Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 312 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel your communication forces your opinion on the rest of the people on this forum. It's probably not your intent but it's how I perceive it. It's not something we do here. You can hate or like a ride as much as you want but respect others opinions.

To judge something on how UC could or should have done doesn't do anything for the end result. I know from reading this amazing forum that a ride is not only made to fulfill a creative urge for UC but are forced upon by management. There is also a fixed budget.
Before the ride was build we all had amazing dreams and had fun in the forum (go and read them, mine was the best imho:grin:) but blue sky is over and the ride should be judged about what is build.
In the end, if the guests hate the ride, it will be closed eventually to make way for something better.
You just used the phrase “the ride SHOULD be judged on what was built” could’ntt you say thats trying to force your opinion on others??

I just watched Tim Trackers video & comments. Basically he said it was good ride, but not great, entertaining and fun. He said it wasn't a new earth shattering ride but he would certainly rather ride it than a ride like Despicable Me Minion Mayhem or Shrek.

I just watched Tim Trackers video & comments. Basically he said it was good ride, but not great, entertaining and fun. He said it wasn't a new earth shattering ride but he would certainly rather ride it than a ride like Despicable Me Minion Mayhem or Shrek.
This is jmo, but I at least think that DMMM has some heart to it. F&F is just confusing as far as storyline. Now Shrek obviously needs to go and I don't think many would argue :lol:

This is jmo, but I at least think that DMMM has some heart to it. F&F is just confusing as far as storyline. Now Shrek obviously needs to go and I don't think many would argue :lol:
A guilty pleasure of mine is that I actually really like DMMM. Obviously its a sim and not always a must ride, but the CGI is great and those minions really make me laugh. Also its just a layover of a ride plot and sim that has been there since the park opened. No harm no foul

Reactions: amityboattours
I like DMMM too, especially the two pre shows....and I'm not a Shrek hater either, and I love the Shrek pre show. I was just throwing out what Tim said.

Reactions: BrenRays
I like DMMM too, especially the two pre shows....and I'm not a Shrek hater either, and I love the Shrek pre show. I was just throwing out what Tim said.
I don't hate Shrek. The Pre-show is actually pretty fun. It's the show portion that I just don't care to do anymore. Those seats jolt you around way too much and I can watch the short on Netflix if I want.

Your last statement, in the review, pretty well sums up my philosophy on theme park attractions, "we had fun-and that really is all that matters in a theme park ride". I am soooo in agreement with that statement. :thumbsup::toast:

shhhhhh I have fun on trampolines and playing uno let's not give them too much slack.

Reactions: Steptwice
Just rode it....it's not much fun, if you don't know the characters there's absolutely no connection to it, the cgi in the 360 tunnel is awful, it's short, and here should have been more changes. This thing is gonna get known as the cheapo Kong clone.

Kong does everything better than this ride.

Oh yeah...and not a single person clapped or sounded happy after getting off the ride. I did hear a few comments about how disappointed people were though.

Oh yeah...and not a single person clapped or sounded happy after getting off the ride. I did hear a few comments about how disappointed people were though.

This is one aspect I'm curious to see.

Many of the theme parkers hated or were lukewarm on Fallon, but it has high GSAT's.

Same thing with F&F now....

Thinking about it, there was no expectation of Fallon other than "OK, here's a ride with a Tonight Show host.". Guests were open to anything that was given to them. With F&F, there are 2 expectations - to be fast, and maybe a little furious. Seeing a bus on a screen may be a complete turnoff to them, and if Kong's GSAT scores weren't great......

I've had a lot of friends and family (outside of the theme park sphere) ask me about the ride and were completely surprised when I said it a bus and a 360 screen. They were expecting a roller coaster, or something like Spider-Man or Test Track. (Or as my mom says... Fast Track :bonk:)

I had two little boys sitting behind me and when the ride was over one of them said, "that was it?"

Heard a young couple mention they liked the Despicable Me 'kiddie' ride better. As far as I know these people are the general public. I think people will like it if it's one of the first screen based rides they ride at the park...and as long as they don't ride Kong first.

Question to those who have ridden it. If they were to "fix" the 360 ending by making the cgi better and more realistic and just redoing it, would that make the ride pretty good? Seems like the first parts aren't too bad but the ending kills the excitement. I rode the Hollywood version 2 years ago, and while it was ok, the ending with Vin hanging from the chopper just ruined it for me.

Reactions: tankart150
Question to those who have ridden it. If they were to "fix" the 360 ending by making the cgi better and more realistic and just redoing it, would that make the ride pretty good? Seems like the first parts aren't too bad but the ending kills the excitement. I rode the Hollywood version 2 years ago, and while it was ok, the ending with Vin hanging from the chopper just ruined it for me.

Make it better? Yes.

Make it good? ehhhhhh

:lol:

I haven’t ridden either, but a Fast & Furious ride needs real explosions, and lots of them.

Hating screens and loving Disney are not one in the same. I think we really need to stop this Universal vs. Disney thing. :deadhorse:
I think he's more pointing out the fact that Universal is sometimes held under more scrutiny by folks, and Disney gets away with the same thing

Granted, I would say that Disney knows how to properly pace an attraction, and Universal is hit or miss...But we shall see in a few years when all the big E-tickets are out

Regardless, the Disney vs Universal thing will never stop, anymore than the Yankees and Red Sox

I honestly think the fact that the ride is screen-based is the LEAST of the issues here and not at all what most people are complaining about. Even the ride system (which makes no sense for Fast IP) isn't what most people are complaining about. It's just a really bad execution of a ride, period. You spend a full minute not moving at all in a bus while staring at a musion effect in which nothing happens but plot exposition. This isn't at all comparable to the beginning sequences on Kong (which are also screen based) because at least things happen in those sequences and the one prior to the 360 tunnel has a motion base. On Fast, the sequence before the 360 tunnel has no motion base, no action, no creatures jumping at you in 3D, and it goes on for what seems like an eternity. I also don't see how removing the 3D makes this better than Hollywood's and not worse. Removing 3D just makes all the problems with the original tram tour segment more obvious since you no longer have the added distraction the 3D would create. No 3D causes the flaws of the 360 tunnel to stick out way more than Kong and it provides a less immersive experience. All so they could say they didn't add another 3D ride? Talk about missing the forest for the trees.