Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

If they are going to "re-purpose" any of the rides, it should be Aerosmith RNC. They aren't even a touring band anymore, and the band members do not get a long at all. Not to mention they are all getting older, and it's likely one of them will pass away sooner than later.

Re-purposing the ride BEFORE that happens, is a solid plan, as it will get "uncomfortable" once a band member has passed away.

It's also probably the "easiest" ride to re-purpose. they could keep the track exactly the same, and just change the props and onboard audio.

They even keep the "rock n Roll" theme, and just change it to a younger band. Like Maroon 5 or some other terribly popular rock band. They would just need to re-film the opening video.

Just make it Foo Fighters. They are the most popular band putting out consistently good rock music. People like David Grohl and he's a pretty good role model.

One of two changes I could see,

1: It loses the aerosmith story, asthetics, and what-not for a generic music rollercoaster, with "varients" of different music types from multiple genres, keep all the music to be a partnership between Hollywood Records

2:Convert to IP.

Oh gwarsh, well sorry folks we missed that turn. Maybe we get the next one eh heh ~ goofy
Edit: yeah I can’t see that working in this setting, I would almost say like a HRRR where you can choose your song but with out the music video would work.

Last edited:
There was a rumor years ago about turning it into either the Cab from Roger Rabbit, or Goofy's Cab Co.

as much as I love RR, this sounds like a terrible idea. Also Goofy already has a kiddie coaster.

Foo Fighters aren't a terrible idea, but they aren't really "pop" enough for Disney.

I would imagine it would be something from their Disney Music label. Thank god the Jonas Brothers already broke up.

as much as I love RR, this sounds like a terrible idea. Also Goofy already has a kiddie coaster.

Foo Fighters aren't a terrible idea, but they aren't really "pop" enough for Disney.

I would imagine it would be something from their Disney Music label. Thank god the Jonas Brothers already broke up.
I meant foo fighters as a good option if they wanted a similar appeal and rock aesthetic for a more modern audience. If they wanted to go more pop that is a bigger change to the theme of the ride.

There was a rumor years ago about turning it into either the Cab from Roger Rabbit, or Goofy's Cab Co.

I mean, I think that could fit in to Sunset Blvd even more than RnRC does. The whole strip has that “stuck in the golden age” concept, with the facades and the actors and ToT, but RnRC is very contemporary in attitude (even if the IP is now dated in terms of pop culture) and about music, not movies. Roger Rabbit can lean into the 1940s aesthetic that fits much more nicely into the land, and pays homage to film noir and cartoons.

Of course, you could argue Fantasmic and BatB fit in just as well as RnRC does, but idk RnRC just feels a little out of place to me.

Also, theming the most intense coaster on property to goofy is not a good idea :lol:

pretty sad that this could be true. 9 rides does not a full day park make. Animal Kingdom and Studios both need a good 5-8 more attractions to get to full day park status.
Yep, sitting on a 3 day ticket and probably not going to use it before it expires. Just not worth the trouble.

pretty sad that this could be true. 9 rides does not a full day park make. Animal Kingdom and Studios both need a good 5-8 more attractions to get to full day park status.
for most, yes, but I could honestly just spend all day appreciating the theming and other parts of AK that aren't just attractions, it's such a nicely themed park. Studios on the other hand....

I'm not trying to make this a Disney v. Universal thing, but...

USF has 12 rides.
- DMMM
- HRRR
- Fallon
- Mummy
- Transformers
- F&F
- Gringotts
- King's Cross HE
- Simpsons
- Simpsons spinner
- ET
- Woody Woodpecker kiddy coaster

Of the things I listed, one isn't open yet and one will likely be closing soon (F&F and Woody) so the park will probably be down to 11 rides for a period of a few years. Yes, USF has more rides, but let's not pretend like DHS is gonna be some sad excuse for a park once everything opens next year.