Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been awhile since I've read up on this ride. Scanned back multiple pages before posting. My understanding this is an outdoor coaster with indoor scenes. Heard a rumor recently that the entire ride would be enclosed. Any truth to this?
Not true. Mostly outside. And even the inside bits will be brief.

That's not to say it will not be heavily themed. And there will be several AAs, even outside.

The layout still seems off, if the rectangles are outside AA's, the current layout sure doesn't use them well. I'd assume the track goes parallel to both of them, one of the left, one on the right to be fair to both sides of riders. Plus, I sure hope the little round show building isn't taken at speed, as it will be almost unseeable during the day. So, I'd expect a straight launch out of it. Plus obviously the final show building should have a pretty big, slow section. Likely entering in one end, and coming out the other.

I don't know the source of the layout, perhaps someone infinitely more knowledgeable than me.

The layout still seems off, if the rectangles are outside AA's, the current layout sure doesn't use them well. I'd assume the track goes parallel to both of them, one of the left, one on the right to be fair to both sides of riders. Plus, I sure hope the little round show building isn't taken at speed, as it will be almost unseeable during the day. So, I'd expect a straight launch out of it. Plus obviously the final show building should have a pretty big, slow section. Likely entering in one end, and coming out the other.

I don't know the source of the layout, perhaps someone infinitely more knowledgeable than me.
The little rectangles are mechanical rooms for show elements. The AAs are nearby but not right there. The little rooms are set farther back on purpose, to be hidden from the path.

The little rectangles are mechanical rooms for show elements. The AAs are nearby but not right there. The little rooms are set farther back on purpose, to be hidden from the path.

ANd the current layout practically hits each one. And in quick succession. I'd hope the encounters are better spaced. I was hoping for a lot more show building, honestly. With the right amount of trees, this could still be great, and amazing at night, which is a tiny fraction of IOA hours.

Reactions: WowFactor
ANd the current layout practically hits each one. And in quick succession. I'd hope the encounters are better spaced. I was hoping for a lot more show building, honestly. With the right amount of trees, this could still be great, and amazing at night, which is a tiny fraction of IOA hours.
The AAs will be where the ride slows down. There’s a few fast coaster parts without characters, only theming, cause you’re going too fast to notice them anyway.

EDIT: And keep in mind, that track layout isn’t entirely accurate.

Last edited:
The AAs will be where the ride slows down. There’s a few fast coaster parts without characters, only theming, cause you’re going too fast to notice them anyway.

EDIT: And keep in mind, that track layout isn’t entirely accurate.

I hope the round building is a brake run Maybe hagrid's hut? Eyes need time to adjust in the insane Florida sun.

Reactions: Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.