Spiderman Technical Problems - Anyone had 'em before? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Spiderman Technical Problems - Anyone had 'em before?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hopped into the park real late today (they closed at 10), and rode Spidey with a deserted queue and the SCOOP to ourselves. Unfortunately this wasn't much of a luxury because the ride was out of sync, did not turn, spin, or tilt at all, only facing forward the whole time, and the audio was off the whole time. It was really weird and dizzying seeing the squenching not synced and all of the back and forth track movements without facing the right direction. During the flying scenes I almost threw up when the screen only makes you feel like you're lurching forward, and the sideways sets added to the confusion.

I'd been on plenty before, so it was cool to see what happens when it dosn't work. I'm glad no on else had to see the malfunction, and the peole who rode with us on our re-ride got to see Spidey at his finest.

Has anyone been on Spidey lately? We were down there for a family vacation a couple of weeks ago and it seemed (to me, at least) that they projectors were off-centered or something. The 3D on the screens (especially the first one when Spidey jumps on the SCOOP) just seemed to be like something was a little off. Maybe it was just me, but I definitely remember riding Spidey A LOT on every single one of our trips in the past and I can't seem to recall this problem. Did anyone else notice this?

Has anyone been on Spidey lately? We were down there for a family vacation a couple of weeks ago and it seemed (to me, at least) that they projectors were off-centered or something. The 3D on the screens (especially the first one when Spidey jumps on the SCOOP) just seemed to be like something was a little off. Maybe it was just me, but I definitely remember riding Spidey A LOT on every single one of our trips in the past and I can't seem to recall this problem. Did anyone else notice this?

I was there a week ago yesterday and all the effects were working and had a great ride. I took some family that flew in from Seattle and it was there first time to IOA and HHN (which we did Thursday night). I was there tour guide, and its really cool to get opinions from people who have never been and are not biased towards one franchise. Everyone's favorite ride btw was between FJ, Spidey, and the Mummy.

Yes, but the team members handled it great... It started at the scene where you started flying because of Doc Oc. ("Well it's good enough for your silly little friends!"), where it just kept moving while we were supposed to ride, and then the rest of the scenes were TOTALLY off sync along with the audio. When we got off, me and my sister were the first to complain (thank goodness, because the other guests obviously didn't know what happened). The Team Member just said "Follow me", took us back through the workers pathway back to the loading area and we rode again, this time without any issues.

One time I went through the flying room and we got no sound or video but we did get the projections on the wall of windows going up and down.

One time I went through the flying room and we got no sound or video but we did get the projections on the wall of windows going up and down.

Yeah, someone on here cleared this up for me on here in the past 10 months. Apparently, one machine can miss the electronic cue in the beginning or even half way through. It will throw that one ride vehicle off for the ride... while all other vehicles are seeing the full show.

So, if they offer you to reride even though you didn't have a bad experience. Complain and reride!

The only problems i've ever had is being stuck in the room with the statue of libery hanging above for 10 minutes, and once the screens suddenly stopped working as well as the audio, which was kind of intersting to see the motions of the vehicle.

I think one time when I rode the Doc Ock heat effect didn't work, but other then that, I've haven't experienced any major problems from all the times I rode.

Last edited:
When i was in Islands of Adventure in August, the Doc Ock heat effect and Hydro Mans water effect weren't working to there full potential. The water effect was working fine when i was in the last row because i'm assuming thats where the water comes from. But i've gotten good sprays before while in the front row. The Doc Ock effect wasn't working good no matter where i was sitting.

The only effect I've ever seen not working is Doc Ock's heat effect, and I've only experienced it a couple of times. Spiderman's always worked well for me other than that. :shrug:

I've only had it mess up once. The screen went black during the last anti-gravity scene and the vehicle jerked around but stayed stationary. It was really rough. Then the picture on the screen started flickering again but that was when we were getting ready to pull into the loading station.

Your homemade Back To The Future Project was awesome

Thanks! It actually turned out a little less than I hoped for, so it is still definetely a work in progress, but no where near ready to show it to someone. But I will be making some new updates soon on that channel concerning the ride, & I wont be satisfied until at least meets if not exceeds my expectations, & Im pretty anal & detail oriented, so the final product will be worthy & definetely wont disappoint any BTTF The Ride fan when it is complete. Stay tuned!

My second ride on it after the upgrade...the vehicle stopped, the screen went blank, we sat there for awhile, and then all of a sudden the vehicle started moving but it took awhile for the projections to come back on...and everything got way out of sync. It sucked for the first timers riding with me, but it was a funny and different ride.

Fortunatelly enough for me, I got my ride mess up caught on video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QeGkFqPlm8

I've only had it mess up once. The screen went black during the last anti-gravity scene and the vehicle jerked around but stayed stationary. It was really rough. Then the picture on the screen started flickering again but that was when we were getting ready to pull into the loading station.

Something very similar happened to me the 2nd time I had an issue on the ride. The first time our car got stuck right by the unload and we were pushed into the vehicle storage room. Sorta exciting to see the behind the scenes of the ride :pop:

Thread resurrection: Spiderman died on me twice this weekend on two different days. Both times were when we entered the room and were "rising" between the skyscrapers. The Scoop didn't turn all the way to the left to view the screen and the panels to the sides it just sort of backed into the room. Then the rest of the ride was a combination of out of sync/silent/no video/random movement other than the last scene before entering the station. As a side note, it appeared the lighting and perhaps some moving components were out of service at the left side of skyscraper scene.

Thread resurrection: Spiderman died on me twice this weekend on two different days. Both times were when we entered the room and were "rising" between the skyscrapers. The Scoop didn't turn all the way to the left to view the screen and the panels to the sides it just sort of backed into the room. Then the rest of the ride was a combination of out of sync/silent/no video/random movement other than the last scene before entering the station. As a side note, it appeared the lighting and perhaps some moving components were out of service at the left side of skyscraper scene.
Happened to us twice last year on different days. Pretty similar to your experience.

Reactions: shawn2
Thought this was a new thread but then I saw an old post of mine from 2010. That’s interesting to see haha. I haven’t had notable issues on Spider Man in years. Hard to believe the ride is almost 20 years old