Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 314 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if the coaster was mummy-ish I could put on my imagination cap. Something about a long coaster train just doesn't seem conducive to a story telling experience, since the vantage points are so varying. I suppose Everest does but it is supposed to be a literal train. Idk it sounds like Uni has made up there mind so I'll just have to suck it up.

Reactions: truejonas
Felt like last month there was hand wringing UOR was turning its back on thrills and now people don't want more coasters?

Only speaking for myself, I think it's more a matter of the placement being appropriate. Is Jurassic Park really the most appropriate place for an extreme coaster? It seems to me that if a coaster were to come to JP, it should be highly, highly themed to plausibly fit the environment (such as an amber mine, which technically shouldn't even be on Isla Nublar, but it's thematically tied-in to the lore enough that I think most would roll with it).

Reactions: Ryno27
Only speaking for myself, I think it's more a matter of the placement being appropriate. Is Jurassic Park really the most appropriate place for an extreme coaster? It seems to me that if a coaster were to come to JP, it should be highly, highly themed to plausibly fit the environment (such as an amber mine, which technically shouldn't even be on Isla Nublar, but it's thematically tied-in to the lore enough that I think most would roll with it).
Not to get too nerdy but the island at IOA is not Nublar, (or at least wasn't when it opened.) The island is named Isla Aventura and in-story this island is near Orlando, FL. The queue video and the model at the ride entrance go into it in a little more detail. Small changes like the Visitor Center being named Discovery Center also hint that this is a different place.

Following from Wikia:

Jurassic Park: Orlando is dinosaur zoological/theme park located on Isla Aventura, an island near Orlando, Florida. It is described as "the park that John Hammond would have created, given to have an opportunity to have a second chance." The first animals representing 16 species in the park were transported from Site B to Orlando. The park opened in 1999.

The Jurassic Park themed attractions of the Islands of Adventure are meant to be located on this island. In interviews and talks the park staff will pretend like the dinosaurs are real and that they work for this fictional park

Technically speaking, the film-makers intended the Jurassic Park rides to be the "Happy-ending" for Hammond and InGen, though this isn't actually canon. The story is, after Hammond's failed Costa Rican park, Universal allowed him to build a new Jurassic Park on an Island in Orlando near Universal Studios. Steven Spielberg and the ride-developers even went as far as getting Richard Attenborough to reprise his role of John Hammond at the Visitor Center (or Jurassic Park Discovery Center) for an introduction video before the ride.

All that aside, I'm not sure it really matters in-story if they build a coaster here or not, because at the end of the day Jurassic Park is a theme park after all. Heck, Jurassic World in the film has a water park behind the petting zoo, so really anything's fair game if you ask me.

It would suck a little if Uni wasted one of the most successful franchises in history on a coaster with bad sight lines. Not saying we need a forbidden journey e ticket, but the IP deserves a little better treatment than an eyesore coaster (if that’s what it is). And I LOVE coasters. In fact I hope the 3rd gate has a GIANT launch coaster with rolls and all that good stuff just for the fun of it. But not JP

Not to get too nerdy but the island at IOA is not Nublar, (or at least wasn't when it opened.) The island is named Isla Aventura and in-story this island is near Orlando, FL. The queue video and the model at the ride entrance go into it in a little more detail. Small changes like the Visitor Center being named Discovery Center also hint that this is a different place.

Following from Wikia:

Jurassic Park: Orlando is dinosaur zoological/theme park located on Isla Aventura, an island near Orlando, Florida. It is described as "the park that John Hammond would have created, given to have an opportunity to have a second chance." The first animals representing 16 species in the park were transported from Site B to Orlando. The park opened in 1999.

The Jurassic Park themed attractions of the Islands of Adventure are meant to be located on this island. In interviews and talks the park staff will pretend like the dinosaurs are real and that they work for this fictional park

Technically speaking, the film-makers intended the Jurassic Park rides to be the "Happy-ending" for Hammond and InGen, though this isn't actually canon. The story is, after Hammond's failed Costa Rican park, Universal allowed him to build a new Jurassic Park on an Island in Orlando near Universal Studios. Steven Spielberg and the ride-developers even went as far as getting Richard Attenborough to reprise his role of John Hammond at the Visitor Center (or Jurassic Park Discovery Center) for an introduction video before the ride.

All that aside, I'm not sure it really matters in-story if they build a coaster here or not, because at the end of the day Jurassic Park is a theme park after all. Heck, Jurassic World in the film has a water park behind the petting zoo, so really anything's fair game if you ask me.

I am thrilled to learn this backstory! :thumbsup:

As far as your other point goes, if the "story" behind a coaster in JP is that it's actually just a coaster, then that would fit. If in the world of JP, we're riding a coaster, then fine.

I'd still much rather have an attraction that actually involves dinosaurs in a more direct way.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Alicia
Personally, I don't see any scenario where Universal puts a RMC in Jurassic Park. Especially a launched RMC (look at LR's technical issues). But I could easily see a GCI.
RMC did not design the launch on Lightning Rod, it was outsourced to a company with little previous experience. I’m sure they’re more than capable of designing a launch coaster given that it’s design by a company with experience e.g. Premier Rides

Following from Wikia:

There is actually a model of the entire island in JPRA...It's not Nublar, but Aventura

I would love an indoors roller coaster with a lot of theme, but it's not something I think will happen.

I really would love an immersive dark ride, or interactive show of some sort. Something lighter would be nice since River Adventure is a bit dark and scary for the children, but at the same time I'd also love something really thrilling as well.

Reactions: belloq87
Status
Not open for further replies.