Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Except they are building a realistic recreation of the Falcon, so there can only be one hallway and one cockpit... so to have any capacity making cockpits that rotate in for loading and rotate away makes total sense. It will be seamless, and allow much greater capacity, plus it's a better use of space.
This. Yes.

Except there are 4 "cockpits". That's a ridiculous amount of expense, again for about 10% of the visitors to appreciate. This isn't like Mickey, where they hide the fact there are 3 so the 7 year olds that still believe in Santa Claus don't find out there are 3.

The Millennium Falcon doesn't have a 3 hour long hallway you have to walk through to get to it. And you will see the one sitting outside, so even if you walk up a ramp into it, you'll know it isn't the one you saw outside. That just seems ridiculously complex to fool 30 & 40 years olds in Jedi outfits.

You could just as easily have a bunch of splits in the hallway/queue to batteries of stationary pods. If the pods move , their movements will be much less intense, and comfortable, More like Spider-Man, not Star Tours. And 25% of capacity will disappear when something breaks.

We'll see, if you go though the entire Falcon, seemlessly into the cockpit, that would be cool, just seems it will create massive technical costs. And what happened to the group of people that entered the cockpit before you? Where is the line when you leave the cockpit? The illusion had to end somewhere.

Except there are 4 "cockpits". That's a ridiculous amount of expense, again for about 10% of the visitors to appreciate. This isn't like Mickey, where they hide the fact there are 3 so the 7 year olds that still believe in Santa Claus don't find out there are 3.

The Millennium Falcon doesn't have a 3 hour long hallway you have to walk through to get to it. And you will see the one sitting outside, so even if you walk up a ramp into it, you'll know it isn't the one you saw outside. That just seems ridiculously complex to fool 30 & 40 years olds in Jedi outfits.

You could just as easily have a bunch of splits in the hallway/queue to batteries of stationary pods. If the pods move , their movements will be much less intense, and comfortable, More like Spider-Man, not Star Tours. And 25% of capacity will disappear when something breaks.

We'll see, if you go though the entire Falcon, seemlessly into the cockpit, that would be cool, just seems it will create massive technical costs. And what happened to the group of people that entered the cockpit before you? Where is the line when you leave the cockpit? The illusion had to end somewhere.

Many guests may ask if Harry Potter is in Disney World but the majority aren’t stupid. They know quality when they see it. People on here talk as if the general public doesn’t notice or appreciate the details. They may not obsess over it like we do but they notice it. Or these details may subconsciously make them feel some type of way. Which is why they’re paying $100 plus at the gate to get in instead of going to their local six flags. Disney, you continue molding peanut shells on the ground and creating fake waterfall wheels. I’m here for it.

Last edited:
Thinking on this some, they should have had a Jedi Experience line that would give your group of 6 a self guided walk to the loading bay, into the hanger to see the Falcon, and walk up the ramp, walk through the halls of the Flacon, have time in the lounge area outside the cockpit, and then go into the cockpit. All self guided with light cues. Give you 2 minutes in each section to take it all in, as a crew.

The ride needs to load a cockpit in less than a minute. The regular lines will be packed. This line would be half speed, and expect you to know what you were doing, follow the lights, and have private time in each area, to really soak it all in. And could go even slower to keep the true illusion.

THAT would make sense for the rotating cockpits. But the throughput would be abysmal. Maybe it could be included in a stay at the hotel (just send me a check for the idea, Disney).

Many guests may ask if Harry Potter is in Disney World but the majority aren’t stupid. They know quality when they see it. People on here talk as if the general public doesn’t notice or appreciate the details. They may not obsess over it like we do but they notice it. Or these details may subconsciously make them feel some type of way. Which is why they’re paying $100 plus at the gate to get in instead of going to their local six flags. Disney, you continue molding peanut shells on the ground and creating fake waterfall wheels. I’m here for it.

I don't know. Many people wake up in the middle of the night to get a Peter Pan or Midway Mania Fastpass for 68 days in the future. Those folks sure won't get it. They'll be talking about how on Earth did those islands float in Pandora.

Thinking on this some, they should have had a Jedi Experience line that would give your group of 6 a self guided walk to the loading bay, into the hanger to see the Falcon, and walk up the ramp, walk through the halls of the Flacon, have time in the lounge area outside the cockpit, and then go into the cockpit. All self guided with light cues. Give you 2 minutes in each section to take it all in, as a crew.

The ride needs to load a cockpit in less than a minute. The regular lines will be packed. This line would be half speed, and expect you to know what you were doing, follow the lights, and have private time in each area, to really soak it all in. And could go even slower to keep the true illusion.

THAT would make sense for the rotating cockpits. But the throughput would be abysmal. Maybe it could be included in a stay at the hotel (just send me a check for the idea, Disney).

My guess would be that groups are held back at various stages of the queue in multiple pre-shows.

Talking pre-shows, who narrates this thing? Harrison is unlikely to do it and most people don't speak wookie. Landon? Rey? Random droid?

Finn! Po!
Finn I could see, but has Poe actually been ON the Falcon? I don't think he has (at least, not that we've seen).

I think that's my question. There's only a handful of characters with any "right" to guiding us through the Falcon: Han, Chewie, Lando, Luke, Leia, Rey, Finn. And based on time aboard/narrative connection to it, it's basically in that order.

I think that's my question. There's only a handful of characters with any "right" to guiding us through the Falcon: Han, Chewie, Lando, Luke, Leia, Rey, Finn. And based on time aboard/narrative connection to it, it's basically in that order.
So that order, is that your First Order?

It would be funny if the "pre-show" is Chewie giving you flight control instructions for the Falcon. As in you can't understand a word of his instruction, and your basically left to "wing it".
That’s hilarious then as the video ends have a Disney cast member totally oblivious that WE didn’t understand and say something along the lines of

“Alright! You heard him loud and clear. Now go out there and save the galaxy! We are counting on you!”

And the doors open for the ride. Lol that would be great

Talking pre-shows, who narrates this thing? Harrison is unlikely to do it and most people don't speak wookie. Landon? Rey? Random droid?
Disney wants this land set within the new trilogy so it will likely be some combination of BB-8, Chewie, Finn, Poe and Rey. Not necessarily all of them, but those are the most likely candidates.

Disney wants this land set within the new trilogy so it will likely be some combination of BB-8, Chewie, Finn, Poe and Rey. Not necessarily all of them, but those are the most likely candidates.

They already showed it would be Hondo Ohnaka from the cartoon shows being the leader of the mission on the Falcon ride.

For those who have not watched the shows, this is not a good thing.

They already showed it would be Hondo Ohnaka from the cartoon shows being the leader of the mission on the Falcon ride.

For those who have not watched the shows, this is not a good thing.
That name really doesn't mean much to me, which I feel is a problem regardless of how the character is on the show. I don't want some rando as the leader on the freaking Falcon. It needs should be a character cemented into SW lore that fans would recognize.

The Falcon ride has always been my biggest question mark with this land. I'm pretty confidant based on everything i've heard that the Battle ride will be a top ride in the industry once it's open. I guess you could say my expectations for Battle are sky high and expectations for Falcon are just slightly above where they were for F&F.

The Falcon ride has always been my biggest question mark with this land. I'm pretty confidant based on everything i've heard that the Battle ride will be a top ride in the industry once it's open. I guess you could say my expectations for Battle are sky high and expectations for Falcon are just slightly above where they were for F&F.

I'm the complete opposite, personally. At this point I haven't heard anything about the Battle ride that has me interested, while the Falcon is completely fascinating to me.