Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 298 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is coming from a non-enthusiast, sadly she thought it was a preview
e37e59526b45f33d424d06d54508d649.png

I guess, to be fair, I can't really give an honest & fair review until I actually experience this when I visit the park in mid May....But from what I've heard and seen, I'm giving my team of emois, that I'll probably be using, some exercise, so they'll be ready to express what they think of F&F and T.C..:smash: :blackeye: :ack: :'( :curse: :puke::yuck:. This way, they'll be in top shape when it comes time for the review. ;)....Who knows, maybe I'll be wrong....Nahhhh:lol:

Last edited:
Another issue with F&F I forgot to mention was the audio during the Street Chase. I know it’s in technical rehearsal but it was hard to hear what the charcters were saying with all the action going on
If it’s like kong- Audio comes from two sources. In vehicle and outside the vehicle in each room.

For kong:
In-vehicle is the primary and is loudest- has the voices and majority of audio.
Out of vehicle is simple background noise and some bass.

Make it known - as that’s the purpose of the TM preview. Hopefully that’s sorted out with some audio calibration.

Reactions: Joel
Makes me question the taste of the others.
So because not everyone loves Kong like you that makes them not credible? Kong's queue and facade are great, but the ride, aside from the Kong AA, is fairly mediocre.

Anybody want to give a full spoiler summary on what happens?
OK...

So first a quick explanation of virtual queue and how it's different than Fallon. For this ride, VQ is basically like getting a Fastpass for the ride as they will be running the Stand-by line during all hours of operation for this attraction and honestly VQ doesn't seem like it will save a ton of time (of course we'll see when they are using it with guests soon).

Queue is a lot like Test track in terms of theming. There's an outside garden, inside warehouse and then you've reached the point where they bring you in to Pre-show #1. This can be either a guy or a girl and the characters name is a Unisex "Pat". The two times I was in the preshow (only rode once - one time the ride broke down on me), they picked someone out from the center of the room and told them to dance, putting that person on the spot. I do not think this will last. Once everyone is in the room Mia Torretto comes on and introduces Tej on a screen. They start talking about a bunch of crap and then We move to Pre-Show room #2 - the War Room. Another actor is in this room playing the part of a technician I believe. We continue to see Tej and then he talks to Dom and Hobbs.

This moves us to load... the load is very much like it is for Kong, except there are two load areas and two separate lines you can enter (don't always follow the person in front of you). Once loaded, a bunch of lights start flashing around just to make sure you know it's a Party Bus. Hobbs comes on the screen to tell us what the "mission" is and then we pull up on the Part scene. It was pretty awkward and a lot longer than I thought it would be... a lot of just staring at that scene and not much going on. Then we pull into the 360 room and unless you are sitting in the middle of the bus, it couldn't be more obvious that you are in a room surrounded by screens. There were some effects that I wasn't expecting that tried to make it feel more "action-y", but all it did was make me more confused as I couldn't see what was going on on the screens.

Then as soon as the 360 scene abruptly ends, the ride is over and you pull into the station to get off. The End.

So, short of the incredible queue...
I would hardly call it an "incredible queue". It's a nice queue, but incredible is not a word that comes to mind. I imagine waiting in that queue and listening to club songs like "Turn Down For What" on a loop will get tiring after awhile.

Questions for those who have ridden:

1) Is the driver just an inanimate prop? Is it super obvious?
2) The ride not being in 3D, does that reduce the effectiveness of the 360 tunnel?

Thanks.
I honestly didn't even notice a driver. And as I said in my last post, I do think that not having those glasses which darken your vision hurt the effectiveness of it because it makes the edges of the screen sooooo much more visible. Do I think 3D would've enhanced this ride or would've been worth it to have though? No.

Ok well if they were forced to build this then whatever, I would have been pissed too. Same for Fallon I'm guessing. Where's the bleeding edge technology though come on Thierry, that's was wrong to say I agree totally. Smh
Yep, when you suck at the corporate tit you do what they say. The execution is lacking but they did produce rides that sate the GP. Hope we can move on to good things now

Reactions: Cheezbat
No, they only had 40 spots available. A lot of people on Twitter aren't happy because they were having trouble processing checkout and it didn't "register" even though spots were available.

Also... 40 spots.....?

The bus holds more than that....
Yeah, took me to the info page and then booted me. I must not be social enough for them. Budget too small to get burgers for more than 40?

Reactions: SeventyOne
When universal Florida opened, a lot of the rides were based off the California tram stops. But instead of just recreating those experiences, they went a step further and created full theme park rides out of them. King Kong, Earthquake; and Jaws were all huge improvements over what had been created in California.

The fact that we are in almost 2020, and Comcast has decided that just building clones of screen tram rides is “ok” in its premiere theme park is just sad.

I really hope they try a bit harder from here on out.

The new Potter ride sounds promising ; and Nintendo would sounds fantastic in concept. Please don’t screw those up!!

Well said.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
No, they only had 40 spots available. A lot of people on Twitter aren't happy because they were having trouble processing checkout and it didn't "register" even though spots were available.

Also... 40 spots.....?

The bus holds more than that....

If they have cameras at the event and everybody is gushing over how good the ride is then we know it’s all fake.

I think this is going to be another case where the more you ride it, the more you begin to like it. I rode it yesterday morning and then again at 9:45 at night. The 9:45 ride was a lot better. Also more of the effects were working which added to it.

It’s also like Kong where it depends on where you sit. First ride I was in the third to last row of the first RV. Second ride I was in the second to last row of the second RV. There was definitely more movement on the second ride. Although I do feel like the sweet spot will be towards the front of the second RV.

I do have to say, the speed tunnel after being dispatched is probably the best part of the ride. It’s such a simple practical effect but it gets everyone on the ride every time. Really cool and really well executed.

At the end of the day however, I still think Kong is better. But this is slightly better than Fallon.

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
Anyone that's ridden, does the speed tunnel effect remind you at all of the old subway tunnel effect when the old ride was traveling to the finale scene on Earthquake/Disaster? Could this be a slight homage to the original attraction in the space? Thanks.

Nah. Kong is legit great. Top 5 at the resort.
Hmm- top 5? I enjoy Kong quite a bit, but I can think of several better for me- I think most would agree.
Better than FJ, Gringotts, Mummy, Spider-Man, MiB?
Or Hulk, JP, Popeye, HE, Transformers, even Krakatau?

I could see an argument for top 10- but top 5- id have to think you’re in the significant minority there.

To bring it back- F&F- a brand new ride in 2018 with a massive footprint and IP- will have a tough time getting in the top 15. Whereas the new HP coaster next year I could easily see being in the top 5.