than The Simpsons, and how much better the queue was than Despicable Me, and so on.

It doesn’t try to do anything groundbreaking, but it is polished.

Nail on the head. I think the inverse explains why Fallon does so well with the GP. Besides the preshows, of course.

It doesn’t try to be anything other than a run of the mill simulator, and guests are adjusting their expectations before they even sit down. By the time they get off they’re talking about how much smoother that was than The Simpsons, and how much better the queue was than Despicable Me, and so on.

It doesn’t try to do anything groundbreaking, but it is polished.
:thumbsup:

WDI has new responsibilities with the re-org of the TWDC that is stealing talent who works on the solely attractions and forcing them to work on other things such as gaming, apps, merch, etc. I think we would see the opposite effect of Disney spending less on attractions and more on synergistic efforts.

Food for thought, perhaps you should look back at some of our previous posts to understand that we've already talked about that?

While I have had chats with Newscast, and that they have seemed like good individuals, the stuff they do it pretty much relaying back things that people may of not of noticed if they aren't keeping up on sites like Magic, IU, Micechat, and tons of other places.

To get back to Guardians, the vibe I get is this.

The attraction will be doing Screens ala tron, being able to follow the riders path so that way they don't have to heavily rely on sets, and just mainly keep up screens.

Food for thought, perhaps you should look back at some of our previous posts to understand that we've already talked about that?

While I have had chats with Newscast, and that they have seemed like good individuals, the stuff they do it pretty much relaying back things that people may of not of noticed if they aren't keeping up on sites like Magic, IU, Micechat, and tons of other places.

To get back to Guardians, the vibe I get is this.

The attraction will be doing Screens ala tron, being able to follow the riders path so that way they don't have to heavily rely on sets, and just mainly keep up screens.
After the pleasant surprise of FoP, I will keep an open mind about this attraction

I am, however, prepared for a Tron type coaster with lights, sets, and Chris Pratt being HILLLARIOUS

I suspect you're right, but for the amount of money Disney is apparently spending on this attraction, that sounds like... well, a pretty sparse ride experience.

I suspect you're right, but for the amount of money Disney is apparently spending on this attraction, that sounds like... well, a pretty sparse ride experience.

To be fair, I think Tron may of costed the same amount for Shanghai to what is being spent for Guardians, so it may not be that far of a stretch for modern WDI standards (which..are not great).

Everything WDI designs ends up costing way more to build than it should.

I just keeping coming back to the idea that this ride is going to be a dud (even setting aside its placement in a park in which it doesn't belong). Mission: Breakout at least got that awesome Rocket AA; by all accounts so far, we're not even getting that (or something similar).

Everything WDI designs ends up costing way more to build than it should.

I just keeping coming back to the idea that this ride is going to be a dud (even setting aside its placement in a park in which it doesn't belong). Mission: Breakout at least got that awesome Rocket AA; by all accounts so far, we're not even getting that (or something similar).
While I'm not super excited about it, I don't believe it is going to be a dud