Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tips for WDW 9th-19th April 2019

Sep 24, 2017
Forest of Dean, UK
Hi guys. Yesterday my family was able to book a Florida trip for 9th-19th April 2019. We're flying with Virgin Atlantic from Manchester Airport, we've booked a Select Villa, a Cadillac XTS or similar and we've booked 14 day Disney passes. I was just wondering whether as I've never been to FL in April before (we normally go in August), whether anyone could give me an idea as to what the weather is like and what sort of crowd levels I should expect in April etc. Anything is appreciated.
P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Expect pretty large crowds for most of your trip. Easter falls on April 21 in 2019, so the ten to 14 days leading up to that will have fairly large crowds. I'm guessing level 8, 9 and 10 crowds for most of your vacation. Best bet is to study the Fastpass system before you go, so you have it down pat. I would also strongly suggest that you get a Touring Plans subscription five or six months before that date. They'll give you a good touring plan, which you'll need for the long lines you'll encounter, and give you good tips on how & when to use your fastpasses....Weather should be fine. That's one of the best temperature/precipitation levels over the course of a year for Orlando.

Thanks very much @Mad Dog! Out of interest, is April normally any worse than mid-late August, when we normally go, in terms of crowd levels?

Also, great to hear about temperatures and rainfall levels being optimal!

Thanks very much @Mad Dog! Out of interest, is April normally any worse than mid-late August, when we normally go, in terms of crowd levels?

Also, great to hear about temperatures and rainfall levels being optimal!
April is different every year since it's so dependent on when Easter occurs, and subsequent spring breaks. The days you're there will be more like July & early August when it comes to crowd levels.....Example : With an early Easter this year in 2017, it was very very busy until the 7th of April, but this week is fairly slow to moderate crowds.

Also, you must remember crowd patterns are changing are WDW. No longer is there such a thing as a quiet season, especially when capacity is reduced. Although saying that, Easter will still be VERY busy, so sorry to say but you will need to expect long queues.

Also, you must remember crowd patterns are changing are WDW. No longer is there such a thing as a quiet season, especially when capacity is reduced. Although saying that, Easter will still be VERY busy, so sorry to say but you will need to expect long queues.
Exactly. Lines are nearly always at least moderate since WDW cuts ride staffing & vehicles on lesser attendance days....That said, if Matt's vacation was April 28th through May 8th instead, he would probably be experiencing one of the better weeks over the course of the year, crowd wise.

Exactly. Lines are nearly always at least moderate since WDW cuts ride staffing & vehicles on lesser attendance days....That said, if Matt's vacation was April 28th through May 8th instead, he would probably be experiencing one of the better weeks over the course of the year, crowd wise.
Unfortunately I can't go during that period, as I'm taking my GCSEs in 2019 and the education system in the UK is not particularly lenient when it comes to termtime absence.

Even if the queues are horrendously long, I'm sure we'll make the best of it.

By the way, thanks for the tips, everyone!