Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's looking like we're getting a concentrated area for the show on that side of the lake with some sort of centerpiece or stage. Definately could mean multiple showings a night. I'm intrigued now.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Can anyone compare the size is fine the viewing area to what world of color has?

Anyone see them doing a Halloween version for hhn?

I don't think it'll be that bad. Queue "through" Springfield/International Food Fair, viewing area, dump out at Hollywood/Mel's.

Sounds... like a process. That’s the nicest way to say it.

Logistically speaking- MK has tons of capacity but is a cluster due to the amount of people. But can still (usually) fit all. Epcot is better. DHS is the worst due to capacity. DAK is the best.
I’d rank them DAK, Epcot, MK, DHS for nighttime show (DHS fantasmic is perfect though)- again- in terms of logistics.

IoA has the ability to be DAK like in terms of execution, dedicated viewing areas, one large show, etc.
This? Its going to feel very strange for a while.

Reactions: Jones14
I believe that while both the IOA and US lagoons do act as temporary retention ponds, they are interconnected to the larger retention ponds around property. I am just assuming that US and IOA are on stage and should they need more or less water, they call on all of the satellite ponds elsewhere... the largest of which is the pond south of the garages.

But this is just my observation and guess. ;)

Reactions: shiekra38
Sounds... like a process. That’s the nicest way to say it.

Logistically speaking- MK has tons of capacity but is a cluster due to the amount of people. But can still (usually) fit all. Epcot is better. DHS is the worst due to capacity. DAK is the best.
I’d rank them DAK, Epcot, MK, DHS for nighttime show (DHS fantasmic is perfect though)- again- in terms of logistics.

IoA has the ability to be DAK like in terms of execution, dedicated viewing areas, one large show, etc.
This? Its going to feel very strange for a while.

DAK is the best? Its hard to walk through before and after a showing. It's tight near Everest and a cluster in all of Asia.

DAK is the best? Its hard to walk through before and after a showing. It's tight near Everest and a cluster in all of Asia.

You’re using that as the metric? Hard to walk through before and after a show? Lol. Ok...

So what would you say MK is before and after a show? “Hard to walk through?” We wish it was just “hard to walk through”. It’s an Fin zoo. If it’s not to capacity then you’re nut to butt. DHS? Even worse.
At least during the show, you can move about DAK asia/Dino freely.

Anytime you have thousands of people in one small area being released at once, of course it’s going to be congested- heck, even the Nemo theater gets that way.

But in terms of logistics and operation, it’s certainly the best of the group. What would you rank better? Hogwarts Christmas? The only one I could see as better is Epcot due to its massive size. Fantasmic is the best of all- but that’s a stage show and “off-stage” exit that bypasses everything. Not a center of park like Chinese theater, DAK Lagoon, world showcase, castle, USF lagoon.

I just want to know if there will be cupcakes? Or will it be Voodoo nuts? Guess Lombard's is done with the cupcake parties now.

This pic here summarizes it all. Old viewing area + new viewing area.

It’s looking like they’ll completely ignore the other “MIB/London/Springfield” side and go all out on this area. If so- there’s not going to be much in terms of capacity- so I’m curious if they’ll go the “multiple shows per night” route like they did with Higsmeade Christmas.

Loving this look vs the barges. And while we lose a chunk of Central Park- The lagoon looks 10x better. All they need to do is make the new viewing area look decent to blend in and it’s a huge improvement for the aesthetic of the park.

Now ops? Much like Hogsmeade Christmas, I could see this being a cluster.

Looking at Google, I think they'd be better to put a second setup of whatever they are doing here down between London and Duff's. I just think what we are seeing now is just the start. That way almost the whole lagoon is viewable area. And that opens up to reserved seating.

Reactions: Coasted and Andysol
Is it possible we’ll see a whole new viewing area where fear factor is now in that area when they extend Harry Potter area? Getting rid of that wooden bridge would help...

Using Google Maps to measure the main viewing areas and comparing them both. World of Color at DCA has about 41,000 Sq Ft. in the main viewing area. The Central Park area at USF is about 40,000 Sq Ft. So it's comparable to the capacity of WOC.

Reactions: Andysol and Coasted
Using Google Maps to measure the main viewing areas and comparing them both. World of Color at DCA has about 41,000 Sq Ft. in the main viewing area. The Central Park area at USF is about 40,000 Sq Ft. So it's comparable to the capacity of WOC.
How does the area of the lake compare to WoC?

So the area of the lake at USF in front of the Central Park viewing location (From Richter's to Mels), is 76,000 Sq Ft. The platform for World of Color is less than 58,000 Sq Ft. Very interesting. I thought it would have been bigger.

So the area of the lake at USF in front of the Central Park viewing location (From Richter's to Mels), is 76,000 Sq Ft. The platform for World of Color is less than 58,000 Sq Ft. Very interesting. I thought it would have been bigger.
Not gonna lie. This fact makes me a bit giddy. Although, I'm also telling myself to greatly lower my expectation because of history.

Don't expect anything near the scale of World of Color lol. When given the chance to duplicate in Japan, even the OLC thought the cost and infrastructure of WOC was too much.

Think closer to Rivers of Light.

It's costly but a worthwhile investment. These nighttime shows change everything about how guests visit the park, how long they stay, even leave and come back.

Not sure how much the Lombard's dining packages with the reserved viewing area brought in but I'm sure they will become even more popular if this show is significantly better.

It's costly but a worthwhile investment. These nighttime shows change everything about how guests visit the park, how long they stay, even leave and come back.

Not sure how much the Lombard's dining packages with the reserved viewing area brought in but I'm sure they will become even more popular if this show is significantly better.

I keep wondering about the tables on the Springfield side.

no clue how WoC is set up, but if Central Park is stands...there are seats by Mel's/Transformers...is the show one side or one corner?

That would leave these other areas out...but the whole lake, I could see a desert party concept for the tables that start around the area behind Lard Lads...

EDIT due to phone post messing me up