HHN 28: Stranger Things | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 28: Stranger Things

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So let's play a little game....

Bigger announcement: Walking Dead in 2012 or Stranger Things in 2018?

Stranger Things mainly on the fact, it airs in over 80 countries which is why Singapore is getting it as well compared to TWD. Also Stranger Things is a more family friendly IP with the series being TV PG compared to The Walking Dead which is TV 14.

Only season 1, huh? Not all that much material to go with for a house, and the demogorgon is the only monster. Kinda disappointing on that front, but still a good cornerstone property to get people in the gates.
Disagree, think there’s plenty for one house. School, forest, Byers house, Hawkins lab, demorgorgan layer, and then of course all of the former as upside down variants as well.
Plus they could really build the tension, not knowing when the demogorgan is coming, just like the show.

Might not be enough for a season 2 on its own though. Although I’ve only seen that season once, might have even missed some locations from season 1.

Eh... smart way to do it would be to have some of the rooms flip to the Upside Down variant while you're in them. They kind a hint at it, referring to going into the Upside Down "whether you want to or not."

Scareactor hits an e-prom that switches the "normal" lighting to blue/purple upside down lighting (that reveals vines painted into the walls), waits a beat, then pops out. It's actually REALLY easy to pull it off.

Eh... smart way to do it would be to have some of the rooms flip to the Upside Down variant while you're in them. They kind a hint at it, referring to going into the Upside Down "whether you want to or not."

Scareactor hits an e-prom that switches the "normal" lighting to blue/purple upside down lighting (that reveals vines painted into the walls), waits a beat, then pops out. It's actually REALLY easy to pull it off.

Like the lounge/bar scene in The Shining last year.

So let's play a little game....

Bigger announcement: Walking Dead in 2012 or Stranger Things in 2018?

I'm thinking Walking Dead to be honest, but it's close. People forget just how huge Walking Dead was back then. Sadly the houses themselves were disappointing from the start, but UOR kept bringing them back due to popularity of the franchise. It's easy to forget how popular that house was the first year. It was triple the wait of any other house, when I went.

I thought the first house I experienced in 2013 was great, but all down hill from there. I also liked that all the scarezones were TWD themed, ...sorry back then it was my favorite show on television! and was in the running for my favorite show of all time.

Now sadly I've stopped watching and I would protest against a Walking Dead popcorn cart let alone it ruling the event.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I thought the first house I experienced in 2013 was great, but all down hill from there. I also liked that all the scarezones were TWD themed, ...sorry back then it was my favorite show on television! and was in the running for my favorite show of all time.

Now sadly I've stopped watching and I would protest against a Walking Dead popcorn cart let alone it ruling the event.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

the show was great at the start, and first few seasons. Sadly, killing off all you best characters, makes it difficult to keep a sustainable drama. Especially when the narrative keeps repeating over and over again. I think the show started going downhill after the "prison/Governor" plot line.

Vines at the front arches would at least be something new!

020-usf-entrance-halloween-horror-nights-2013-hhn-23-6245-oi.jpg