Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

why dont they change it to Mr Ping's noodles

The Mr. Ping's Noodle Shop facade is not meant, nor will it ever be meaning to be a permanent structure. It was built specifically for the Lunar New Year event in mind, and that the DreamWorks Theater is at it's core, a Flex Venue, that will eventually hold more than just Kung Fu Panda: The Emperor's Quest.

...You know what, I can now completely buy this softing in April if it's getting done that quickly, for an early may opening (which would be a first in a long while for USH).
Potter and Despicable Me both opened in April of their respected years and TF opened in May as well. Fast and Furious opened in June and TWD opened in July. So it’s not uncommon for Universal Studios Hollywood to open something in April or May.

And Springfield USA opened in May as well.

Last edited:
Potter and Despicable Me both opened in April of their respected years and TF opened in May as well. Fast and Furious opened in June and TWD opened in July. So it’s not uncommon for Universal Studios Hollywood to open something in April or May.

And Springfield USA opened in May as well.

Touche. ;)

Walls are down around the new tower facade/entrance of Dreamworks Theater! Only picture is from @ush.hacker’s Instagram Story. Looks phenomenal!View attachment 6274

Wow, looks gorgeous! I really love the direction USH took with the upper lot entrance. The art deco/Spanish architecture is classy & a great fit for the park.

After the Lower Lot redesign is complete, this will most likely be the best looking Studios park in the entire chain.

Going pretty quickly at the moment. Seems like it could start tech rehearsals as soon as mid-April. I'd be more cautious considering F&F but that's a ride and this is far more simple, so... I think there's not much to worry about here.

Going pretty quickly at the moment. Seems like it could start tech rehearsals as soon as mid-April. I'd be more cautious considering F&F but that's a ride and this is far more simple, so... I think there's not much to worry about here.

Wow, looks gorgeous! I really love the direction USH took with the upper lot entrance. The art deco/Spanish architecture is classy & a great fit for the park.

After the Lower Lot redesign is complete, this will most likely be the best looking Studios park in the entire chain.

Yup. I was in awe on my last visit of how good it was looking. This park wins in so many areas from even entering the park, to the main plaza, to all the streetmosphere when you walk in. That's the only gripe about the VIP tour is that there's less time to just take in the details at your own pace.

The NY facades are just the showbuilding for the Dreamworks theater correct? So if they were to be redesigned, they would continue to just be facades serving no further purpose?

The NY facades are just the showbuilding for the Dreamworks theater correct? So if they were to be redesigned, they would continue to just be facades serving no further purpose?

Well, in the past they were Amazing Photos and Sweet Liberty. The last I heard, SL is now being used as a break room, but I am willing to check that up. As for Amazing Photos..that's actually an interesting question.

Amazing Photos has already relocated to the main gate and they should stay there. I was hoping for a gift shop for KFP, but that is going to be very unlikely. I am also hoping for a smaller theater to offer a more intimate experience...but I highly doubt that as well.

Here is to hoping!

Amazing Photos has already relocated to the main gate and they should stay there. I was hoping for a gift shop for KFP, but that is going to be very unlikely. I am also hoping for a smaller theater to offer a more intimate experience...but I highly doubt that as well.

Here is to hoping!

I actually got an update, both SL and the NYStreet Amazing Photos are pretty much dead, and will be now fully used for other purposes.

And that I have seemingly got confirmation that it won't be for a shop or candy store of any kind.

EDIT: From @Rideguy70

Last edited: