Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Well they’re doing it, so get over it. Nintendo doesn’t release exact numbers for merch but someone here did bring up that Nintendo does release relative place for how well merch sales do and Zelda was right up there.

So you have nothing more to back your comments up than "I read it somewhere?" K

This reminds me of how you acted months ago when I said Mario made more sense in Park 3 and you tried to mock me...

32 years of pop culture relevance?

Jaws has 40+. Hot Wheels has been around for 50 and would be a merch mover. GI Joe has been around over 50 and has merch and movie tie ins. All of which are more known than Zelda and none will get rides, let alone 7 acres. I still say that if Zelda wasn't part of the Nintendo deal, it would have 0 chance of being in the parks.

Jaws has 40+. Hot Wheels has been around for 50 and would be a merch mover. GI Joe has been around over 50 and has merch and movie tie ins. All of which are more known than Zelda and none will get rides, let alone 7 acres. I still say that if Zelda wasn't part of the Nintendo deal, it would have 0 chance of being in the parks.

I think all of them save for Jaws are about equally well known, but again, I don't get why any of this matters. If it gets a great land, it will move merch. No matter what it'll more than likely bring in more guests and increase spending. If all that happens, it will "deserve" whatever it does or doesn't get.

And none of those properties are part of any deal and Universal doesn’t care for them. You lose.

And none of those properties are part of any deal and Universal doesn’t care for them. You lose.

No. You lose. I don't really care either way. You are the one who is way too invested into this. You still have to wait till 2024 for Mario....

Trying to catch up on this thread has been a little bit of a headache lately. We need new news on this soon, or everyone's gonna eat each other.
That’s what happens when the only big exciting thing on the horizon keeps getting put off.

Sure the third park is exciting but we have no frickin’ idea what’ll be in it. Nintendo is actually something tangible where we mostly know what it’ll be.

For you. Key words.
The Potter coaster is exciting but it’s not really big. The only other confirmed thing we have is the new show replacing T2 and with rumors pointing to Jason Bourne :yawn:

I’ll belive the Ministry is close to happening once Fear Factor closes. I learned enough from the KidZone debacle. “It’ll close this year!!! No, this year!!!” Even then I’m not really excited for it. Confirming Nintendo when they did gave me tunnel vision.

The Potter coaster is exciting but it’s not really big. The only other confirmed thing we have is the new show replacing T2 and with rumors pointing to Jason Bourne :yawn:

I’ll belive the Ministry is close to happening once Fear Factor closes. I learned enough from the KidZone debacle. “It’ll close this year!!! No, this year!!!”

To be fair, it's not like MoM is rumored to go anywhere else. And no, I do not count the D&M article.

I’ll belive the Ministry is close to happening once Fear Factor closes. I learned enough from the KidZone debacle. “It’ll close this year!!! No, this year!!!” Even then I’m not really excited for it. Confirming Nintendo when they did gave me tunnel vision.

That's fine, but they're clearly not going to stop building new rides after Potter. Just because nothing is announced doesn't mean nothing is coming

That's fine, but they're clearly not going to stop building new rides after Potter. Just because nothing is announced doesn't mean nothing is coming

Hell, it's possible that the HP coaster and Bourne aren't the only things coming in 2019. VB is likely to finally get its expansion next year, and Universal can always surprise us with something else.

So you have nothing more to back your comments up than "I read it somewhere?" K

This reminds me of how you acted months ago when I said Mario made more sense in Park 3 and you tried to mock me...

I think comparing old Toy Brands like GI Joe and Hot Wheels to video game is a poor comparison. Sure people like playing with those toys and might have found memories. But people LOVE ZELDA when I was a kid no one talking on the playground about a cool battle they did with there army men they were all talking about how to get out of the water temple (at least until Pokemon came out). Video games especially Zelda stick with people and these people will come, and bring there families, in droves to a new themed area much like a Harry Potter land