Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't that mean we're travelling sideways?

Not entirely, it could be done in a way that means there is seating to where guests will be sitting presumably in either the motorcycle position or the standard sitdown position (albeit a slight bit lowered for realism), and allowing them to accommodate two different ride types.

EDIT: Tron tried something to this level actually, with more or less the attraction having handicapped seating in the back row of certain trains that are pretty much just standard seating.

Now think of that, but incorporate that as a major feature of the attraction. And that most of the action could happen on the right side, as it seems right now with the Ford Angelia being on the right side of the track as an example.

Last edited:
Ive been saying thestral carriage since the beginning. And since they're invisible to muggles that solves that problem. Of course I would love to see a thestral AA in the ride so not sure how that would work

Except they make a lot of money selling gear and wands to people so that they aren't muggles.

Being a muggle or not has nothing to do with if you can see thestrals. You can only see them if you witnessed death (seen someone die).

I'd hope there's only a smaller percentage of theme park goers that applies to.

I know a wizard can't see one until they see death, but if a muggle sees death, they can see a thestral?

I know a wizard can't see one until they see death, but if a muggle sees death, they can see a thestral?
It’s a good in universe explanation for an animal like the Jersey Devil.
220px-Jersey_Devil_Philadelphia_Post_1909.jpg

Here's where this gets tricky - muggles can see certain magical creatures but not others, and in universe, the creatures muggles can see are so extraordinary (dragons are one example) that they typically just don't believe it. But we learn that muggles can't see dementors in Order of Phoenix. So it's questionable whether we'd see thestrals in canon. That being said - we're all supposed to be muggles on FJ and there are plenty of dementors to be seen there, which proves as always that the parks are very pliable when it comes to all the muggle/wizard divisons from the stories.

I have heard it’s a Thestral cart where we are pulled through a thestral breeding site ran by Hagrid and something goes wrong and the Thestrals fight each other and it’s a highly themed dark ride with musion and limited screens but we can’t see much of it because the thestrals are invisible. Actually it’s just FOH being moved.
without the AA.
That’s what I heard.

Reactions: Tylereapple
You guys aren’t giving JKR/WB/UC enough credit here. The day they introduce something that isn’t jaw-dropping and expectation-surpassing, is the day we can start worrying. They have my trust.

They could easily do a hagrid motorcycle with a sidecar. Preshow could even have hagrid in it explaining that it’s a magic “driverless” motorcycle- and to fit all the people in the room they’re going to cast an “xyz” spell that makes the sidecar bigger. Then you see them cast the spell and the sidecar grows (all on screen/projection). There- no “worry” about riding in a motorcycle- and no “worry” that being in a giant sidecar (which will just be a “normal” roller coaster train) breaks reality.

To go one further- hagrid could tell us all that in a pre-show- and instead of the sidecar growing on screen- they could do a much more impressive “slight of hand” watching the actual train/car grow via visual deception a la platform 9 3/4.

And this is me coming up with it. So if I can come up with an easy idea- you don’t think that flippin JK Rowling can come up with something? Come on y’all.

Being a muggle or not has nothing to do with if you can see thestrals. You can only see them if you witnessed death (seen someone die).

I'd hope there's only a smaller percentage of theme park goers that applies to.
Sweet. There’s one silver lining- I can see a thestral. ;)

You guys aren’t giving JKR/WB/UC enough credit here. The day they introduce something that isn’t jaw-dropping and expectation-surpassing, is the day we can start worrying. They have my trust.

They could easily do a hagrid motorcycle with a sidecar. Preshow could even have hagrid in it explaining that it’s a magic “driverless” motorcycle- and to fit all the people in the room they’re going to cast an “xyz” spell that makes the sidecar bigger. Then you see them cast the spell and the sidecar grows (all on screen/projection). There- no “worry” about riding in a motorcycle- and no “worry” that being in a giant sidecar (which will just be a “normal” roller coaster train) breaks reality.

To go one further- hagrid could tell us all that in a pre-show- and instead of the sidecar growing on screen- they could do a much more impressive “slight of hand” watching the actual train/car grow via visual deception a la platform 9 3/4.

And this is me coming up with it. So if I can come up with an easy idea- you don’t think that flippin JK Rowling can come up with something? Come on y’all.

Sweet. There’s one silver lining- I can see a thestral. ;)

In one of my mumbling tweet periods yesterday, I broke down a idea of how I could see them do the Sidecar, but still somewhat keep it to that there are two different ride types.

The Motorcycle would have a back rest, and that the restraint's would be done differently to where it's more of a lapbar that covers the front and right side of your waist. The seat would act more as a proper sit-down than a motorbike coaster, and that it can include elements like the handle bars, mirrors, and what-not have you.

Then the Side Car, lowered slightly, would have a standard sit-down with it also a lap restraint with additioanl grips on the sidecar itself.

Then, the attraction would have most of it's events on the right side of the car's, so that way the motorcycle rider and the side-car rider can get more, and that both would pose as possibly somewhat different experiences, depending on the airtime.

And as an extra thing, you can make each motorbike/side-car different in colors, so that way it makes you think you are having your own experience with your friend.

And that then, it can be easily explained by Hagrid in a Preshow musion room, that he has taken some time to set things up so you can journey in the motorcycle, with alterations to the design.

That's my best explanation.

Reactions: tankart150
So... a thought just occurred to me. How much do you bet they don't change the locker situation at all from DC, and still require lockers from the absolutely puny locker station?

So... a thought just occurred to me. How much do you bet they don't change the locker situation at all from DC, and still require lockers from the absolutely puny locker station?
I do not think they will require lockers. But I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the station, as optional lockers, and as overflow for FJ. I've used them for FJ to avoid them mess inside personally.

I do not think they will require lockers. But I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the station, as optional lockers, and as overflow for FJ. I've used them for FJ to avoid them mess inside personally.
If they have to keep that awful locker system maybe it could move up to that gigantic queue building. There was no worse feeling than realizing you have to go all the way back to the lockers once you'd walked all the way up there.

Reactions: LJGonz
If they have to keep that awful locker system maybe it could move up to that gigantic queue building. There was no worse feeling than realizing you have to go all the way back to the lockers once you'd walked all the way up there.
I'm guessing, that due to the design of the coaster, that it won't have the restrictions that DC had. So, short of backpacks, there'll probably be no need to use the lockers. ...Just guessing on that, though.

Reactions: Joel and Alicia
I'm guessing, that due to the design of the coaster, that it won't have the restrictions that DC had. So, short of backpacks, there'll probably be no need to use the lockers. ...Just guessing on that, though.
Even that is stupid. When I go on Rock n’ Roller coaster at Disney I’m allowed to put my backpack under my legs and no one ever gives me trouble. On a ride that goes upside down. I don’t know why Universal is so difficult. In fact, I can’t think of a single ride where they force me to use a locker.

One area where Disney is really ahead.

Even that is stupid. When I go on Rock n’ Roller coaster at Disney I’m allowed to put my backpack under my legs and no one ever gives me trouble. On a ride that goes upside down. I don’t know why Universal is so difficult. In fact, I can’t think of a single ride where they force me to use a locker.

One area where Disney is really ahead.
Disney takes over the ownership of their rides and can make their own rules regarding the operation of their attractions. Universal abides by the manufacturer's instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.