Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

Nov 7, 2016
Riding Lightning Rod
MOD EDIT:
Friday, August 23rd
- Disney Legends Awards Ceremony @ 10:30am PST
- Disney+ @ 3:30pm PST

Saturday, August 24th
- The Walt Disney Studios Panel @ 10:00am PST

Sunday, August 25th
- Disney Parks, Experiences and Products @ 10:30am PST

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never done a D23. Everything I've seen about it looks awful and people wait in line to wait in more lines... I even saw people in sleeping bags in an overnight line. F that.

That being said, I AM a Disney fan obviously and feel like I should go at least once. Has anyone done a Sorceror's Package and think it's worth it?

I've never done a D23. Everything I've seen about it looks awful and people wait in line to wait in more lines... I even saw people in sleeping bags in an overnight line. F that.

That being said, I AM a Disney fan obviously and feel like I should go at least once. Has anyone done a Sorceror's Package and think it's worth it?
If you’re gonna go, done expect to get into everything or make it your sole reason for going. It’s the overall experience that is what makes it fun and spending time on the showroom floor is something I highly recommend.

As to the Sorcerers package, it’s worth it if you absolutely want to be in every major panel and you also get a lounge to chill out in as well. The packages are fairly expensive, however they are still selling out within hours of tickets going on sale in recent years.

If I had the money, I would definitely go.

The Parks & Resort panel is going to be loaded. They're going to have to hit everything from the WDW 50th, to the various Marvel lands, and to all of the resort improvements (Skyliner, SW hotel). Also, Disney Cruise Line is building a fleet of three brand-new ships. That's going to be a major focus because the first one will launch in 2021.

If you’re gonna go, done expect to get into everything or make it your sole reason for going. It’s the overall experience that is what makes it fun and spending time on the showroom floor is something I highly recommend.

As to the Sorcerers package, it’s worth it if you absolutely want to be in every major panel and you also get a lounge to chill out in as well. The packages are fairly expensive, however they are still selling out within hours of tickets going on sale in recent years.

Within 7 minutes last year.

Addition: Also if you plan on going, I wouldn't wait until the last second to get tickets. They were completely sold out for everyday on the Friday of the event.

Within 7 minutes last year.

Addition: Also if you plan on going, I wouldn't wait until the last second to get tickets. They were completely sold out for everyday on the Friday of the event.

That only happened after some line mismanagement and several hundred angry guests. Or that's what I was told.

If I go, I'd want to do everything. And what I saw from people there on Instagram, it was sleeping overnight, lines to get in, lines to shop, lines for food, lines for panels, lines to get in lines for panels.. fun my ass. :lol: But a Sorceror's Package might just make it bearable. I'll think about it.

If I go, I'd want to do everything. And what I saw from people there on Instagram, it was sleeping overnight, lines to get in, lines to shop, lines for food, lines for panels, lines to get in lines for panels.. fun my ass. :lol: But a Sorceror's Package might just make it bearable. I'll think about it.

Wasn't there a big problem where they were queuing people in halls, and when it was time to let people in, they pulled from the wrong hall and the people who had stayed there all night were skipped and didn't get in?

Wasn't there a big problem where they were queuing people in halls, and when it was time to let people in, they pulled from the wrong hall and the people who had stayed there all night were skipped and didn't get in?
Yeah, even after 4 Expos stateside and 3 in Japan, Disney still doesn’t seem to understand how to manage the ever growing crowds that the Expo draws.

I would kill someone.

That only happened after some line mismanagement and several hundred angry guests. Or that's what I was told.

Not sure what you might be referring to. Those Sorcerer packages will sell out within minutes of hitting the registration site. I can't remember if it was Friday morning or afternoon Disney made the call to stop selling any tickets onsite. So basically, that ticket booth became Will Call only.

Sorta. It was that there weren't any/enough line monitors so when the doors opened, a huge group that were behind the group who had been camping all night busted through the stanchions and basically cut in front of that first group. Disney had to do a bit of guest recovery after that.

To recap more..

Dates for when Tix's go on sale was revealed, ticket prices were revealed, the logo for the tenure of D23 was shown off, RFID Badges are going to be implemented for the first time, and a bit of info on what's going in the con was detailed.

Should we expect any announcements at the D23 Expo Event regarding if the Indiana Jones Show will be updated and stay permanently at the park and not see a Indy themed land? Or keep the show and expand into a Indy land. A Cars land at Hollywood studios and Monsters Inc replacing Rock N Roller Coaster. Anything Marvel at Hollywood studios we might see?

Sorry for double posting but no one has posted in this topic for awhile but I understand Epcot will be announcing future changes to their park in the upcoming d23 expo 2019 event. I’m not sure if they will the announce other 3 WDW parks what will be planned for them after this year.

As a guess (and it's my own guess than anything)..if Disney does do a blowout for the 50th in terms of announcing,

Honestly, as an early guess more than anything (and more of a pie-in-the-sky guess)..

DLR - Details on Spider-Man at DCA, perhaps a visual video to show some of the concepts at play, alongside a proper visual of how Runaway Railway will be represented for the Toontown area
WDW - Epcot40 (as mentioned officially by Disney), RnRC (I buy that because of one thing: When Attractions reported it, it was because they actually were invited to the WDI campus as part of DVC), and perhaps an update on MK's plans for Tomorrowland for the 50th
DLPR - Update on the Marvel NY Hotel, WDS Marvel Plans, and perhaps a proper announcement on the SW Attraction (which should likely be the Falcon and not Resistance, unfortunately)
HKDL - Update on the Castle and Frozen area
Shanghai - A new look and timeline for the Zootopia area of the park
TDS - Promote New Fantasyland Tokyo
DCL - A small preview on the progress of Triton
__

I get the impression that this year's going to be light on domestic, outside of the East Coast, and that a lot of focus is going to be put towards both TDS, and DLPR.