Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

The argument about the facade reminds of the arguments about the lack of a facade for Hallow'd Past at HHN in 2010. That too took place in a warehouse.

The story starts in a warehouse in San Fransisco. The facade is an accurate recreation of a warehouse located in San Francisco. I mean, what do you expect?

And as someone currently living in San Francisco, it really feels like a warehouse that I would find here.

When @TPC suggests how basic the warehouse facade looks, it's important to note that the style isn't supposed to look decked out or less than basic, but moreso an accurate representation of the warehouses in San Francisco. When walking down 8th street in San Francisco on my daily commute, I come across buildings that look like the facade everyday. The accuracy is nearly identical. Is it interesting? No. Is it accurate? Definitely.

The facade takes it's design elements from The Oriental Warehouse at 650 Delancey Street in San Francisco. It was built is 1867 for the Pacific Mail Steamship Co. They were the company that first established regular mail service to the Orient. They were also one of the largest importers of Asian goods.

The outside of the building looks pretty much the same.

a690da45627410e48b3ebef5de45ee91.jpg

But the inside is now high end lofts.

oriental_loft_4.jpg

Last edited:
Watch it becomes the most popular ride in the park...LOL.

I mean I've said all along that I expect the general park goers to enjoy it quite a bit. Fallon has pretty high guest satisfaction from what I understand.

I think the ride's been overly demonized here and in the fan community. To be clear, I don't think the thing is gonna be good, but it's not going to cause riots in the streets of USF like some people here seem to believe.