Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 313 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, this scene is what makes me hate the ride as much as I do. Like I said a while back... slow the bus down in the practical set and HEAVILY truncate the Musion scene and the project becomes way less embarrassing. I have no idea how/why the part of the tram tour that everyone hated somehow made it over to our version completely unchanged when we already have TWO pre-shows setting up the ride. We don't need ANOTHER pre-show on the ride itself. It's absolutely mind-blowing anyone thought it was a good idea to have a ride with so many pre-show scenarios.

We have the first awkward "family" pre-show, the war-room pre-show, the loading area which acts as a pre-show, the speed tunnel with exposition on a TV-screen which acts as a pre-show (complete with spiels about cell phones and flash photography!), and the musion scene (which acts a pre-show on the Hollywood Tram) and then a 60 second "ride" where a bus shakes. This isn't a theme park attraction. It's 50 pre-shows with bad acting and a 60 second tech-demo in a tunnel with bad CGI.

PRE-SHOW: THE RIDE!!

Lmao. Gotta keep the trams moving.

I honestly think the fact that the ride is screen-based is the LEAST of the issues here and not at all what most people are complaining about. Even the ride system (which makes no sense for Fast IP) isn't what most people are complaining about. It's just a really bad execution of a ride, period. You spend a full minute not moving at all in a bus while staring at a musion effect in which nothing happens but plot exposition. This isn't at all comparable to the beginning sequences on Kong (which are also screen based) because at least things happen in those sequences and the one prior to the 360 tunnel has a motion base. On Fast, the sequence before the 360 tunnel has no motion base, no action, no creatures jumping at you in 3D, and it goes on for what seems like an eternity. I also don't see how removing the 3D makes this better than Hollywood's and not worse. Removing 3D just makes all the problems with the original tram tour segment more obvious since you no longer have the added distraction the 3D would create. No 3D causes the flaws of the 360 tunnel to stick out way more than Kong and it provides a less immersive experience. All so they could say they didn't add another 3D ride? Talk about missing the forest for the trees.
Oh my gosh yes the 'party scene' is absolutely awful. Just sitting there not moving staring over at the musion screen watching the characters banter with the FBI agent is so cringe inducing. Not exciting, not funny, hardly a solid story setup. Then suddenly you're in the 360 tunnel and it's just a cgi mess till the end.

Forgot to bring this up, but I noticed they dubbed over the FBI agent's voice during the musion scene. Anyone know why they did that? It just sounds so "off" after experiencing Hollywood's version several times.

I don’t understand why they didn’t add those live actors onto the actual ride. They could’ve placed them on the set. You just ride by that set and move on to the musion scene. A missed opportunity.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, and I don't mean to get political, but I'm guessing the FBI Agent was probably re-dubbed with new dialogue because of all the "police-discrimination" drama going on in society (especially with the Alton Sterling incident).

Universal execs must've thought he felt too aggressive, so they changed the lines ("ON THE GROUND, RIGHT NOW!" -> "YOU'RE UNDER ARREST, RIGHT NOW!" *Doesn't really work that well.*) and forced that god awful reboot of a scene that doesn't even feel remotely right for this iteration of the attraction due to the fact that we're not even introduced to Agent Novak, who's given the short but significant spotlight during the musion section, as a character beforehand (just a small thing that kind of annoys me, although it doesn't really matter because his character isn't even that significant anyways). I don't know, but this sounds like a plausible scenario.

Anyways, here's this gem that I came across:

Last edited:
And just to clarify... they did the same re-dubbing of the FBI agent in Hollywood as well and yes, it was clearly done for political reasons. Since this scene is already an abomination they really should cut it entirely in our version. Have the bus park for the same period of time in the practical set so we can at least enjoy the one good part of this "ride" and then move directly to the 360 tunnel with the truck randomly rising in the old musion scene just for fun as we drive by. The story makes no sense regardless even with approximately one million pre-shows, spiels, tv-screens on the bus, more pre-shows, more spiels, and a few more pre-shows anyway. Let us marvel at the cool set instead of a reflection of a tv-screen playing a bad episode of Miami Vice.

And just to clarify... they did the same re-dubbing of the FBI agent in Hollywood as well and yes, it was clearly done for political reasons. Since this scene is already an abomination they really should cut it entirely in our version. Have the bus park for the same period of time in the practical set so we can at least enjoy the one good part of this "ride" and then move directly to the 360 tunnel with the truck randomly rising in the old musion scene just for fun as we drive by. The story makes no sense regardless even with approximately one million pre-shows, spiels, tv-screens on the bus, more pre-shows, more spiels, and a few more pre-shows anyway. Let us marvel at the cool set instead of a reflection of a tv-screen playing a bad episode of Miami Vice.

Out of curiosity, what was so political about the original musion scene? Honestly, I never got that vibe, like, at all.

Hey Guys? Family. Remember that. Family. Now lets go break laws!
LMAO.

78420cb0-ac11-0133-39b9-06e18a8a4ae5.gif

... we break laws and people get to watch and shake around on a bus while not moving. #FastAndFuriousRide

Reactions: Joel and Cheezbat
Question to those who have ridden it. If they were to "fix" the 360 ending by making the cgi better and more realistic and just redoing it, would that make the ride pretty good? Seems like the first parts aren't too bad but the ending kills the excitement. I rode the Hollywood version 2 years ago, and while it was ok, the ending with Vin hanging from the chopper just ruined it for me.
Like @Brian G. said... Would it make it better? Of course. It would be hard to get much worse. But good? simply CGI won't fix that, which leads into my next point...

I honestly think the fact that the ride is screen-based is the LEAST of the issues here and not at all what most people are complaining about. Even the ride system (which makes no sense for Fast IP) isn't what most people are complaining about. It's just a really bad execution of a ride, period. You spend a full minute not moving at all in a bus while staring at a musion effect in which nothing happens but plot exposition. This isn't at all comparable to the beginning sequences on Kong (which are also screen based) because at least things happen in those sequences and the one prior to the 360 tunnel has a motion base. On Fast, the sequence before the 360 tunnel has no motion base, no action, no creatures jumping at you in 3D, and it goes on for what seems like an eternity. I also don't see how removing the 3D makes this better than Hollywood's and not worse. Removing 3D just makes all the problems with the original tram tour segment more obvious since you no longer have the added distraction the 3D would create. No 3D causes the flaws of the 360 tunnel to stick out way more than Kong and it provides a less immersive experience. All so they could say they didn't add another 3D ride? Talk about missing the forest for the trees.
THIS.

It's not about it being a screen ride as much as it is about it just generally being cringy all the way around from the pre-shows, to the musion scenes to the CGI and to the abrupt ending. This could've been a good ride if done properly, but they decided to pretty much copy and paste from Hollywood, so it is what it is.

I wonder how long this ride will last realistically...10 years? 20 years?
I give it until 2035-ish or so unless it just gets railed on by guests. The good thing is once they decide to replace it, they'll have a large show building to work with.

Lot's of things to get to at USF before then though. MoM, MiB, KidZone, Mummy, Shrek, DMMM, HRRR(?), Simpsons (contract expires 2028), etc. They have virtually the entire park to worry about before F&F so it'll be around for quite awhile.