Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal raises Ticket Prices: 2018 Edition

Gold pass is back on Costco and up $40 to $239.99, parking is still included, and I believe an hour later to get in and park before 6pm. I believe it was 5pm before.

https://www.costco.com/Universal-St...ss-eTicket,-California.product.100414219.html

Universal Studios Hollywood Gold Annual Pass eTicket, California
Item # 2019619

Your Price
239.99$
eDelivery

Features:
  • Come any date on the first visit
  • Over 330 available days for return visits, including 75 weekend days.¹
  • Includes free General Parking before 6:00 p.m.²
  • Valid for 12 consecutive months from selected first visit date
  • Black-out dates apply for return visits
  • First visit must occur on or before 6/15/19
  • Universal City, California
  • Delivered via email

Yeah, later parking entry is correct, but it looks like they took away 7 days, before it was 337 days, now it's 330.

Below is what it was prior.

• 337 available days for return visits, including 83 weekend days.¹
  • Includes free General Parking before 5:00 p.m.²
  • First visit must occur on or before 12/31/17
  • Universal City, California
  • Delivered via email

The Costco gold pass is on sale right now for $199.99.

Universal Studios Hollywood Gold Annual Pass eTicket, California
★★★★★★★★★★4.8 out of 5 stars. Read reviews.

(33)

Item 2019619

Member Only Item

Online Price239.99$

Less40.00$-
Your Price
199.99$
$40 OFF

$40 manufacturer's savings** is valid 7/16/18 through 7/19/18. While supplies last.

eDelivery

Features:
  • Over 330 available days for return visits, including 75 weekend days.¹
  • Includes free General Parking before 6:00 p.m.²
  • First visit must occur on or before 6/15/19

Seriously contemplating renewing my Gold pass soon (The parking is the main motivation for me to buy that tier). I do like how they have bumped the parking time from 5 to 6; it should be free all day like all of the other parks do, but whatevs, I'll take it.

The Platinum Pass is twice as much and I don't see any probable reason on paying that much. Yeah you get a free HHN ticket on a select night (Which is pointless because it's generally a FFP night), free entry to Eve, and FoL for everything, but is that really worth paying $300 more? The only way I would even consider it is if the pass gave you access to both Hollywood and Orlando and there was no time restriction on parking. If I'm paying 600 smackaroos, I better be able to keep my car in that structure! Even then the pass should be worth around 500. 600 is egregious.

They need to offer a bi-coastal pass like Disney does. Platinum sounds like a total joke to me.

Seriously contemplating renewing my Gold pass soon (The parking is the main motivation for me to buy that tier). I do like how they have bumped the parking time from 5 to 6; it should be free all day like all of the other parks do, but whatevs, I'll take it.

The Platinum Pass is twice as much and I don't see any probable reason on paying that much. Yeah you get a free HHN ticket on a select night (Which is pointless because it's generally a FFP night), free entry to Eve, and FoL for everything, but is that really worth paying $300 more? The only way I would even consider it is if the pass gave you access to both Hollywood and Orlando and there was no time restriction on parking. If I'm paying 600 smackaroos, I better be able to keep my car in that structure! Even then the pass should be worth around 500. 600 is egregious.

They need to offer a bi-coastal pass like Disney does. Platinum sounds like a total joke to me.
I find excellent value out of platinum but I go twice a week. For me express is the best.