Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 293 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about a rebuild of JPRA as Jurassic World: Escape. Ride Vehicles are Mercedes Benz SUVs (because the JW/Mercedes Love is real). Escaping Isla Nublar as the volcano erupts. Something like Kong meets Dinosaur at Disney's AK. Lots of opportunities for thrills, fire, cameos by Blue, Owen on his motorcycle etc. With the ability to keep it somewhat family friendly if needed.

Reactions: LJGonz and Kylo Ren
What about a rebuild of JPRA as Jurassic World: Escape. Ride Vehicles are Mercedes Benz SUVs (because the JW/Mercedes Love is real). Escaping Isla Nublar as the volcano erupts. Something like Kong meets Dinosaur at Disney's AK. Lots of opportunities for thrills, fire, cameos by Blue, Owen on his motorcycle etc.

They would probably just demolish the ride at that point. I just don't see them getting rid of JPRA anytime soon, it's too iconic.

What about a rebuild of JPRA as Jurassic World: Escape. Ride Vehicles are Mercedes Benz SUVs (because the JW/Mercedes Love is real). Escaping Isla Nublar as the volcano erupts. Something like Kong meets Dinosaur at Disney's AK. Lots of opportunities for thrills, fire, cameos by Blue, Owen on his motorcycle etc. With the ability to keep it somewhat family friendly if needed.
Yep, that would be a demo, you can't repurpose the current structure as that ride, and I know so many people that love the ride, it just needs a huge change to the AAs

Reactions: Mad Dog
I agree JPRA is quite iconic but it's very outdated. And yes they likely would demolish the ride but the footprint is perfect for a new ride. With the updating of Terminator, removal of Twister, Disaster, Jaws and changing Back to the Future, I feel like it's just a matter of time until they update JPRA to get with the times. The reality is pretty soon a full JW trilogy will have been released with the IOA ride still based on the original Jurassic Park. I don't see that making much sense to the general public or sitting well with UC.

Reactions: Kylo Ren
The reality is pretty soon a full JW trilogy will have been released with the IOA ride still based on the original Jurassic Park. I don't see that making much sense to the general public or sitting well with UC.
Ehh I see them changing the story to fit the new movies, but a park with dinosaurs is a park with dinosaurs, they don't have to change much to make it JW themed, and I doubt most people even care tbh

I agree JPRA is quite iconic but it's very outdated. And yes they likely would demolish the ride but the footprint is perfect for a new ride. With the updating of Terminator, removal of Twister, Disaster, Jaws and changing Back to the Future, I feel like it's just a matter of time until they update JPRA to get with the times. The reality is pretty soon a full JW trilogy will have been released with the IOA ride still based on the original Jurassic Park. I don't see that making much sense to the general public or sitting well with UC.

JPRA gets an update, and the land gets a new E-ticket near the discovery center. That's all that I see happening, with all the other stuff Universal is said to build within the parks *cough*Nintendo*cough*

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
JPRA gets an update, and the land gets a new E-ticket near the discovery center. That's all that I see happening, with all the other stuff Universal is said to build within the parks *cough*Nintendo*cough*
yeah, they don't need both islands connecting to Hogsmeade under major construction at the same time lol

Creaturetechnolgy.com is the likely bet for an upgrade. Probabably don't announce upcoming projects though.

Last edited:
Creaturetechnolgy.com is the likely bet for an upgrade. Probabably don't announce upcoming projects though.

I would assume they'd be working more on the rumored USH Pets and USH JW projects as of now.

I don't see Universal building a wooden coaster, ever.

I honestly wouldn't mind it, as long as it made sense thematically with the rest of the land.

You guys are missing a lot of points here. JPRA is the highest-capacity ride in IOA (especially important, now that Dragons is gone). It still pulls down respectable wait times, despite being a water ride. And outside a few upgrades here or there, it’s stil in decent shape, and should stick around for years to come.

P-Flyers, on the other hand, needs to go. Camp Jurassic is fine, but the space from the Triceretops Encounter would be better used for a new ride that replaces the coaster. I’d picture some kind of Jeep coaster, or even a Pteranodon-based Vekoma Junior Suspended Coaster (something to set it apart from the two other Vekoma coasters in the resort).

But destroying JPRA isn’t realistic.

You guys are missing a lot of points here. JPRA is the highest-capacity ride in IOA (especially important, now that Dragons is gone). It still pulls down respectable wait times, despite being a water ride. And outside a few upgrades here or there, it’s stil in decent shape, and should stick around for years to come.

P-Flyers, on the other hand, needs to go. Camp Jurassic is fine, but the space from the Triceretops Encounter would be better used for a new ride that replaces the coaster. I’d picture some kind of Jeep coaster, or even a Pteranodon-based Vekoma Junior Suspended Coaster (something to set it apart from the two other Vekoma coasters in the resort).

But destroying JPRA isn’t realistic.
Yep. That's why an upgrade/update would be the best route for JPRA. Plus it's a non screen ride, which puts it in the need to stay diversified attraction category. Plenty of room for a new attraction utilizing the Trike plot & Pterandon Flyers if they decide to go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.