Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Regarding the four that aren't happening (as of now)...
If I remember correctly, Legacy said a while back that an IP got 'snowed' - The Thing takes place in the snow so maybe i'm making something out of nothing but I would venture to guess it's one of the four. (Along with, lost boys, IT, and Alien)

Reactions: SeventyOne
This hasn't even been a particularly combative year...

I enjoy speculation. Both sides of it. I do a lot of it before I start alluding to stuff. Aside from a couple of people, I wait until I get the same information from two-three sources before I start talking about details. I pay attention to specific posts from certain individuals that, at first glance, look innocuous but could mean more. I follow context and discussion flow, which can hint to stuff. I read other threads where I KNOW legitimate clues are dropped. Most of all, I care more about the process than the solution. That's why I refer to speculation as a game.

What I struggle with is a mindset that's, "This is what was leaked, so this is what has to happen." It forces the entire conversation into a box. People start getting excited, then potentially devestated, by unverified rumors. Instead of questioning validity, the discussion gets wrapped up in why the leak can't be wrong.

That thought process isn't speculation. Speculation requires doubt and deduction. From where I sit, there's not much of that happening. I have indicated that I have dropped house codenames in posts (1 post here has 2). I have intimated that I was told an IP that IS coming (to a soundstage) that is not on the list and hasn't been speculated at all. Both of those things, to me, are pretty big. No one's asked about them. Sure, maybe I'm being too vague. But if I have to put stuff like that in bold font, it's not speculation.

Legitimately, the only consistent doubt I've seen is if JungleSkip is reputable or not. Even that looks couched in a desire for IT to happen more than actual speculation. So here: I think he's legit. I wouldn't keep referring to him if I didn't.

I love speculation. I just wish there was more actual speculation happening.

Quoting due him putting my thoughts a lot more eloquently than I did at nearly 1 am... :lol:

Sorry if I came across a little hard last night.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Twin Peaks was mentioned in other forums (maybe this one?) before the leaked lineup. Definitely huge with horror fans, has two seasons/ a movie, and definitely enough scary scenes.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
looking through the search results on this thread for "mashup", I saw HoBlum vol. 2 and UCM. Two things not talked about much on this thread anymore.

Like Orlando would just "bring over" something from Hollywood like that. That's not really their MO.

EDIT - And I said it's sort of a "best of," not a mashup.

My guess is Universal Classic Monsters. Seems like a "best of" to me and it was only mentioned a couple of times early on which fit's @Legacy 's criteria.

Universal's House of Horrors could probably be considered black and white, kinda. That's the aesthetic they were going for.

I considered it stylized black and white. Sets certainly were, IIRC. Also Dead Exposure.

Hmm, two solid houses right there, maybe something Creative should attempt again.

I considered it stylized black and white. Sets certainly were, IIRC. Also Dead Exposure.

Hmm, two solid houses right there, maybe something Creative should attempt again.
The rumor for Night of the Living Dead was that they were recoloring Walking dead prosthetics to be black and white to fit in with NotLD's color scheme. Just saying.

Reactions: SeventyOne