Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They had something similar at AK also. It also was short lived. I just don't think there's a ton of interest in those types of attractions in today's world. That's probably something that would have gone over better back in the 1950's and 1960's world.
At least the Discovery Boats at DAK were originally intended to have show scenes (sort of) with a fire-breathing dragon, etc, but due to budget cuts it was just a very slow terrible mode of transportation.

Today, only the right side Friendship Boat route is used at Epcot, but I actually use it all the time, because I like to have lunch in Morocco and hate having to walk all the way there. They better never get rid of my Morocco express boat!

Today, only the right side Friendship Boat route is used at Epcot, but I actually use it all the time, because I like to have lunch in Morocco and hate having to walk all the way there. They better never get rid of my Morocco express boat!
do they have scheduled times? I can never seem to catch them, but I really only go to Epcot for the german snacks, haha. Brats + Frankfurters + GREAT Pretzels = :eat:

woah, what? what was this like?

This thread has some good pics of it: The Bypass Bridge | Inside Universal Forums

Yet to find a video of the tour, but I'm looking!

They had something similar at AK also. It also was short lived. I just don't think there's a ton of interest in those types of attractions in today's world. That's probably something that would have gone over better back in the 1950's and 1960's world.

Here this is: .

Word is guests complained that it was a boring ride, when it really was just meant to be transportation. You did get to see, however, the dragon-in-the-cave right outside Camp Minnie Mickey! Haven't been to DAK since Pandora, but I read you can still see it from the bridge from Harambe.

Does anyone have an overhead shot of the lagoon....That would be most helpful.

DfTNoph.jpg

This is the aluminum platforms from overhead for Water world. So they could be permanent and depending on the shapes and locations we can learn a lot more.

There never was an AA. Due to budget cuts it was just a fire effect coming out of a cave. (And the cave is still there, covered in vines, visible from Nomad Lounge, next to the bridge between Africa and Pandora.)

There was however, a full size Iguanodon AA in front of Dinoland

View attachment 6387
Maybe for the 20th anniversary they should do a one time reopening of the attraction for an after hours, separately ticketed event. They don't have to repair any effects really, just take the guests through the old tour and see the old environments and do the old spiel. I'd pay.

Reactions: tankart150
If the bottom of the lagoon is in fact gunite, then I wonder if they are screwing the legs of the platforms to the floor...

just musing out loud. :)
Considering the amount of gunk on the bottom by now, I'd think they'd have to drain and clean first. I mean, if Jungle can get 4 feet of gunk in a year, how much has washed in there since 1990? LOL

Eh. I’m not convinced there will be another viewing location, but who knows. I don’t think there’s any useable space that can be reconfigured like Central Park
Battery Park could be "enhanced" to make for a better viewing experience/make the capacity in that area higher for the show.

They'd argue they have one: the lights at Hogwarts.
And DAK has the Tree of Life show which is just as passive, but no one goes around calling that their nighttime show over there. I know the SUITS would argue that it's their nighttime show, but that doesn't make them right. Especially when it's not nightly.

Will the stage be for performers or maintenance (fire effects)?

I’m not sure anyone knows, well, if they do, they are not saying much. I know I brought up performers, but the only reason I did is because I recall reading that AK was doing a show with performers on a barge or something and then during rehearsals, performers kept slipping and boats or barges move based on water movement and such.

I thought an easy solution might be a submerged plexiglass stage over the water...but i’ve never seen the AK show nor world of color nor waterworld...so I have no real clue about shows at theme parks these days.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit