Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 488 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We should hear something about SNW this year since they said they were giving us updates in that blog released early on.
That was my original point. I find it hard to believe they’ll announce a new park this year - but they promised us new Nintendo details. So I wonder how this plays out.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
How long would it take for plans to be approved? Cause I'm pretty sure they already have blueprints at the ready, they just can't do anything yet.

Months. With just the Nintendo land, we saw, what was it, six months between the dates on plans that leaked and when they leaked. There were revisions still being done at that time. At that's one land. I'm not sure if the lawsuit will hold that up or if they are already having preliminary meeting with the County. We know they are already doing stormwater plans, and building plans on the 100 acre property. But the main project will be submit, wait for response and revisions. Make revisions, resubmit. There might even be public meeting involved with this.

I disagree. As great as Diagon Alley is, I doubt JK Rowling would’ve agreed to let it be the first HP land to be built. The most recognizable location in HP is Hogwarts, just as the most recognizable Nintendo IP is Mario. I’ll be shocked if Mario isn’t first.
Mario is first. Worldwide he’ll be first. Why would they hold everything at the other Orlando parks hostage waiting for the third park if plans are ready?

This is yet another reason why they should’ve just stuck to the KidZone plan if Mario has to absolutely be first.

Question time:

If Nintendo World phase 1 really is going to go in the new park, how will Universal Orlando handle announcing "more details" about it this year, as promised?

Do y'all really think we'll see an announcement for the new park this year? Or even an announcement that includes a sentence or two mentioning a new park that hasn't even broke ground yet, (and apparently the content of which is still very much in flux?)

Something I've been pondering.
They could just show pictures from Osaka and say "look, we're building Super Nintendo World.... in Japan!"

I think they still could, but with a new park and a potential lost continent replacement in the works, they still might be eager to replace KidZone, but their focus could be elsewhere and since what it would replacing wouldn't be high capacity to begin with they could just take the easy/cheap way out..
I think it's best to spread out the Nintendo properties across the different parks, ala Potter.

Mario is first. Worldwide he’ll be first. Why would they hold everything at the other Orlando parks hostage waiting for the third park if plans are ready?

This is yet another reason why they should’ve just stuck to the KidZone plan if Mario has to absolutely be first.
Disagree, you don't get much bigger of a headliner for a new park than Mario. The only other BIG headliner they might have is LotR for Park 3, but I feel like that's a pretty different demographic than Mario.

Last edited:
I disagree. As great as Diagon Alley is, I doubt JK Rowling would’ve agreed to let it be the first HP land to be built. The most recognizable location in HP is Hogwarts, just as the most recognizable Nintendo IP is Mario. I’ll be shocked if Mario isn’t first.

But like, what’s the difference if Mario comes first or second? That’s what I don’t understand. If he is so recognizeable, people are gonna come see him either way

Disagree, you don't get much bigger of a headliner for a new park than Mario. The only other BIG headliner they might have is LotR for Park 3, but I feel like that's a pretty different demographic than Mario.
I was using the context that no other Nintendo land could open before Mario. To me that’s BS. If I’m waiting longer for Mario than at least open Zelda beforehand. No need to wait just so Mario is first.

Edit: the only thing I see having to logically wait for Mario to open in Orlando is Mario in Hollywood. If Universal wants this as the third park’s big draw I could see them wanting it exclusively there for at least a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
But like, what’s the difference if Mario comes first or second? That’s what I don’t understand. If he is so recognizeable, people are gonna come see him either way
I agree that people will come see Mario regardless, but not everyone is going to come see Zelda. If you open Mario first, you’re going to get a huge attendance surge for people that want to see Mario. If you open Zelda after that, you’ll still get a sizable attendance spike for people that want to see Zelda because Mario is there, too. I don’t think that will work as well the other way around. In my mind, Mario is the anchor for Nintendo’s presence in the parks. All of the other Nintendo IP’s will build off of that, and will benefit from having Mario there first.

Reactions: Ashhanbre and jrn14
I agree that people will come see Mario regardless, but not everyone is going to come see Zelda. If you open Mario first, you’re going to get a huge attendance surge for people that want to see Mario. If you open Zelda after that, you’ll still get a sizable attendance spike for people that want to see Zelda because Mario is there, too. I don’t think that will work as well the other way around. In my mind, Mario is the anchor for Nintendo’s presence in the parks. All of the other Nintendo IP’s will build off of that, and will benefit from having Mario there first.
yeah, but I'm greedy and impatient and I want my Zelda land now :grin:

What if Pokemon were to open first? Then you squeeze Zelda in the middle, then Mario/Mushroom Kingdom as the grand finale.

I think you're overthinking things, personally.

Reactions: Mike S
If they aren't opening with Mario first, they should open with Pokémon playground or whatever. Kidstown needs to be replaced more than LC does. I'd also argue that Pokémon is the bigger franchise on a merchandise basis. I see Zelda selling the least amount of Nintendo merch compared to other properties.

Reactions: fryoj
If they aren't opening with Mario first, they should open with Pokémon playground or whatever. Kidstown needs to be replaced more than LC does. I'd also argue that Pokémon is the bigger franchise on a merchandise basis. I see Zelda selling the least amount of Nintendo merch compared to other properties.
Pokemon is more popular than Zelda, but I’d argue that LC needs to be replaced MUCH more.

Reactions: youhow2