Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 300 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The studios park 's only saving grace is Diagon Alley, The Mummy, and Men and Black. the rest of the attractions are the same old simulator with a different film.

*points towards your avatar*

Yeah, don't forget ET! And Horror Makeup is still a great show, too.

But yeah, after that... it does get a pretty same-y. Individually the rides are fine (or maybe not fine in Fast & Furious' case), but taken together there's just not as much diversity as there should be in the park.

It's funny hearing all the comparisons back to Disaster.

It makes you reflect back to why that attraction stands out.

It was part of the attraction style that actually immersed you into a movie and be a part of it.

Not let you watch a it on a screen as you drive by. By no means am I trying to bring up the screens suck debate for the infinityth time.

It's funny hearing all the comparisons back to Disaster.

It makes you reflect back to why that attraction stands out.

It was part of the attraction style that actually immersed you into a movie and be a part of it.

Not let you watch a it on a screen as you drive by. By no means am I trying to bring up the screens suck debate for the infinityth time.
The thing is screens don't suck. It's just the crazy amount of them that almost overwhelms you and, when in line for the ride makes you say "3D again?" or something like that.

The rides on their own (aside from F&F) at all at least pretty good all around experiences. I wouldn't necessarily call Fallon that great of a ride, but the experience overall is passable on it's own. But when you keep going from one 3D/screen ride to the next, it just becomes a lot of the same.

I think the screens debate has been misunderstood for quite awhile.

not to go off topic, but I agree that IOA is a much better park. Although I dislike shooting arcade rides, so Men in Black is low on my priority list.

I know this board seems to hate roller coasters for some strange reason, but I like HRRR a lot, as well as the Mummy. Everything else is just ok. Diagon is an incredible "land", but it's main attraction is too reliant on screens for thrills.

Last edited:
not to go off topic, but I agree that IOA is a much better park. Although I dislike shooting arcade rides, so Men in Black is low on my priority list.

I know this board seems to hate roller coasters for some strange reason, but I like HRRR a lot, as well as the Mummy. Everything else is just ok. Diagon is an incredible "land", but it's main attraction is too reliant on screens for thrills.
I actually like USF much more than IOA, despite the fact that it goes against my own personal distaste for USF's current imbalance. I love Spider-Man, FJ and Hulk, but those are really the only rides I care about over there. CitH is fine since it's always a 5 min wait, but it's not what it used to be. Kong is a decent ride, but not worth the waits and I don't like water rides, so the park having three of them just turns me off. Storm Force is pretty fun for what it is.

USF does have a lot of things I really enjoy like MiB, Mummy, Horror Make-up, Diagon Alley, Transformers, Springfield/Simpsons (although the ride system is showing it's age), etc.

USF also has a LOT more live entertainment than IOA imo. Marylin Monroe show, Beat Builders, Sing-It, Fallon Queue (Hashtag, Ragtime Gals), Celestina Warbeck, Blues Brothers, Animal Actors, etc).

Last edited:
yeah but I like Springfield a lot, I enjoy ET, I think Transformers is great, RRR, is aight... and I just like the the restaurants/shows/street entertainment, and the layout more than IOA. I do really miss Disaster (which felt fresh and different every time) and JAWS which I was a huge fan of, a lot. Although I can't say I miss Twister that much, It's disenchanting all the practical attractions are being replaced with more and more simulators. However!

I think there are some great attractions at IOA, but I do not care for the circular layout of the place. AT USF nothing seems all that far away, and I feel like you're really free to visit attractions in whatever order you please. AT IOA you're kind of forced to follow the circular flow of the park, or just retrace your steps over and over again. Also I actually think the water rides in Toon Lagoon are fantastic, but those are usually a one a day attractions and depending on the weather might require a full change of clothes or just being uncomfortable all day. Dr. Suess land is really neat looking and I do enjoy the attractions there, but it's nothing that I feel I must do or do more than once. Same with Lost Continent, it's ok... I haven't felt inclined to see Sindbad in over 10 years and though I do quite enjoy Posedion's fury it's a once a vacation experience usually. Then there are things in the good lands I don't really utilize like The Pterydon flyers, storm force xcelleration, the flight of the hippogriff... etc... Also the street entertainment is either almost non existent or very well hidden compared to USF.

Reactions: tankart150
I prefer USF too, actually. IOA has some of my favorite attractions ever with Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey, but outside of that there's not much I care for. Kong and Hulk are enjoyable but not rides I'd go out of my way for, I like the water rides (especially Popeye) but skip them 99% of the time, and pretty much everything else is some sort of flat ride. Meanwhile at USF, I love Diagon Alley/Gringotts, Springfield/Simpsons, Men in Black, Mummy, E.T., and even Fallon I do very often. While that park may have screenz overload, I usually pass on stuff like Transformers/Despicable Me.

MUST.RENEW.ANNUAL.PASS

xTgKEQm.gif

The thing is screens don't suck. It's just the crazy amount of them that almost overwhelms you and, when in line for the ride makes you say "3D again?" or something like that.

The rides on their own (aside from F&F) at all at least pretty good all around experiences. I wouldn't necessarily call Fallon that great of a ride, but the experience overall is passable on it's own. But when you keep going from one 3D/screen ride to the next, it just becomes a lot of the same.

I think the screens debate has been misunderstood for quite awhile.

What you describe was my exact experience when I visited Universal Hollywood. I felt like every ride I was shoved in front of a screen or simulator and forced to wear damn 3D glasses.

I'm one for reriding as much as I can, but I was so exhausted with the ride style that I found myself only going back to Jurassic Park and the Mummy repeatedly. Oh and Forbidden Journey, but literally just to look around at all the technology used. I'd take my goggles off and look at all the backstage stuff haha

Reactions: tankart150