Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey everyone. Just joined the forums because of this thread lol. I would love to hear some of your thoughts/ speculations about what they are going to do to the ride! I've never been out to USH (I travel to USO every year) however, your version of the ride looks superior to ours!
Welcome. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Pk3062
A new rumor has surfaced. Supposedly this overhaul is coming to the Hollywood version, but not the Orlando one. If that’s true, I’m going to be a bit disappointed, as I believe both are in a desperate need for an overhaul.

Universal Studios Hollywood May Re-theme Jurassic Park: The Ride to Jurassic World According to Rumor - Jurassic Outpost

Makes sense to me. If Orlando gets an entire new JW land in a new park eventually, Hollywood could get a revamp of river adventure to update it to JW. The second JW movie is set in a deadly volcanic eruption, which would be an exciting way to change up the ride and add new effects.

Does Universal Los Angeles have more room considering the Gyrosphere attraction would require more action due to being a land-based area rather than a water attraction?

Based on the trailers for the second JW movie, there are still plenty of water scenes and new water dinos that could be added....

Reactions: Mad Dog
This is Blu Sky, but...what if there were 2 dinosaurs for the finale room...? Place the Indominous and Rex in the same room! That would be cool!

Them charging at eachother for a fight would make a cool finale before the drop.

When I wanted Kong to be a flume at the Studios back when Peter Jackson's movie first came out, I imagined something similar but with Kong and a T-Rex mimicking this scene:

maxresdefault.jpg

Imagine those 2 AA's.

Reactions: Ryno27
So let's say the Jurassic World overlay does end up happening. Which scenes in JP would you be okay with losing/reimagining.

Here's what i'd like to see.

Replace the broken falling car scene with a working falling gyrosphere.
Enclose the bottom portion of the hill lift as well as enclose the scene with the spitting dinos just prior. They could do a lot more with that space.
Replace the first "Time an ever flowing river" left turn scene so it looked less like you're in a greenhouse garden and make it more realistic.
Cover the Frankenstien structure and SSFL better or repaint it.
Chris Pratt AA's, at least 3 of them lol

I got an idea: let’s replace all the animatronics with screens! We’re gonna need all the popcorn in the world.
Please don't give Universal animore ideas about screens. :p There are too many "screens" attractions at Universal.
They are probably already creating a new attraction based on a lot of 3D screens.

I fear the good old T-Rex will be replaced with the Indominus Rex, an animal which design I hated.

Please don't give Universal animore ideas about screens. :p There are too many "screens" attractions at Universal.
They are probably already creating a new attraction based on a lot of 3D screens.

I fear the good old T-Rex will be replaced with the Indominus Rex, an animal which design I hated.
Albino t-rex

I disagree. I thought it looked badass.

You were supposed to hate the design of the Indominus Rex. The director said it’s a commentary on capitalism. He’s the new George A. Romero, y’see!?

Reactions: JoeCamel
Welp, Screamscsape, the same source that reported this rumor, is now saying that we may see an announcement at the 25th anniversary celebration next week!

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I feel like announcing the change at the event would be a monumentally bad idea. You gather, presumably, thousands of Jurassic Park fans into one place to celebrate the 25th anniversary of their beloved movie. Halfway through the event you tell them that the attraction based on the movie they have paid extra to celebrate is being removed? There'd be riots!