Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 285 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think my views may be to do with coming from the UK, where we are used to Merlin always doing dark themes, similar to the look (emphasis on look) of this attraction. I don't want a ''plastic pink castle", I just want something that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

I think my views may be to do with coming from the UK, where we are used to Merlin always doing dark themes, similar to the look (emphasis on look) of this attraction. I don't want a ''plastic pink castle", I just want something that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.
They did take several months just to choose the look of the windows then more to get the signage just how they wanted them so lazy is not a description i would choose. Different than what i would have done yes but not lazy

idk I think it kind of fits with San Fransisco's warehouse look, and Universal has a ton of visible warehouses and soundstages anyways, so I'm just glad it's themed at all

As a UK person, I will compare the building to Derren Brown's Ghost Train. Both are industrial and warehouse based, but unlike dbgt, supercharged lacks any sense of doing something interesting baser on buildings, not the actual ride. At the end of the day, it's my opinion but I just cannot praise something I find lazy.

As a UK person, I will compare the building to Derren Brown's Ghost Train. Both are industrial and warehouse based, but unlike dbgt, supercharged lacks any sense of doing something interesting baser on buildings, not the actual ride. At the end of the day, it's my opinion but I just cannot praise something I find lazy.
I think people are confused as to what you are disliking. What would you change about the building?

Reactions: Andysol
The argument about the facade reminds of the arguments about the lack of a facade for Hallow'd Past at HHN in 2010. That too took place in a warehouse.

The story starts in a warehouse in San Fransisco. The facade is an accurate recreation of a warehouse located in San Francisco. I mean, what do you expect?

The argument about the facade reminds of the arguments about the lack of a facade for Hallow'd Past at HHN in 2010. That too took place in a warehouse.

The story starts in a warehouse in San Fransisco. The facade is an accurate recreation of a warehouse located in San Francisco. I mean, what do you expect?
I mean... it's still not exactly a pretty facade. Even if it's "supposed to look ugly," it's still a problem if it looks ugly, imo.

Reactions: Ashhanbre

Seeing this in person- it doesn't stick out whatsoever. If anything, it blends into the background. It is behind the other buildings. So outside of standing right in front of it, you really only notice/see it from across the lake- and even then it blends into the background.
I actually think it adds to the San Fran area and gives it depth. All the other facades in USF are one building. This one is behind other buildings giving it true depth, and not just the appearance of depth (like the painted facades in NY, as an example)

The front part is accurate but the back is a concrete box. These buildings I have just found online look so much better
images

images

images
images

I'm referring to the actual buildings so front building is brick and back building is the concrete one

I can’t deal with this discussion
This is what it comes to when we're stuck in the waiting period. We've run out of things to talk about. Let's just get this thing open and then go about our lives pretending this never happened.

Honestly, I think if there's a gripe to be had with this project, it's that they didn't add another restroom. The current one is already packed and this attraction is only going to make it worse.

Last edited:
This is what it comes to when the we're stuck in the waiting period. We've run out of things to talk about. Let's just get this thing open and then go about our lives pretending this never happened.

Honestly, I think if there's a gripe to be had with this project, it's that they didn't add another restroom. The current one is already packed and this attraction is only going to make it worse.
There are 2 restrooms within 100 ft of this attraction. And two more within 150ft.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Old theme park saying, "You can point a tourist to a restroom, but you can't force him to use that one"...;) from the same guy that came up with "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force him to drink it"

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit