Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

"But that one's down an alley, and alleys are gross."
You know what else is gross? Hs.

6c1a46778a3e4a33ddef0244e3afbae9.gif

Fast & Furious: Supercharged is most comparable to Skull Island: Reign of Kong, which is another transplant from Universal Studios Hollywood‘s Tram Tour. Guests board the same ride vehicle, and the attraction’s climax is also a 360-degree “tunnel.”

OI fun fact
The Orlando version of Fast & Furious features several exclusive elements, including two new characters from the movies and the 15 “highly-accurate” replicas of the cars.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged – queuing explained
At Fast & Furious: Supercharged, you will not wait in a physical line for more than a few minutes. This is because of the way the attraction is designed; on busier days, guests will need to nab a return time either on the Universal Orlando app or via kiosks stationed nearby – a process which Universal officially calls Virtual Line.

Once it’s your time to return, you will enter into a waiting area where you’ll be able to inspect the characters’ various vehicles (including Letty’s turbo truck, designed exclusively for the attraction), Tej’s war room, and more.

Wait – how does Express work with Virtual Line?
Express Passes work in a very interesting way with Supercharged (and other Virtual Line attractions): rather than rerouting you to a separate, shorter queue, the ride’s attendants will simply have you skip the return-time process, allowing you to walk right on whenever you’d like.

Was any of this officially confirmed?

The brick part looks alright at best but feels rather basic. However, the actual warehouse looks awful, shameful for a company like Universal who can build good theming, such as for wizarding world of Harry potter. It's lazy and unecessary

I agree to an extent.. I mean when you think that in the 60s Disney built an entire area called New Orleans Square to basically mask a HUGE show building, with layers and depth of theming, you have to think how much cooler of a setting Universal could have created.

But lest we forget this is the company that allows chunks of show building for Forbidden Journey to be visible from on stage. Universal has stepped up their game tenfold, no doubt, but they still haven't jumped all of the way there.

Universal has stepped up their game tenfold, no doubt, but they still haven't jumped all of the way there.
I really like this statement.
I don't understand how everyone talks about rumored projects as though they will be a massively better than anything ever built before when every time details get released for a new attraction they are disappointed by what they see. Comcast set a new precedent for for the universal theme parks, but it seems like somehow fans started interpreting that as them always doing the unprecedented.

I really like this statement.
I don't understand how everyone talks about rumored projects as though they will be a massively better than anything ever built before when every time details get released for a new attraction they are disappointed by what they see. Comcast set a new precedent for for the universal theme parks, but it seems like somehow fans started interpreting that as them always doing the unprecedented.

They should be praised for the steps they have taken to heighten theme, story, and innovation. But we still need to hold their feet to the fire when they leave show buildings unexposed when they could easily hide them, when they build a great new themed water park but they could have clearly gone the extra mile with theming the rivers, the slides/towers etc. I love the parks, but they still haven't fully committed to truly fleshed out worlds. Daigon was definitely a major step, as there are little to no flaws in the immersion level.