Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 313 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's..not entirely true, it may be hard, but I would say it's not impossible.

Idk, hard to gain that sense of immersion, and admiration of theming while going 60+ Mph. Would be a waste of UC to even create an AA thats is expensive, while the cart passes it by going 60+. For me its either do another Potter type coaster(whice they wont for obvious reasons) or create an extremely immersive dark ride

Idk, hard to gain that sense of immersion, and admiration of theming while going 60+ Mph. Would be a waste of UC to even create an AA thats is expensive, while the cart passes it by going 60+. For me its either do another Potter type coaster(whice they wont for obvious reasons) or create an extremely immersive dark ride

To bring up a dead trope of mine, Phantasialand has quite a few high intensity coasters. But guess what? They're expertly themed, and well blended into the environments that are in play.

Depending on what they do, it could be rather easy to do something JP themed with a high intensity coaster.

Im leaning towards family friendly for what its worth in terms of whats coming.
That's what I have heard the most, but I wanted to mention that there is a growing rumor that it might be RMC.

I believe it was even mentioned in a blog recently recapping all the rumors.

DanBho6WkAMxVyW.jpg:large

Just going to leave this here...........

Looking at this- I wouldn’t be opposed to them putting something over the water. I’d much prefer that over walkways. Coasters over walkways is pretty cheap and dumb looking to me. And if they went over the water- they’d have ample room for a C-level dark ride.
Both rides could queue through Discovery Center with an updated restaurant and lobby

To bring up a dead trope of mine, Phantasialand has quite a few high intensity coasters. But guess what? They're expertly themed, and well blended into the environments that are in play.

Depending on what they do, it could be rather easy to do something JP themed with a high intensity coaster.
Im not saying it cant be done, but to me it seems like a waste of such an iconic IP where you have people speeding 60+ mph past theming. Next JP ride needs to be an intricately immersive attraction, JMHO

Im not saying it cant be done, but to me it seems like a waste of such an iconic IP where you have people speeding 60+ mph past theming. Next JP ride needs to be an intricately immersive attraction, JMHO
Like finally the technology is at a place where they could have immersive dinosaur "exhibits" and interaction (beyond triceratops encounter) and the most likely attraction is a roller coaster. I don't want to keep beating a dead horse (but i'm gonna real quick) if Disney was bungling JP this thread would be criticism city.

I think the best JP ride in Orlando is Dinosaur. lol

Reactions: Jones14
That's what I have heard the most, but I wanted to mention that there is a growing rumor that it might be RMC.

I believe it was even mentioned in a blog recently recapping all the rumors.

Oh god no. Ok throw RMC out, Parkscope (us) is doing a tongue in cheek push for an RMC in Orlando with our choice being BTMR. Still, RMC is so unique and different I could see it working out. It's not just "another wooden coaster".

Reactions: Ryno27

Just because Uni uses Kong and FF slow tram type trackless tech, doesnt mean there isnt more extreme trackless tech out there. Hell, Mystic manor and Ratatouille are faster than Kong and FF
Haha, idk that kinda looked like Kilimanjaro safaris to me, going kinda fast isn’t very extreme imo. Also looks like a liability nightmare. Probably would be closed all the time due to storms and heavy winds.

Reactions: Ryno27
Honestly the only reason i'm slightly tentative about this project is because I don't want it to feel redundant with the Potter Coaster having been just added. Other than that, JP needs a new addition as it has a lot of wasted space.
Idk personally it seems like these two attractions will be quite different if rumors are true, seems the potter coaster is going to be very well themed and pretty fast, not what I would call very intense though

Nothing like any coaster at any of these places, it’s a very intense coaster filled with quick turns and a LOT of airtime, I would compare it most to steel vengeance, even though that isn’t opened yet.

Was it smooth? I know that seems like a weird question but the most surprising thing I found about Twisted Colossus was how smooth it was. First time was 2 months after opening and then 2 years after opening and it still felt buttery smooth.

Idk personally it seems like these two attractions will be quite different if rumors are true, seems the potter coaster is going to be very well themed and pretty fast, not what I would call very intense though
I dunno, it's still two outdoor coasters in neighboring lands added consecutively in a park that could really use more indoor attractions, in a land that could really use an up-to-date, immersive, state-of-the-art experience.

Reactions: belloq87
I dunno, it's still two outdoor coasters in neighboring lands added consecutively in a park that could really use more indoor attractions, in a land that could really use an up-to-date, immersive, state-of-the-art experience.
I do agree it would be nice to have something like this be indoor, IOA has no indoor thrills except FJ all the way at the back of the park, but it's not like a coaster like this can't be indoors. Still hoping for the Amber mines personally.

IF you're looking for "an up-to-date, immersive, state-of-the-art experience," I'd look at RA that's supposedly about to get a BIG refurb with new AAs and such.

and technically, this park recently lost two outdoor coasters:'(, don't remind me

Status
Not open for further replies.